Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Repossessed House

Options
  • 04-01-2023 3:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9

Hi All

Just wondering if anyone would have any bright ideas on what we should do - our neighbour's house was repossessed this time last year.

The house has been empty ever since - it was cleared out and it looks like its ready for sale but nothing is happening at all in that regard.

In the meantime we need to contact whoever is the current keyholder as there is a flooding issue between their house and ours. I know its private information and its likely the bank who own it now but we really need to get the problem sorted and have no idea where to start.

Any ideas? Thanks in advance

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 68,756 ✭✭✭✭L1011

The bank would be the first point of contact, but finding someone willing to talk will be extremely hard - there is an EBS repo'ed house on my road that the council have had to go as far as to stick CPO documents to the front door of twice now to try kick something along with it.

You should be able to find the bank with the charge by buying the foilo from landdirect.ie for a few quid. However, if its not a registered folio it's a lot harder.

• Registered Users Posts: 9 Guest365

Thank you so much! I'll give landdirect.ie a go!

• Registered Users Posts: 436 ✭✭Girl Geraldine

If it is a repossessed house owned by the bank, then they are not going to be hands on at all about it. They won't want to know about any building issues. Is it a sort of problem that is easy to solve but you just need to access the property? If so, then if I were you I'd just go on ahead in there and do what you need to do to protect your place from leaking water.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,991 ✭✭✭spaceHopper

Is there a water meter on the street, I think a quarter turn will shut it down or ask Irish water to do it.

Maybe this will help

https://www.water.ie/help/supply/turn-off-water-supply/

• Registered Users Posts: 436 ✭✭Girl Geraldine

If it is a water pipe leak, then absolutely turn off the stockcock outside yourself. Nobody is going to give out to you for turning off the water. Who would and why would they? The bank? They couldn't give a bollox if the house collapsed. They've no interest in it.

Again, Irish Water will not want to know. In fact, if the leak is within the property boundary they will probably say that that is the owners problem and not theirs.

• Advertisement
Advertisement