If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Denon 2700 issue

• 14-11-2022 6:04pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,481 ✭✭✭

Hi lads,

I travelled up to your store in Belfast in August and bought myself a home cinema system, which included the Denon 2700. However, I am having a very strange bluetooth issue with it.

When I first set up the amp, I connected my iPhone to it but didn't actually use it that night. A couple of weeks ago I tried to play music via bluetooth from my phone, and everything was perfect for approximately 2 minutes. Then all of sudden there was a of bit of crackling, and interference. This got worse and worse until the music just stopped playing. I tried a couple of times and the same thing kept happening. This was happening with music from Spotify and music also saved on my phone.

I had a bit of time today, so I tried it again. Before playing any music, I disconnected the phone from the amp, and then repaired the two devices, but the same thing is happening. The phone is only 2 metres away from the amp. Do you have any ideas? Does this sound like a faulty unit?

Thanks

Post edited by DelBoy Trotter on

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 17,310 ✭✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Kenny

Hi DelBoy Trotter.

Sorry to hear you are having some issues with your 2700.

Few little questions.

Have you tried a factory reset on the amp to see if this helps?

Also have you tried any other Bluetooth devices with the amp in case the issue is your phone?

If this still makes no difference then I would need you to return the amp to us so we can test it and if required have it sent for repair.

This is not something i have came up against before as the 2700 are pretty bomb proof and give very very little trouble.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,481 ✭✭✭DelBoy Trotter

Hi Kenny,

My phone has never had this issue with other bluetooth connections which it uses daily. But to rule it out, I will connect my girlfriends phone tonight and see if the issue is still present. I will keep you posted.

I haven't tried a factory reset yet. I will need to rerun Audyssey next week as there is new furniture and a rug arriving within the week. If the error still persists after trying another phone, I will do a factory reset next week and go from there

No problem DelBoy Trotter.

Keep me posted.

Hi Kenny,

I tried to play Bluetooth audio via a different phone last night and unfortunately had the same issues. I will try a factory reset over the weekend and let you know

• Company Representative Posts: 4,476 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: DavidS

No problem DelBoyTrotter, keep me posted!

Kind regards

David

• Advertisement

Hi Kenny, David. Hope you and the RS team are having a nice Christmas.

I had a bit of time last week so managed to factory reset the unit and unfortunately the issue is still present. What are my options here? I’d ideally like to avoid being without the unit for an extended period of time.

On a different topic, do you happen to have this record in stock? https://www.richersounds.ie/p-14736-moby-everything-is-wrong-12-lp-12-vinyl-lp.aspx?swapstore=1

Hi DelBoyTrotter,

Thanks for the post and I'm sorry to hear you're still having issues with the amplifier!

If you can send it up to the store in it's original packaging and include your details we can get it tested in store and sent off for repair? Unfortunately I can't give an ETA for the repair as it usually takes around 3-4 weeks but this can be delayed due to reduced staffing over Christmas and New Year.

Let me know what you think!

Kind regards

David

Hi David,

I’m currently away for a few days so it’ll be next week before I am available to send it.

Do I have to foot the bill for a courier to return the faulty item?

An ETA of 3-4 is very disappointing to be honest.

Hi DelBoyTrotter,

You would need to return it to the store but we can ship it back to you free of charge.

3-4 weeks is our normal turnaround time I'm afraid as we don't offer an in house repair service, it needs to be sent to Denons service engineers.

Let me know if you have any further queries.

Kind regards

David

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 336 ✭✭Tech_Head

For Bluetooth, is there potential that devices around it could be impacting the connection? Bluetooth can be finicky if it has to transmit through electronics (ie amp behind TV) or has another wireless device close by (ie a games console). I’ve had to reposition devices due to this.

• Advertisement

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,124 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

Furthermore, probably a silly suggestion, but are the wifi antennae connected, as these double up as Bluetooth aerials too! In the offchance you're connected via ethernet and didn't bother with the aerials.

I found that out the hard way with BT built into a new PC, where I had the same issues with signal on headphones!

Just throwing in this consideration before the unit is returned.

Cheers for the input Byte :)

I have the unit connected over WiFi and have both antennas connected.

You might be onto something here Tech_Head. The amp isn’t behind anything, it’s about half a metre below my tv. I got home yesterday from being away, I only had 10 minutes to spare last night, but I tried using Bluetooth again. The only difference is that I had my modem switched off, which is about a metre and a half away, and I didn’t seem to have any issues. It’s definitely not a comprehensive test yet, but I never thought the modem would have this effect on the Bluetooth connection to the amp

Hey DelBoy Trotter.

It's not something I would have though of either, so it was a good call by Tech_Head.

Run a few more checks and keep me posted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 336 ✭✭Tech_Head

Thanks for the update - trying to save you the hassle of sending the receiver back and forth as the engineers may not be able to reproduce.

Keep is updated on how the rest of testing goes.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.