Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Things dat Trivyully Annoy You (part whatever) *MOD WARNING IN OP* NEW

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,515 ✭✭✭✭Deja Boo

• Registered Users Posts: 4,093 ✭✭✭Bredabe

Despite or to spite being told that I don't want to hear the news(since March actually)

In he comes every hour to turn the news on in case he misses the death notices after it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

At least three other places he could listen to them instead of my workspace.

Post edited by Bredabe on

"Have you ever wagged your tail so hard you fell over"?-Brod Higgins.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,657 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

People thinking they can make unilateral declarations when they live with other adults.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,762 ✭✭✭✭dubstarr

Not having a clue what to cook.

So sick of food and thinking of what to buy.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,954 ✭✭✭SuperBowserWorld

Unable to enjoy a day off cause I'm thinking about problems and/or being reminded of problems.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,950 Mod ✭✭✭✭HildaOgdenx

Sounds like a new newsreader today, on the radio station I listen to when I'm at home.

I realised after she had been on a few times, that I had no idea what she was saying unless I listened closely. And it's not because of my hearing!

It's mostly because of that annoying thing some radio presenters / newsreaders do of pronouncing for example tested as taasted, investigate as invaaastigate, and of course putting d into words instead of t - hence ciddy cender for city centre.

Aaaaargh.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,872 ✭✭✭Princess Calla

Wanted a little treat before going to bed (well upstairs to watch tv in bed)

Took a Bailey's eclair out from freezer , took a bite.... something not quite right....read instructions "allow to thaw for at least 30 mins" so now I'm munching through a different box of chocs while I wait on eclair to thaw..... 🙄

• Registered Users Posts: 25,299 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

Whatever absolute bellend architect designed the car park in Airside Retail Park Swords. Roadways are so narrow in places and corners so sharp that in order to turn corners you have to manoeuvre your car only about a foot away from parked vehicles on one side in order to avoid hitting cars coming in the opposite direction in the adjacent lane…..

Airside is listed as having 1400 parking spaces… so I’m fairly certain no issues with having 30 or so less so that vehicles can manoeuvre safely around corners. The management obviously recognises this as recently they had to put plastic bollards between both lanes at the entrance/exit of each roadway…to physically segregate traffic… and because there is fûck all room, the bollards get clattered… real fùckin dullard job whoever planned that.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,515 ✭✭✭✭Deja Boo

Well, I burnt the bread... again!

Not only will this leave a bad taste in my mouth (pun intended, I don't waste food) but ...I wanted to finally have something to post in the "Bake anything Great" thread. ....not today, hmph.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,775 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

Could you pass it off as "Toasted loaf, well-done"?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 60,110 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

• Registered Users Posts: 3,540 ✭✭✭StevenToast

Putting the christmas decorations back up into the attic after only bringing them down a few weeks ago....

The wife loves decorations and theres a shìt load of boxes of auld tat.....

Same shìt different year...does my head in.....

"Don't piss down my back and tell me it's raining." - Fletcher

• Registered Users Posts: 8,805 ✭✭✭PsychoPete

Thoughts of having to go back to work in the morning is making my skin crawl

• Registered Users Posts: 636 ✭✭✭Duvet Day

Same here, can't believe I'm back tomorrow after nearly 2 weeks off, lashing rain and very windy outside, mother nature is reflecting my mood. Doubt I'll even sleep much, having to set the alarm was nearly too much for me. Oh lotto Gods ,hear my prayers this year.🤞🤞🤞🙄😁

• Registered Users Posts: 1,786 ✭✭✭snowgal

I’m so thankful I had enough leave for extended break, so not back till next week. I couldn’t cope being back tomorrow… I was sick most of Christmas so only coming round now and need actually holiday mode for a bit. TA that Christmas is over for most ppl and I’m just ready to celebrate it!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 22,372 CMod ✭✭✭✭Pawwed Rig

This. I woke up at 2:20 am with the dread feeling in my gut and haven't gotten back to sleep

• Registered Users Posts: 2,460 ✭✭✭Sgt Hartman

My Jack Russell is waking up in the middle of the night whinging to be let into our bedroom so that he can go under the covers and cuddle up to us.

My electric shower keeps tripping the fuse also. I had the electrician who wired it up check it and he can't find any issues on his side. I want to try get another electrician out for a second opinion though before I think about buying a new shower.

Also, I banged and hurt my 2nd toe. Now it's swollen and sore.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 22,372 CMod ✭✭✭✭Pawwed Rig

I bought an assembled unit yesterday as the flat packs drive me mental (30 minutes my arse). Got it home and it wouldn't go over the banister for love nor money. Ended up having to take the bleedin thing apart and reassemble it upstairs

Whenever someone puts a two litre bottle of mineral drink/water/milk etc.. standing up on the conveyor belt at the checkout I get TA'd by it, it's so obvious that it's going to fall when the belt moves.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,281 ✭✭✭gucci

Ah man, that reminds me of my first house (2 up 2 down with narrow stairs with door on bottom of stairs) got 2 G-Plan cupboards on ebay for about £100 each, looked lovely, great quality despite being 30 years old.

Could we get the fupping things up the stairs? NO.

I didnt go to the lengths of disassembling it as they are too well glued and built that they would be destroyed.

Ended up practically giving them away as they were too big to have downstairs and we had no where we could store them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,281 ✭✭✭gucci

Also this, felt like I had the DTs and I barely had a drop over the Christmas break!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,259 ✭✭✭Archeron

Arrived into the office after Christmas break today, first one in. Whoever was last out before closing left a massive pile of food stained crockery in the sink, which has slowly been filling with drips from the tap.

I thought it would be a good plan to load the dishwasher and clean everything, and the second I moved the greasy matter and water filled bowls, the whole room instantly smelled like a decomposing corpse had just exploded. Whatever the fuq was in those bowls went totally rancid over the holidays and now the smell is haunting me like a putrid nose ghost.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,180 ✭✭✭✭whisky_galore

Adults forced to live under the same roof as other adults.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,105 ✭✭✭Mundo7976

🤦🏻‍♂️ Why oh why did I get married

😁

• Registered Users Posts: 13,657 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

Indeed!

Today's TA is that our formerly cheap & cheerful local restaurant has jacked up prices by 25% across the board since last week. I know everyone's overheads are through the roof but their food isn't even great. We just went there cause it was handy and inexpensive. No longer.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,568 ✭✭✭Badly Drunk Boy

Hazelnuts. Every time I put my hand into a tub of chocolates, there seems to be nowt but hazelnut in caramel or hazelnut in chocolate. Even in Celebrations and Heroes, a stray hazelnut seems to have infiltrated!

I don't even dislike the taste of them, but they ruin the random plunge into chocolate. And the bits left in yer mouth are annoying...

• Registered Users Posts: 11,283 ✭✭✭✭castletownman

Phone finally went to its eternal reward yesterday, but because the LED screen was entirely unreadable, I couldn't use one of those smart switch apps to transfer everything across to my temporary replacement.

Which means I have had to individually download each app, with the rigmarole of re-syncing everything and trying to remember all the passwords.

Tech is a pain in the ass.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,299 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

Tried returning a Christmas cake to a family ran bakery that’s completely burned inside… (the cake not the bakery) the girl on the desk in the bakery is genuinely friendly, polite, professional and apologetic but tells us she can not offer refunds….the manager or owner only can. The manager is on a day off and the owner has returned home for lunch….

She sees the predicament when we explain that we are not exactly local and it’s a 8 kilometre round trip approximately ….and so kindly phones the owner and enquiries if she can refund us who says “ look they’ll just have to come back after 3 “….

so the expectation is….. us spending 24 kilometres worth of petrol, over 3 return trips… to try and just obtain a cake (60 euros worth) and then money returned to us, the cake had been cut open and it was clearly burned as the staff member agreed with….No decision is to be made, it’s burned… but again… ‘business manglers’ expecting that when they abjectly fail to provide an even close to satisfactory product, service or outcome to clients, instead expect the client to jump through hoops, lose money, just to obtain back what they are owed. Clowns.

the mangler eventually relented when we wernt going to be fobbed off.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,568 ✭✭✭Badly Drunk Boy

I'm about to say farewell to my first smartphone so I've to do that transfer thing soon, although my phone is intact. I hate that sort of thing, though. At least doing them individually, you can be choosy about what you download. (You probably can the other way too, I presume? Untick what you don't want, maybe.)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,180 ✭✭✭✭whisky_galore

Shooters, leaving their spent cartridges after them.

Don't mind if they are shooting to eat whatever it is, but those bits of plastic will be around for decades. Saw them all over woods and even the sea washing them up. Is it beneath them to take the damn things away??

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement