Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Things dat Trivyully Annoy You (part whatever) *MOD WARNING IN OP* NEW

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,954 ✭✭✭SuperBowserWorld

Leaving a half baked comment on some random thread on boards and then having to defend it. Life is too short.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,954 ✭✭✭SuperBowserWorld

Also ...

Posting on the wrong thread.

Post edited by SuperBowserWorld on

• Registered Users Posts: 6,239 ✭✭✭Jequ0n

Seriously, the double standards on this site.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 60,111 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Something advertised as 20:00 start is really 21:00 feel like a fool waiting. Scheduling my ass.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,430 ✭✭✭✭Tauriel

Nowtv app crashing just as the players walk on for the World Championship final 🤬

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25,299 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

Football substitutes..

how many times does it happen now, a player goes down injured, gets treated, but isn’t fit to continue, yet…

the sub is not ready to come on because…

1) isn’t wearing his shin guards

2) isn’t wearing his match jersey

3) IS wearing a gold chain which he shouldn’t be, so needs to go look for someone around him willing to mind it..

basically has on him what he shouldn’t, and is not wearing what he should…

getting dressed / ready shouldn’t be a challenge to an adult in good health, in a professional environment.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 38,549 CMod ✭✭✭✭ancapailldorcha

F*cking arseholes and their f*cking music. There's a lad I live with who keeps blasting sh*t out on his surround system for a year now. Another lad, one I usually get on well with starts the same crap and tells me to f*ck off for asking him to turn it down at 2am.

It's not like you can't get good headphones now. FFS.

We sat again for an hour and a half discussing maps and figures and always getting back to that most damnable creation of the perverted ingenuity of man - the County of Tyrone.

H. H. Asquith

• Registered Users Posts: 13,657 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

When you can hear your blinks.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,239 ✭✭✭Jequ0n

Over sensitive flood lights. There really is no need to light up the whole **** street just because I walk past your house on the possible side of the road.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 60,111 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Having a bunch of realistic dreams and having to spend an age figuring out if any of it happened

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,181 ✭✭✭✭whisky_galore

That 'RA song controversy and the Wolfe Tones milking it for all its worth.

If the shoe was on the other foot: 'Loyalist folk band well known for playing Loyalist songs explains lyrics are only an oblique reference to Loyalist paramilitary terror gang. Also Loyalist terror gangs weren't all that bad'.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,503 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

The way certain Z Listers always seem to have some random story about them in the irish media, the Indo seems to be one of the main culprits here.

It was usually likes of Vogue, but I see Joanne McNally is the latest 'star' who seems to have got a new agent or something, as she's appearing more often now.

Yesterday it was a story about how she had some allergic reaction over Xmas. Today's story, her boyfriend crashed her car into a cafe.

A particular supermarket own brand of ‘fresh’ fusilli pasta…. You could leave it cooking for an hour and it would be still ‘al dente’…I like my pasta …’molto cotta’..so it be very much on the soft side, nicer to eat and it absorbs the sauce better and is therefore more flavourful… but this stuff that a particular high street supermarket sells…. Ughhhh, nothing fresh tasting about it at all… I hate flavourless, hard and chewy pasta… aghhh… might be back to Fallon & Byrne for the expensive stuff…

Two in a row… 🫣

I like scanning through social media before sleep, Instagram in particular…. The amount of sponsored posts though, been covered already but one keeps coming up…. A hippyish lady, singer songwriter called Eliza Rush, no voice, brutal song and musicians with actual bum notes a plenty (despite it being a promo done live) ….whom all look like they’ve just called around to her living room after getting a tardis straight from 1969…the song is a complete ear worm but absolutely rubbish, but it appears several times during Insta time…daily… very trivial but jeeeeZzzzzz. Feck off.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,762 ✭✭✭✭dubstarr

Dhar Mann, my kids are obsessed but Jesus it does my head in.

And the worst part is,you can't help but watch it when it's on.

I'm annoying myself thinking about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,413 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

Cant get my sleep schedule back to normal after two weeks of leave. Still going to bed at 1 or 2 in the morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,181 ✭✭✭✭whisky_galore

Usually I see stories of McGregor splashing out the money treating his own family and buying presents for them.

Big whoop.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,733 ✭✭✭✭EmmetSpiceland

Has he cut off his dad? Heard something about that awhile ago, he didn’t like what he was getting up to.

“It is not blood that makes you Irish but a willingness to be part of the Irish nation” - Thomas Davis

• Registered Users Posts: 1,393 ✭✭✭nigeldaniel

yee gods, but for two weeks now i have been logging on with my phone here and getting never-ending ads about Chinese women looking for loov, first its Russian ones now Chinese. Like I never see Canadian, French, or Spanish women, but always from over there... maaacchhh. next up I half expect someone from North Korea.

Dan.

• Registered Users Posts: 911 ✭✭✭Dramatik

People who take things too literally.

For example, you leave your desk to go to the toilet so you place a post-it note saying

" Back in a minute "

When you come back there is someone standing there telling you

" I've been waiting here for 3 minutes, the post-it said that you would be back in a minute..."

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,776 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

Tell them, "I'm sorry, I didn't expect the traffic to be so awful".

Idiots.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,325 ✭✭✭SAMTALK

Had a dose for over 2 weeks that just cleared up last week and now have a sore throat !

Sick of being sick

• Registered Users Posts: 30,491 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

When your washing tour hands and you wet your the cuff of your sleeve!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,295 ✭✭✭✭castletownman

Walking the dog earlier on one of our two regular routes. I tend to encounter the same dog owners most days. One fella has a dog similar to mine that is very well trained but another narky little fooker that snaps and goes for every strange dog it meets. He was off his lead and lunged at my one, giving it a fright and driving it demented. That's grand I thought, if we meet on the loop around again, it'll surely be restrained this time.

Coming around the bend on my second lap and the same dog was crouched low ready to pounce. Owner still didn't think it necessary to have it on a lead. Roared at him that he should have that dog on a lead (he had the leash in his hand like) and although I didn't hear exactly what he said back as I had my headphones in, I responded "well put it on the lead then" and I have been pissed off at his behaviour ever since.

I will kick the little fooker over the tree-tops the next time it lunges at my dog.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 22,372 CMod ✭✭✭✭Pawwed Rig

LinkedIn's numerous attempts to give me a free trial.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,739 ✭✭✭It wasnt me123

My TA? I had to google Dhar Mann to find out who you were TA’d at :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 13,941 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

I can understand that. I fell backwards and arseways and pulled ligaments/ tendons in the back of my knee. 3 weeks later and it’s still hurting. TA it’s my ‘good’ leg .

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 22,372 CMod ✭✭✭✭Pawwed Rig

TA that I don't know who or what Dhar Mann is but I am too lazy to google

• Registered Users Posts: 13,941 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

• Advertisement

YouTubers full stop… I’d say people are actually putting ‘YouTuber’ on CV’s and LinkedIn now…

a lad I saw a while back on YouTube, lots of professionally taken and edited photos etc…a fitness guru..

‘7 day transformation in workout’.. is one vid..

ok, is he a trained, qualified and accredited …

Physiotherapist ? Nope

gym instructor ? Nope

professional athlete ? Nope

not according to his bio, which is otherwise detailed, so….

if you are taking advice on something as important as health and fitness… ok the guy doesn’t have to be at the top end of said industry but some clue to people as to what background your ‘expertise comes from’…if you are pushing yourself, pushing advise… then again, he himself is also, personally pushing adds for a particular protein powder which endorses him and who he is endorsing…

have to be mindful with these YouTubers ( I fûckin hate that term ) lots of them are just trying to push themselves in order to get $$$$$$$$$

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement