Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What are your views on Multiculturalism in Ireland? - Threadbanned User List in OP

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 156 ✭✭Nosler

Yeah, heaven forbid that Irish people are put first in Ireland.

• Registered Users Posts: 41,062 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

National Party and Ireland First are far right extremist white supremacist parties. Justin Barrett was even praising Hitler recently. Knock yourself out if thats what you are into.

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

• Registered Users Posts: 23,695 ✭✭✭✭One eyed Jack

How are Irish people not being put first, when one of the primary conditions of receiving any kind of support from the State is the habitual residence condition?

https://www.citizensinformation.ie/en/social_welfare/irish_social_welfare_system/social_assistance_payments/residency_requirements_for_social_assistance_in_ireland.html

The same people calling for Irish people to be put first are very selective in what they mean by that. They’re clearly not referring to Irish people who don’t share and support their ideas which means they are putting themselves first, and it has nothing to do with being Irish, and everything to do with what they think it means to be Irish. It’s why they poll as poorly as they do, because the Irish electorate just doesn’t support their ideas of what it means to be Irish, or their vision for Irish society.

• Registered Users Posts: 156 ✭✭Nosler

"Far right", that basically means anyone that questions immigration.

"White supremacist", white people basically invented the modern world. I bet Dublin has has had more inventors etc than the whole of Africa.... does that not tell you something?

Lol. You keep supporting the Nazis there Dude.

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

• Advertisement

Thats it isnt it

See this example of attacking their own from people who claim to want to "look after their own". We all know that "looking after our own" means hating others.

Joe Mooney - Looking after our own first ? Why are East Wall... | Facebook

Terry Pratchet

• Registered Users Posts: 1,609 ✭✭✭Tonesjones

You are giving out about people who call others names yet you yourself are calling the national party dude names.

Like I said yesterday- two cheeks of the same arse

🤣🤣🤣

Ah bless. He was called a violent animal abusing racist.

Terry Pratchet

• Registered Users Posts: 1,609 ✭✭✭Tonesjones

• Registered Users Posts: 3,213 ✭✭✭Mic 1972

• Advertisement

Terry Pratchet

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,131 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

Nosler threadbanned

• Registered Users Posts: 3,361 ✭✭✭1800_Ladladlad

In Malmo Sweden, a new government report for the Growth Commission found that two out of three children aged between 5 to 19 are migrants, excluding third-generation migrants. Malmo's Integration researcher, Erica Righard, an assistant professor at Malmö University stated what has previously been a "far-right conspiracy theory" - the indigenous population has become a numerical minority in Malmö, now true. She wants to see schools teaching and migrants studying in their own home languages (Afghans & Syrians) in order to ‘boost learning’ as most students are only obtaining grade E, which I presume is an indication of low performance in schools. What’s next? Arabic becoming an official language of communication with state authorities? Will Swedes take compulsory Arabic lessons?

In 40 years Sweden went from one of the most homogenous countries in the western world to one of the least. That's roughly one and a half generations. In 1980 not even 1% of Sweden's population had a background in a non-European country. As of 2021, 33.5% of all residents in Sweden have a foreign background and accounted for the majority of the population increase in 2020. A Finnish academic showed that in less than 50 years Swedes are expected to become a minority in their own country's population composing less than half of the population by 2065 if their current levels of immigration remain unchanged in the next half-decade. If current policies persist, Sweden will see seismic shifts in its demographics, culture, and society. The fertility rate has dropped right across Sweden. The fertility rate has been slowly dropping from 1.91 children per woman in 2012 to 1.67 children per woman in 2021. The replacement fertility rate is at 2.1. For example, in the capital of Stockholm, there has been a 14% reduction in births in the first quarter of 2022 compared with 2021. An example from an article entitled "The Swedes of the future are Arabs. Norway on its heel" shows that people from Western countries rarely apply for Swedish citizenship, yet it's a completely different story for people from the Islamic-dominated world. In 2021 40,000 non-Western people received Swedish citizenship alone. The largest was Syrians 27,340. Somalis (4,305), Iraq (2,141), Iranians (1,245), Eritrea followed Afghanistan: (3,471). For reference, only 163 Norwegians, 198 Danes & 204 Finns became Swedish citizens in 2021.

Madness

A Brazilian woman was allegedly murdered by her Brazillian boyfriend on new years in Cork and a mass stabbing incident at a hotel in Kerry housing 90%+ fraudulent asylum seekers on new years day. This isn't going well for the multiculti narrative, is it?

In 1980 not even 1% of Sweden's population had a background in a non-European country. As of 2021, 33.5% of all residents in Sweden have a foreign background and accounted for the majority of the population increase in 2020.

What’s with the not comparing like with like there?

The population exceeded 10 million for the first time on Friday, 20 January 2017. The three largest cities are StockholmGothenburg and Malmö. Sweden's population has become much more ethnically, religiously and linguistically diverse over the past 70 years as a result of immigration. Every fourth (24.9%) resident in the country has a foreign background and every third (32.3%) has at least one parent born abroad. The most common foreign ancestry is Finnish.

The majority of the population are ethnic Swedes, or people who can trace most of their ethnicity to Sweden going back at least 12 generations. The Sweden Finns are a large ethnic minority comprising approximately 50,000 along the Swedish-Finnish border, and 450,000 first and second-generation immigrated ethnic Finns, mainly living in the Mälaren Valleyregion.

There are no official statistics on ethnicity, but according to Statistics Sweden, around two million (19.6%) inhabitants in Sweden are born in another country. Of those, more than half are Swedish citizens. The most common countries of origin were Syria (1.82%), Finland (1.45%), Iraq (1.41%), Poland(0.91%), Iran (0.76%) and Somalia (0.67%).

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Demographics_of_Sweden

unfortunately there are many people here in Ireland, and indeed here on boards, who celebrate this kind of change

• Registered Users Posts: 655 ✭✭✭BoxcarWilliam99

Miller Pacheco has been arrested and charged with murder.

Excellent work from the guards once again.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,663 ✭✭✭DebDynamite

It’s already happening here. In this article on the first babies born in 2023, out of 7 of babies born, 4 were born to, what would be safe to assume, immigrant parents.

https://www.rte.ie/news/2023/0101/1344397-new-year-babies/

• Registered Users Posts: 202 ✭✭Geert von Instetten

If this is the case, then it is radical that, at least ostensibly, migration as a result of asylum rather than relatively localised European economic conditions, accounts for the majority of individual countries of origin in Sweden.

That article is impossible to read 😳 This made me laugh though -

Her old sister Ciara had never watched a baby being delivered, other than her own before: "It was such a privilege to be part of and to be present was just amazing. it was an emotional day. She was incredible and Harry did what he was meant to and the staff here and all the midwives were so amazing, just the energy in the room. I suppose its nature doing its thing but it was lovely."

I dare not speculate about the authors (or the editors) nationality based on their grasp of the English language 😂

Better off getting actual data from CSO figures than lazily written articles from RTE, and based on the figures for Q2 in 2022, we’re not even close to being replaced by immigrants -

Nationality of mothers

Of the 14,449 births in quarter 2 2022, there were 10,901 babies (75%) born to mothers of Irish nationality compared to 8,947 (77%) in quarter 2 2021.

https://www.cso.ie/en/releasesandpublications/ep/p-vs/vitalstatisticssecondquarter2022/

• Advertisement

The journalist responsible for the article is listed in the article’s byline, worth adding that the CSO data referenced is in relation to nationality rather ethnicity.

Fair enough, why pretend? - everyone is well aware that Sweden’s Syrian, Iraqi, Iranian and Somali population is primarily a product of their asylum policy.

I know Geert, I was joking 😬

Isn’t nationality what’s being referred to in the last few posts too though? We’re not concerned with ethnicity, that’d be racist, and nobody’s racist around these parts…

Ostensibly.

There's more. in Cork, A Latvian man was arrested for assaulting a Ukrainian man with a bottle which resulted in the Ukrainian man almost bleeding to death.

Yesterday, two men were charged after seriouly assaulting two lads, leaving them to be dicovered seriously injured in a lane just off from Grafton Street and was taken St James. 

I don’t get you, who’s pretending what now? These two phrases are referring to two different groups of people -

In 1980 not even 1% of Sweden's population had a background in a non-European country. As of 2021, 33.5% of all residents in Sweden have a foreign background and accounted for the majority of the population increase in 2020.

And I provided a reference to the Wiki entry (handy as any) for demographics in Sweden to demonstrate the difference. I didn’t even bother to entertain this banger -

Malmo's Integration researcher, Erica Righard, an assistant professor at Malmö University stated what has previously been a "far-right conspiracy theory" - the indigenous population has become a numerical minority in Malmö, now true.

Smells like Surströmming and all 😒

• Registered Users Posts: 4,885 ✭✭✭enricoh

Growing pains as we head towards a multicultural utopia 1800 lad. I live in Meath n there's been 4 murders in the county since August, all foreign- people just shrug their shoulders now.

Some fella on the news saying different nationalities in the same hotels leading to tensions- if paddy speeds up giving them all a free gaff I'm sure tensions will dissipate! Is feidir Linn!

• Registered Users Posts: 655 ✭✭✭BoxcarWilliam99

The local weekly paper here has a courts section from the county town. Every week amongst our own low lives there are lists of foreign names- drink driving- assault- drunk and disorderly- drug possession- theft etc etc . There will always be bad eggs but they non national population is way way over represented. Nobody bats an eye.

Is it? I’m perfectly comfortable recognising that Ireland is experiencing ethnic and cultural change and I’m perfectly comfortable voicing my concern at the extent to which this is occurring. The idea that opposition to demographic change, by any metric, is inherently objectionable is one that I disagree with. Regardless of whether others agree or disagree, is is important to clarify your CSO data, as I imagine you are well aware. By the way, if you had read the article on which you are commenting, you would be aware that it is entirely unclear that Katarina Olejnikova and Frantisek Olejnik etc. are non-nationals…

• Advertisement

Why pretend that the radical reality that Sweden’s non-national population is a product of asylum rather than localised economic migration? By “ostensibly” I was referring to the idea that is is possible that Sweden has experienced qualified, valuable migration - as opposed to asylum migration - from the aforementioned countries of origin… that this went over your head speaks volumes.

Advertisement