Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

online dating

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,237 ✭✭✭hawley

Just downloaded Loverz and am talking to a few people on it. Lots of chatting but no dates yet unfortunately.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

Jesus, that seems like an awful lot and I'd actually say the problem is her rather than 70 different men. She must be good looking as I was on dating sites a fair few years ago and never got 70 matches. It could be different now as there is more apps(which weren't a thing when I was on them) plus there are more users too so there are more chances of meeting people.

But back to miss 70 matches what is she looking for prince charming or some saudi prince who is loaded.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,317 ✭✭✭gameoverdude

It's not kinda a lot! It is a lot.

I'd be broke and exhausted.

Some people just have an unwarranted high opinion of themselves.

That's just a few from a list of 15! But we'd moved on to texting at that point and I didn't mind it because he's just very direct and knew what he was looking for longterm. It wasn't that he sent it like 3 messages in to the convo. I also did take the piss out of him for doing it!

I'm quite intriuged myself as to why I was so chill about it, I think it just showed me he was serious about wanting something longterm and not messing about.

I'm not going to search for it but I read it last night on here. Someone said they would not meet up with someone too quickly isn't that the whole point of online dating? You don't want to be messaging all the time. I once broke up with a girl as she was texting me all the time(and expecting me to do the same back) Don't get me wrong I do text people but this was all the time in the evening drove me insane in the end and just ended it.( it wasn't a couple of days it was over a couple of weeks).

Another thing I always never done and broke my rule one time for a girl was sending shít before bed. Like love you and all that bullshít. I have no idea why I decided to do it for her but it got to me in the end and I stopped and she got upset so I ended it. Fúcking weirdo's.

• Advertisement

It was me. It's not the whole point for me. I like to get to know someone first to see if there's any point in meeting them. That's just what's always worked for me and it's meant I've rarely gone on a date that hasn't turned into something more. Not texting loads, but just getting to know each other a bit more.

ehhh I wouldn't be sending love you's before I've met someone (and in a relationship!) though, that's a bit WTF?!

Relax at the start.

Enjoy stuff. Shouldn't be so intense.

ehhh I wouldn't be sending love you's before I've met someone (and in a relationship!) though, that's a bit WTF?!

Those two different girls I broke up with. I was in relationships with. But I hate all the corny crap.

I did enjoy it though, that's what I'm saying, it wasn't a bad thing - it led to a pretty cool conversation! Surprisingly.

Ah ok, that's different. That's a shame though, I guess it's just two different kinds of love languages of whatever they call it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,793 ✭✭✭FunLover18

I completely understand why someone (especially a woman) would want to get to know someone a bit more before just meeting. Also I think it depends on vibes, like with my story yesterday me that woman just weren't vibing and I didn't particularly want to ask her out.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,274 ✭✭✭pgj2015

last 2 women I stopped talking to on pof, 1 wouldn't answer certain questions and just seemed weird, the other wanted me to drive 4 hours to see her. 😂 maybe thats why people say " willing to lie about how we met" the sites are full of weirdos in my opinion.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,274 ✭✭✭pgj2015

just simple easy questions, like why are you on pof? she didn't say in her profile. seemed really bad with her money as well, I went out with someone like that before and they wrecked my head how bad they were with their money.

second one didnt drive so thought id drive 4 hours to see her, not like she was going to make any effort and I only started chatting her that day.

Post edited by Boards.ie: Mike on

If you are on there looking for something long term and the person is bad with money, run a mile as you do not want to live with someone like that. It will lead to much hardship into the future.

• I matched with someone 4000 miles away, we never met but are pen friends 🤣

• I gave extensive profile details, my many interests, travels, right down to fact I have an ileostomy stoma. But some only see a pair of boobs, and then ask what I like doing etc 😂

I'm getting ads on how to get a six pack.

Easy. Go to the offy.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,793 ✭✭✭FunLover18

I have on my profile that I don't want children but Hinge keeps offering me people who do as "most compatible", seems like a massive problem with whatever algorithm they're using.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,237 ✭✭✭hawley

Am talking with five girls on the Loverz:Girlfriend app on Google Play. Only joined it yesterday.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,856 ✭✭✭YellowLead

I heard an advert for a site called go dating.ie on newstalk this morning - not going to set up a profile because I’ve been seeing somebody for a month and it might go somewhere so I’m not looking right now.

But anyone use it? Doesn’t look the best but no knowledge of it

https://www.godating.ie/s/

• Advertisement

• That particular filter is obviously not activated on their database.

• A person who fails to manage money has inner chaos in all departments of their mentality at best, maybe also a sense of entitlement /narcissism. A relative of mine married a girl like that, she refused to work and spent all the money, wouldn’t help with looking after the babies. When he suggested curbing trips to Brown Thomas as the mortgage needed paying, she brandished a knife. He had to get out of that marriage.

• I have one of those prevalent bugs, a chest infection since 31st Dec, my date on 1st Jan wasn’t to be put off. Got worse since, touch wood I haven’t given it to him thus far.

I met someone on OkCupid about 10 years ago and spoke online for 2 years, did this "long distance relationship" thing for a year, didn't date other people and videos calls daily etc., ,met his fam on Skype all that. He was planning to move here with work. Then I flew over to meet him - to a small town on the far side of the US. Literally like 18 hours of travel.

When I got there, we got on well. But he was more into me moving there which I wasn't, and it just didn't work out. But I'd do it again - was definitely an adventure! Also he's since voted for Trump so I'm lucky I got out of that one.😂

People might say it's nuts, but hey - once you're safe about it then why the hell not.

Post edited by Boards.ie: Paul on

• Registered Users Posts: 1,524 ✭✭✭finisklin

I have been lurking on here the last few days. I'm a single dad thinking about dipping my toe in online dating in 2023. Fascinating insights into something I know little about. It looks like perserverance is the key and rejection goes with the territory.

Hopefully I get to post about my exploits at some point :-)

I think paid apps might weed out the messers though.

Mentioned yesterday (I think) that I've a date tomorrow. Night booked in Athlone. On delivered since last night now 🤷‍♂️

Have had women flake out on me before. Not a lot, but enough for it to be a constant thought in the back of my head.

If there's no word soon enough, will just remove her from the contacts and use tomorrow as a well needed piss up 😁

Yeah we chat now and then, I was 26. I met up with him a few years after that when I was over that way for work. The trump thing definitely threw me though, didn't expect that.

I was talking to a Russian girl years ago and we were talking for a few hours and she asked me to come over to Russia. I said I was never in Russia in my life and don't know anybody and she said you know me. I was like to myself, know you, I was only talking to you for a short while. She was good looking too but I suppose what could have been.

There used to be sites where it was paid for male and the females were free. So the men had to pay to talk to someone while the women didn't. And even if the woman sent you a message you had to pay just to reply. That's why back then POF was the best as it was free and no limit to messages too back then. This was before all the apps like Tinder etc..

Another time I joined one of those sex sites. So everyone there was all in the same mind set. I was in college back then as a mature student(2009) and there was a young girl on there in Galway(where I was) so we met up and had a great time. Back then I had her number saved so anyway about two years later I sent her a text message asking how she got on with the hair dressing as she was training to be a hairdresser when we met up. She was like who's this and I told her but she wasn't too interested and I never contacted her again.

• Advertisement

That's terrible. I hate when they change their mood. I once drove to Ballina to meet someone(I live in Mayo) and it a good 40 minute drive for me. Got there sent her a message I'm here now. And she replied Mammy's gone into hospital. I was like to myself, what the fúck she could have told me. Never contacted her again. Bitch.

Advertisement