Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What are your views on Multiculturalism in Ireland? - Threadbanned User List in OP

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,246 ✭✭✭✭Dyr

• Registered Users Posts: 23,695 ✭✭✭✭One eyed Jack

By the way, if you had read the article on which you are commenting, you would be aware that it is entirely unclear that Katarina Olejnikova and Frantisek Olejnik etc. are non-nationals…

I never assumed their nationality either way in the first place Geert, you should raise that point with Debs who brought the article up -

• Registered Users Posts: 202 ✭✭Geert von Instetten

Well, I would expect, then, that your response to that initial comment would to be question the assumption that Katarina Olejnikova and Frantisek Olejnik etc. are non-nationals, instead you appear to accept that they are non-nationals and decided to refer to CSO data instead, which is odd, considering your contention is that nationality rather than ethnic identity is the only valid consideration. Based on the contents of that article it is entirely unclear that any of those included are non-nationals, why then appeal to an alternative data source?

It didn’t go over my head at all, that’s why I was making a joke of your use of the word “ostensibly” - it was doing all the heavy lifting in your assertion. I don’t know, is the answer you probably weren’t looking for. Maybe if you could demonstrate its truth, you might have something.

You were making a different point to the one I was picking up on in the post though which was concerned with immigrants outnumbering the indigenous population. Ladlad always provides sources for their claims though, not sure why on this occasion they forgot to include links.

Why would I question who’s a non-national and who isn’t? I didn’t care, I was more interested in the use of the article to support the idea that what Ladlad referred to in their post was already happening here -

In this article on the first babies born in 2023, out of 7 of babies born, 4 were born to, what would be safe to assume, immigrant parents.

Rather than assuming anything about the people being referred to in the article, CSO data is obviously more objective than the selective data available in that article. It’s kinda important if one is going to make grandiose claims like suggesting that the indigenous population are outnumbered by immigrants.

• Advertisement

I find it revealing that instead of disagreeing with the assumption that those in the article were non-nationals, you accepted that they were non-nationals and appealed to an alternative source, regardless, I’d be interested in your definition of “immigrant”…

I didn’t accept they were non-nationals, did you read my post? I said I didn’t care whether or not anyone in the article was or wasn’t a non-national. It was a terrible article to make a point about the NUMBERS of immigrants in relation to the indigenous population. I offered a more objective source.

I’d be interested in your definition of “immigrants” because the CSO source references nationals and non-nationals…

That’s the second time you’ve told me you’d be interested in my definition of “immigrant”, or “immigrants” and now you’re just not telling me what your issue is. What’s your issue?

• Registered Users Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭Kermit.de.frog

4 more arrests in the Killarney incident. Absolutely shocking and the public have every right to be concerned about just who we are allowing in to our country with open arms. There is a sense there is no control at all and vested interest NGOs are contributing to a system that seems really weak.

• Advertisement

Are you genuinely confused or are you being obtuse? The CSO data refers to nationals and non-nationals, you rely on that data in order to demonstrate that births by “immigrants” are lower than those by their counterparts, is it then fair to assume that your definition of “immigrant” is synonymous with non-national?

I’m genuinely frustrated with your nonsense. You first tried to accuse me of doing something I hadn’t, then you nitpicked again to tell me what you expected of me, now you’re nitpicking and wanting to know what my definition of “immigrant” is, when the last time we interacted and we were referring to Joseph Nyirenda, you invented some nonsense out of nowhere, ostensibly, that he was an asylum seeker. If it hasn’t revealed itself already, I have little patience for your nitpicking nonsense.

You’ve either got something substantive, or you don’t, but I’m done entertaining your nonsense.

It is relatively simple, the CSO data refers to nationals and non-nationals, you rely on that data in order to demonstrate that births by “immigrants”, this is the term you use, “immigrants”, are lower than those by non-immigrants, the question is, then, is it fair to assume that your definition of “immigrant” is synonymous with non-national? In other words, is it fair to say that you consider “immigrant” to refer only to non-nationals resident in Ireland?

You decide whether you think it’s fair or not. I’m not a mind reader, but I don’t care either way what you think is or isn’t fair. You’re going to assume whatever suits you anyway, as you did earlier when you accused me of doing something I didn’t, then said that you found my not doing what you expected, “revealing”. Or, alternatively, you could decide to engage in the conversation in good faith and be straight up about the point you’re trying to make.

I’m interested in the words you use and the way you use them, based on your previous comments, it appears that you consider an “immigrant” to be a non-national only, however, only you will be able to clarify this. I expect, as it is after all rather simple, you will provide clarification for us all - what then, is your definition of the word “immigrant”?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,177 ✭✭✭Fandymo

So it was Algeria vs Georgia in the Hotal Killarney. The main antagonist travelled to France from Algeria legally, and then arrived here with no documents, yet is still here with his wife and newborn kid.

What a soft touch we are. Roderic is a danger to the state.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,709 ✭✭✭ShamNNspace

This brainless road to a multicultural utopia pushed by Roderick, the ngo's and the rest will do serious damage to the cultural fabric of the country in the medium to long term, the likes of him are being used by the business men and women coining it from the refugee/International protection industry... Think we are getting the brightest here? Not on your Nelly.. Just wait till these guys get involved in the lucrative drugs and prostitution trade and its already happening Mark my words, think the Kinahans an Hutches were bad just wait till these guys get a foothold, I've seen it before when I've lived elsewhere... and then all the wise owls in the media well insulated from the madness will be crying "how did we get here? " in opinion pieces in the Irish Times and the likes.. A cod of a country that never grew up with no respect for itself or its borders

• Registered Users Posts: 4,561 ✭✭✭jackboy

Nothing to do with Roderick. He is just the current lackey pushing the policy that all our political parties and the EU are in favour of.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,709 ✭✭✭ShamNNspace

If all the EU are in favour of it then why have the German government increased deportations tenfold since early last year? Why haven't we something similar here instead of a welcome matt out for all

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,131 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

Absolute Zero thtreadbanned

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 619 ✭✭✭Phat Cat

So 55% to 60% of international protection applicants would be single male applicants? That's quite alarming since most people were expecting the vast majority to be Ukrainian women and children.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,348 ✭✭✭✭Donald Trump

???

I think most people would expect that 0% of International Protection applicants to be Ukrainians. Why would they apply for IP?

• Registered Users Posts: 41,062 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

No. Ukrainians are refugees not international protection applicants.

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

• Registered Users Posts: 655 ✭✭✭BoxcarWilliam99

What in your opinion should be done about the individuals who were fighting and stabbing in Killarney. Should their asylum applications be dismissed and they be deported or would you propose something else.

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,131 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

Charges have been made so no further discussion of the Killarney incident permitted

Hungry Burger threadbanned

• Registered Users Posts: 1,273 ✭✭✭bloopy

I'm curious why they are still pushing ahead when it is becoming increasingly obvious to everyone that it is not working as was hoped.

The OP of the that other thread may be proved right in the end but not in the way they thought - the danger will be from the Right. The fringe hard Right.

All that is needed is for someone competent to take control of one of the lunatic fringe parties and our incompetent mainstream parties will push voters into their arms.

The immigration topic is bubbling under the surface and there is a lot of unease at the moment among people. If what I have seen over the Christmas is repeated elsewhere, it has very much become a dinner table conversation. And it is not a glowing, aren't we wonderful type of conversation either.

• Registered Users Posts: 619 ✭✭✭Phat Cat

Ukraine's citizens have been granted Temporary Protection, that's official government wording, and they have one year of temporary protection, but can apply for asylum 90 days after entering the country.

But that's beside the real issue here, and my overall point, do you really think that bringing in thousands of single males, 55 to 60% of overall claims according to Roderic O'Gorman, into this country is a good thing?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,177 ✭✭✭Fandymo

Even though the left have caused this mayhem. You’re still looking for a way to blame the imaginary “far right”. It’s laughable. The EU needs a hard right reset and should become more nationalist like Poland etc. Your countries citizens should come first, then EU citizens and then way way back anyone else. Not the other way round.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,348 ✭✭✭✭Donald Trump

You still haven't explained your statement that you think that most people expected the vast majority of IP applicants to be Ukrainian women and children??????? Are you standing over that statement?

Advertisement