Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Multiple stabbings at Killarney Hotel

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,559 ✭✭✭baldbear

Georgians? But is that not a safe country?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,363 ✭✭✭Jinglejangle69

Sure we don’t get vetted when we go to Spain……

• Registered Users Posts: 5,559 ✭✭✭baldbear

Sure don't the Irish be at the same craic on the streets of Rathkeale every Christmas? :)

But at least the cops know the Irish and have their identify papers.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,390 ✭✭✭UsBus

Doesn't matter if your country is safe now or not. You just tear up your documents upon entry here and get on the fastrack asylum process.

This country is falling into crisis. Will the government last the next two years at the rate this situation is escalating at.?

• Registered Users Posts: 23,677 ✭✭✭✭Kermit.de.frog

'International protection applicants' - what? Haven't heard this phrase before.

Are the separate to refugees or something?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 394 ✭✭Miadhc

Does it really matter if the government lasts? Nothing will change.

FF/FG/GP or SF. Pick your poison.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,283 ✭✭✭Gusser09

Great stuff. We dont have enough native scum in the country for the bleeding hearts liking. Lets import it now too.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,381 ✭✭✭Yurt2

Ah sh*te, I forgot bleeding hearts, that's drink from a shoe.

• Registered Users Posts: 82,415 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

I wonder will fingerprints be taken 🤔

Don't you know the forridners remove their hands and flush them down the jacks at Dublin Airport?

Lampin' Jesus do you follow Hermann Kelly on Twitter at all? Highly accurate source of information for all things immigration.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 984 ✭✭✭Still stihl waters 3

Already enriching our most scenic and touristy town I see, the yanks will queue up to get a spin in the jarveys to show where the mighty battle of killarney took place between somalians and georgians

• Registered Users Posts: 25,328 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

Staff and locals indeed local Gardai who I feel sorry for.

imagine signing up for a job in ’hospitality’ and instead see an exponential risk of you ending up in hospital with people running around swinging knives at each other… in your workplace….absolute state of this country…

i too don’t imagine Gardai are going to be resourced there with enough armed Gardai to cope with multiple people running around trying to stab and slash each other in a massive accommodation / leisure facility….

any Garda who ends up shooting an individual who poses a threat to wellbeing or life will have the moron supporters of these people down on them in a rabid fetish foaming at the mouth zombie style apocalypse and when asked why it should be tolerated… “they are from xxxxx that’s why..”

Too if you’d brought your family out, Sunday evening for a meal… 😵‍💫.

place has gone bonkers…. Be interesting to hear how many ‘arrests’ are made 😏…. Remember a hotel has pretty much every centimetre covered by CCTV…

probably be swept under the carpet… “ a regrettable outbreak of antisocial behaviour, more security, they’ve all been given a letter to behave etc…“

Why hotels? Why not the massive amounts of unwanted cruise ships, or prefabs?

This must surely be harming a town's capacity for tourism.

Loads of other countries have done this exact thing. I don't know if Ireland has?

You missed the memo, the two arrested weren't Ukrainian and there's no Ukrainians present in the hotel.

Who's a foaming at the mouth zombie again?

Another episode of Think Before you Type, brought to you by Daz, keeping your whites whiter than white.

Typo my friend, and edited before your post, but thanks ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 86,256 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

We need to stop pronto letting non nationals in, we have enough Irish homeless, over crowded hospitals and fighting scum bags etc., that our Gardai can barely manage, we are a small country, ffs, our government needs to grow a pair and get tough

I’d imagine cruise ships would cost a fortune to procure….. hundreds of tonnes of steel… then imagine staffing it… they have hundreds of rooms…. one I’m looking at here has an asking price of 25 million…. Who staffs it ?

chefs, security, medical personnel, cleaners, waiting staff…. health and safety…

It was already tried in Ireland so I'm not wrong, and it was done elsewhere in Europe.

It's surely the cheapest way to build accommodation in a country where there is a massive shortage. Literally buy old boats and build some new sorts of jetties / port facilities for them. The water is free and the ships can be delivered by sea, so cheaper than by air.

Who staffs them? I dunno, maybe the people living on them? That's how ships work, isn't it.

Yes, a typo, ohhh schuks thanks for the advice but you might want to take some yourself there 🤷‍♂️

It was turned down, and from what I’m reading between the lines, I doubt ‘port capacity’ was the sole deciding factor.

multiple cruise ships dock in Dublin…. Just the ones who pay to and whose clients contribute positively to our economy are being prioritised.. correctly.

if we told MSC to sling their hook they wouldn’t be back..

cruise industry is valued at around 60 million annually to Ireland.

• Advertisement

Right, give up so. Ireland can magic thousands of rooms out of thin air some other way.

Hopefully they start by allowing high rises. That would do a lot for the country. I live in a regular apartment building that is taller than any building in Ireland, and it isn't even particularly tall.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,921 ✭✭✭John Doe1

Oh no, I wonder how will the NGOS and open borders advocates will spin this.

"Disturbances in Killarney were caused by PTSD related to seeing far right nazis in East Wall on TV" by Sorcha Pollak

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 60,128 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Thread closed by three, six hours out on the guess. 😉

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement