Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NRS12805 National Grade IV 2022

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13 blonde123

@Mr lebowski@DEW138 well done congratulations. You must be thrilled.

What county are you in?

• Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭meath12

@Wilkesjr check your junk/ spam folder. I only scored 44 and got an email today inviting me to interview, it was in my junk folder

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Banana18

Got an email about an interview today too. Not until 23rd January so hopefully that gives me plenty of time to study for it🤞

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Wilkesjr

Yeah I checked, and triple checked 😏 maybe it was sent in error. Hopefully not though. @meath12 congrats on the interview and good luck 🤞🤞

• Registered Users Posts: 10 Leryan123

Hi, I got a text yesterday saying check for an email that required action and had a deadline. But I got no email 😕

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭Iggy1986

For which region? I scored 45 but received no email at all. Got a text on the 29th to say I’ve an important email but there was nothing in my junk either

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭maggie magoo

it was basically saying the NRS12805 will take precedence over the new campaign -

• Registered Users Posts: 34 Roscoe P Coltrane

I got the text and no email on thursday. I contacted them today and they re-sent an offer for interview. It needed to be accepted by tomorrow, so if you got the text, get in touch with them!

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Wilkesjr

@Roscoe P Coltrane I did just that (contacted them) but they have resent an email just stating the apptitude test results.

I contacted them by email too as I received the text about an important email, but got no email (not even in spam/junk) no word back.

Worried I will miss an invitation to an interview.

• Advertisement

I contacted them via the helpdesk, took about 2 hours for the response. https://hsehelpdesk.zendesk.com/hc/en-ie/requests/new

hope this helps

Thank you!

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Caro2756

Hi, I had to retake aptitude tests as my camera was off in my laptop and they couldn't check it was me ! I redid the tests on 20th Dec. Haven't had results back yet, just wondering did anyone else redo the tests ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 186 ✭✭Caoimhe2

Well done can I ask what county the interview is for. They are moving fast

• Registered Users Posts: 156 ✭✭mtb_sends

Anyone know if HSE has flexi time and flexi leave systems in place and, if so, what grades it would apply to?

• Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭Iggy1986

Ya there’s flexi time at all grades in the HSE

• Registered Users Posts: 395 ✭✭barneyrub

• Registered Users Posts: 40 rob1113

Has anyone received any more info re the interview ? And what competencies will be used ?

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭DEW138

I havent received anything else. So weird. Not lookjng forward to it at all

• Registered Users Posts: 2 comrade_cal

I received an invitation to interview (chosen county was Mayo) before Christmas. I was a tad surprised given my psychometric score was 55. As part of the invitation to interview I was issued a briefing document and was also supposed to be issued my application form, which I haven't received to date. I also had to get on to the helpdesk to confirm that they received my confirmation of attendance, although they were quick to get back.

Competencies are the usual for Grade IV but with the board will focus on Commitment to a Quality Service, Planning and Managing Resources, Evaluating Information, Problem Solving and Decision Making and Professional Knowledge and Experience. Your standard 30 min over MSTeams. That said, I found the briefing document to be one of the better ones I've seen from a public body.

I would also say this whole thing feels a little ad hoc. I'm also baffled about the supplementary campaign. I work in recruitment in a local authority; the idea that you would advertise and invite applications for a supplementary competition before you have a panel(s) for your original is really odd. I can only speculate that the uptake was poor overall (or maybe in certain areas), but even so that won't improve by running a concurrent competition, even if the original takes precedent. One will simply cannibalize the other.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14 mackers10

Hi all

Has anyone completed the interview for this role yet?

Any info/advice on the type of questions they’re asking?

Or how much knowledge of the HSE they expect a new entrant to have?

Thanks in advance!

• Registered Users Posts: 1 terri88

I only scored 33 in aplitude test. This has really gotten me down. Is there website or anything i cud go on to improve.

I have a great education did a degree and masters and usually don't fail at aplitute tests☹️🙈

I really cud do with getting interviews🙈

I had my interview this morning and found it much better than the grade 3 interview. Panel explained the process very well and put me at ease. They asked the competency questions as they were written in the brief and asked probing questions about previous roles and how they help in current role with hse. As with the grade 3, they placed emphasis on data protection, how to handle complaints or difficult service users and how you deal with conflict with colleagues. Make sure you have examples planned out to answer questions; mention buzzwords like gdpr, p.a.s.s. system, core values of hse. Have an idea what slaintecare is. I was not asked any questions about hse structure, but that may be because i already work there and brought it in to some of the answers. Best of luck to all

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭DEW138

What is pass system?? I work in HSE, never heard of this. Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Sgoody

Were there any sticky questions ? I have mine this week and dreading it as I don’t know about HIQA, anything I should research ?

• Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭meath12

Also looking for tips for the interview, what exactly do they ask in regards to the HSE?

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭cars14

Has anyone got their Interview Result? When are we getting our Interview Results?

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Banana18

I was told it would be early to mid February before results would be sent out

• Registered Users Posts: 5 kilkengal

So I only realised through this thread that I applied for the Grade IV supplementary panel and not the actual panel that came first. Can anyone explain to me what a supplementary panel is? Aptitude tests are next week.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3 Shar00

Hi, the initial campaign perhaps failed to attract enough applicants so a second supplementary panel campaign was created. Successful applicants from the initial campaign will be tested/interviewed first and will have precedence over the supplementary panel that you’ve applied for. Hope this answers your question. Good luck, the initial aptitude test was a bit tricky.

Advertisement