Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Harry and Meghan - OP updated with Threadbanned Users 4/5/21

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,955 ✭✭✭.Donegal.

Oh look it’s the foreign royals number one fanboy who wanted an independent nation to have a day of national mourning for the foreign queen back crying again because some home truths were pointed out. No doubt you’ll be out waving your little Union Jack the next time they’re in town, hoping their glance meets your peasant eyes if only for a second.

And of course the poster you’re defending has no issues with the nazis and what they did in Kenya. They made light of it and it was full of whataboutery.

So what have I been educated on exactly? That the royals no matter how disgusting of crimes that were carried out in their name around their empire during HER reign can’t be apologised for no matter what? And you’re defending that LOL. Their own head in Kenya called them nazis but one can’t apologise for that as it’s not the done thing and it’s beneath them. One has to keep warcrime standards LOL. Holy mother of **** the most pathetic ridiculous defence I have ever heard. Being a cult worshipper will do that do you.

If rape, murder, torture, concentration camps were carried out in your name during your reign would you apologise? Doubt it very much, as you’re defending it. You haven’t answered that question several times now, also speaks volumes. Ah well it’s no wonder you’re the ultimate fanboy

• Registered Users Posts: 55,694 ✭✭✭✭walshb

You’re blazing mad!!😅

a lie on would be nice all the same

• Registered Users Posts: 17,045 ✭✭✭✭Leg End Reject

Absolute tiring scutter whingeing. Weird weird man

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,038 ✭✭✭Deeec

Harry knows how to keep the publicity wheel turning. Keeping himself in the news means he generates more and more money. If he really wants to reconcile with his father and brother he needs to learn to shut up and stop his whinging about them! He wont stop his whinging though - its a fulltime job for him now.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,404 ✭✭✭prunudo

Here's a novel idea, if you want a reconciliation, pick up the phone and talk to them, stop running to the media every two minutes and throwing sly digs while trying to portray yourself as the victim.

Buuuuuut his father cut him off financially when he left to achieve financial independence and his brother shouted at him! 🤣🤣🤣

• Registered Users Posts: 5,478 ✭✭✭valoren

A day or so after the Oprah interview you had Gayle King on CBS saying that Harry had talked to his brother and his father on the phone but that the talks were unproductive. Is that not an attempt at reconciling or at least making contact?

Does it really need spelling out to him that if such a conversation is talked about in the media so quickly that his brother and father might be more than a little reticent about talking any further thus stunting and delaying any progress of reconciliation? Definitely not the sharpest tool in the box if he can't suss that.

Post edited by valoren on

• Registered Users Posts: 16,749 ✭✭✭✭banie01

When I think of some of the run ins I've had with my siblings...

Well, being shouted at is just like a normal Tuesday.

• Advertisement

Exactly, I don't think there's one member of my family that hasn't shouted at me at some stage. I was also expected to get up off my arse and make my own way in life too.

Wait ... does anyone has Oprah's number? 🙃

• Registered Users Posts: 40,138 ✭✭✭✭Boggles

Every single time I've tried to do it privately, there have been briefings and leakings and planting of stories against me and my wife.

He has tried.

But again, we are not dealing with a "family" here it's a creepy bizarre cult.

He doesn’t want to suss anything. He knows damn well what he’s doing, but the problem is that most ordinary folk see it for what it is: weird public and deliberate whingeing about his family.

Like someone said above: it’s his job, his gig now. I honestly think that he’s stuck now with nowhere to go other than to try drag this pathetic crusade of his out.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,549 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

Harry reminds me of the relative who posts all the families issues on Facebook and then expects everything to be fixed.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,178 ✭✭✭Be right back

What planet is he on? He has done nothing but criticise his family for the last couple of years but hopes to reconcile with them. And his book hasn't even come out yet. Snowball chance of any reunion happening...

Someone was ghosted by family and is now happily accepting money from the media so that they can make a public plea for reconciliation.

Just like his father in law.

• Registered Users Posts: 978 ✭✭✭Palmach

The monarch is constitutionally barred from issuing such an apology unless the government authorises it. That was my point which you missed ...................spectacularly.

He says he wants a family not an institution. He has a family. A wife and two kids. He has the freedom he says he wanted. I don't think he wants a reconciliation since he seems to be engaging in coercion. He wants his family to give him the apology he has asked for. He needs that to give credibility to what he has put out into the public domain and give him some vindication for what he chose to do. The thing is that his family have responded. With silence. He is akin to a man who having married a staunch monogamist decided after two years of marriage that he wanted a polyamorous marriage instead. He wanted his partner to be accepting of this but his partner was having none of it and decided to separate. Now three years later, after intermittently and very publicly bashed his ex, he is saying his partner didn't work hard enough to keep him, didn't do enough to make it work.

I see the attack articles are been ramped up, Williams press office must have been recalled early from the holidays.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,022 ✭✭✭JoChervil

Look, this thread is about H&M. How all these you are writing about is revenant to them? All these atrocities happened BEFORE Meghan entered this family. She had no problem joining and accepting it all. When leaving this family H&M never said a word about condemning it for all that. They haven't rejected their titles in a protest. They even complained for not getting more money from them. According to you bloody money. And also they never apologised for it as well.

They were allowed to step down because they weren't happy. They were allowed the time to determine what they wanted to do. They were allowed to do media deals. They were allowed to speak openly and freely on podcasts, interviews, magazine articles, PR press, books and a docuseries with no response beyond a "recollections may vary" reply which is almost two years old now. Yet they are being cast as the villains? BS. Can anyone explain to me how it was the royal family or the press office who forced them to do any of the above? How is it the case that deciding of their own accord to do those things but coming across as petulant whining and entitled arseholes is it the responsibility of the royal family/press office? e.g. My father cut me, a man approaching middle age, off financially and I now have to live off my multi-millions and do multi million dollar deals with media companies. Is his brother and his press office the ones who made him say something so spectacularly crass and deluded? There is very much a sense of him being incapable of entertaining the thought that perhaps he might be partly to blame for him being "cast as a villain". It is that lack of mea culpa which makes them so odious and unconvincing.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 7,029 Mod ✭✭✭✭HildaOgdenx

Martin Luther King, Jr. 'A time comes when silence is betrayal.'

More plagiarism by Harry or more likely by Meghan.

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭livia21

It doesn't work like that with this lot..they have to write to their family members to request a phonecall or even to meet up.The more seniors sometimes refuse on advice from their advisors.a phonecall can sometimes take months.The king/queen's office arrange with the more juniors office a date ..all very coldheatred IMHO..But the tabloids will claim they are a loving ..doting family

• Administrators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,947 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Neyite

It's going to be interesting in the next few years. And a very rocky start to the reign of Charlie.

Barbados is looking into seeking slavery reparations from the descendants of the people that profited from slavery. The people who still hold assets that can be traced back to those years. There's a sitting Tory MP who inherited a sugar plantation and there's demands that it be given back to Barbados. Benedict Cumberbatch's family wealth also had it's origins in the slave trade. And I'm guessing many 'old' money family with substantial assets in the UK will also have murky links with slavery will likely be a tad uneasy in case the spotlight falls on them as well.

Add into that, India and other former colonies who were basically looted are asking for their valuables back. The coronation crown for the Queen Consort that's going to be put on Camilla's head in May has the Koh-i-noor diamond which came into the family during Queen Victoria's reign. The original ownership of that is thought to be India, but Pakistan and Afghanistan's (The Taliban) have have also lodged their ownership claim, as well as being historically linked to Iran and other countries. But when it came into ownership by the UK royals is clear - it was demanded among other assets as part of the Lahore treaty in 1850. And that's just one diamond. Think about the vast amount of other jewels, artefacts, statues, artwork, that are in museums and private collections...

Imagine the sheer scale of reparation should the former colonies succeed. The UK can't let this get off the ground, because if they do, it'll wipe out the upper class, and that includes most of the government anyway. The likes of Spain, Portugal, France and Belgium to name just a few more, will also have a vested interest in the matter too. And it's a tricky one. Can the UK say for example that it's right and proper for the assets of Jewish families be returned back to them after it was looted by the Nazis but something that was looted not even 100 years earlier by the UK government from a colony they invaded is rightfully theirs? I don't think they can so right now there are heads sticking into sand everywhere.

It stands to reason that of all the titled families that may have profited from looting the people and valuables of the countries they invaded, the royal one could well have been in the thick of it with them. And if there's any link to slavery, it's not going to go well for Charlie. Maybe the royals are delighted that the focus is on Harry and Meghan giving out because right now, it's a pretty decent distraction to throw to the public.

It was Harry that said it, but that's Meghans fault again. Too funny. 😂

Also Quoting someone famous in an interview is not plagiarism, I thought that would be obvious. 🤷‍♂️

He wants family back. Specifically the brother who is now a billionaire and the father who is going to literally be on the money from next year.

• Administrators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,947 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Neyite

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 727 ✭✭✭Carol25

This thread seems to have a lot of fixated posters posting hate about Meghan & Harry no matter what. Strange to be so defensive of the Royal Family that has a rather sordid history with this country?

While you’re putting the rest of the Royal Family up on a pedestal…You stated Meghan and Harry were - ‘allowed to step down’ while completely missing the point - they had to step down as they were being attacked daily by the press which it now has emerged has direct links to the palace. Instead of protection, the institution she was attached to was attacking through leaks and royal ‘correspondents’. Williams own affair and behaviour has been covered up, I see no boards thread in relation to it or his own poor behaviours & outbursts of rage. In spite of all this, I like William and Kate, also Meghan and Harry. It could have been so much better for all involved if she hadn’t been fed to the wolves that are the British press.

Advertisement