Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Russia - threadbanned users in OP

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 979 ✭✭✭Mike3549

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,314 Mod ✭✭✭✭Manic Moran

• Registered Users Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

Can't argue with out resident tanker and historian...

It's a big gun thingy

• Registered Users Posts: 20,047 ✭✭✭✭cnocbui

January 4, 2023: THE Su-25 attack aircraft, the Ka-52 helicopter and the ORLAN-10 UAV were destroyed

I have recently been thinking the Orcs seem to have been keeping their planes well out of it of late. A couple of days ago, an alligator force landed in a field and they scuttled it, so that's as good as a shoot down, apart from the crew still breathing.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,047 ✭✭✭✭cnocbui

In Krasnodar, a local print shop received an order for 5,000 summonses.

Photos of the forms have been published by the Russian publicity sites. On them the year 2023 is specified and the draft is carried out on mobilization.

Apparently, the Russians are expecting a new wave of mobilisation. Just as the Ukrainian intelligence service warned

Looks like more fertiliser on order.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,905 ✭✭✭.Donegal.

I read an article recently but I can’t find it now. 5 military experts and what they expect to happen this year.

Roughly off the top of my head. 2 or so went with an Ukraine victory by the end of the spring. Other 2 by the end of the year. Other one still fighting next year.

2 of them had opposing figures on how many of the mobilised Russians are currently fighting. They indicated they have enough not featured yet to start another large scale attack but don’t see it amounting to anything. Overall the theme was the Ukrainians are better motivated and equipped than the Russians.

• Registered Users Posts: 45 Mar53

I'm not someone who got banned and re-registered. Why would you even think that? I have portrayed no characteristics of someone who is banned. The only thing I did was extremely briefly point out some successful attacks of one side of a war and how the attack from the other side may have been a response attack. And for that, a bunch of people started going crazy with inflammatory, vile, offensive, and plain sickening remarks, lol.

I had no idea this is an Irish site. I've been following the Ukrainian/Russian/American/NATO situation since 2014, when the illegal, violent US/CIA - backed coup took place in Ukraine and when Ukraine started to bomb and shell it's own Ukrainian & Russian citizens in Eastern Ukraine (especially the areas of Donetsk and Lugansk). During all those years, I've never come across this site. I have no idea how but a few days ago I first came across this site. I saw that this thread was huge (almost 3000 pages) so it's an extremely active thread and therefore I decided to register and post.

Also, the name of the thread is "Russia" and not "Support Ukraine / US or else you'll be attacked" or something similar.

Ya it's absolutely despicable. It seems there are lots of users here who are unfortunately only listening to one side of the story, Western mainstream CIA / corporate / military industrial complex media and seem to have absolutely no idea of what's really going on. In fact, the ignorance, and not to mention irony, is so insane, that it's Ukrainian supporters who are trying to call Russians Nazis, that one truly blows my mind. Last time I checked, Azov Battalion, Right Sector, Svoboda, Kraken, C14, etc. etc. are the ones who push Nazi ideology and have lots of literally Neo-Nazis in their ranks. Furthermore, there are even streets in Ukraine named after real Nazis. There are symbols on uniforms and flags that have direct connections to Nazi insignia, etc.

The ignorance, the irony, the double-speak, and the projection from a ton of users around here cannot be measured it's so high.

Regarding the attack a few days ago on the Russians. I don't believe Russia's number so far of 89 dead. I also don't believe the Ukrainian / Western number of 500 or 600. I believe it's around 200 with another 150 wounded. That's what a Russian soldier said who was there helping to remove the rubble. He said from what he saw, it looked like around 200 dead bodies and 150 wounded.

In response, it seems like Russia struck back and destroyed the HIMARS with return fire. Furthermore, via missile and air strikes, 4 more HIMARS, 4 RSZO RM-70 Vampire MLRS', over 800 rockets in storage facilities, 8 military cars, and over 200 Ukrainian soldiers & foreign mercenaries were taken out. Those #s are in addition to the deployment point of one of Ukraine's Foreign Legion units in Maslovka apparently being destroyed along with 130 of it's foreign mercenaries.

It looks like a situation similar to the Azovstal plant situation (spring, summer 2022) is starting to develop in Soledar as the Russians are in the process of pulling off a sort of pincer movement similar to what they're doing in Bakhmut. The Ukrainian 128th Brigade and 61st Brigade are said to have fled into the salt mines as they were forced to retreat with no where else to go as they were being attacked from almost every direction (mostly 3 main areas, from the north from Yakovlefka, from the Dekonskaya railway station which Russia captured, and from the south Bakhmutskoye region).

Bakhmut fighting is intense. Russia is trying to complete full encirclement. If it does, 10s of thousands of Ukrainian forces could be surrounded. According to some, it's around 50,000. If Ukraine looses the Kleshcheevka and Toretsk settlements/regions, it will be a humungous blow to them as loosing Toretsk could cause a very quick collapse of the southern front portion of their Bakhmut defenses and loosing Kleshcheevka would mean the cut-off logistics of the forces in west of the area and that could then lead to being fully encircled.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,610 ✭✭✭✭astrofool

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,144 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

How many HIMARS have Russia claimed to have destroyed at this stage? Must be in the dozens. The one on the second floor of a building was my personal fave.

And still going on about "foreign mercenaries"? The oul "we're fight NATO" spin, because the reality is not so palatable. As for losing ground; Russia takes a few areas, declares them part of Mother Russia before they've even fully taken them, and then promptly loses a large chunk of said areas. You couldn't make that level of incompetence up.

Yep Ukraine has nazi elements. Russia isn't exactly short on those either. Russia is an extremely right wing nation and culture and was before this silly war. I don't look to one "side" or other. Neither take much by way of examination. However I do look at results. Tens of thousands dead, Ukrainian and Russian, millions displaced, economies wrecked, infrastructure & lives destroyed. Never mind Russia looking like a joke. None of which would have happened if Russia hadn't invaded. This is a clear fact.

Oh but the Donbas? If Russia had just invaded and secured the "independent republics"(hard to type without laughing) to secure Russian separatists, they might have had a leg to stand on. But they didn't and don't. They tried to take the entre country and reduce it back to a puppet state, something Russia has a long history of. They regard neighbours as either enemies or puppets. And they failed miserably. Another aspect to look at is partisan actions behind the lines. We've seen a lot of that going on behind Russian lines, behind Ukrainian lines not so much. What does that tell of support for Mother Russia?

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,335 ✭✭✭Jinglejangle69

I’m open to views from both sides always.

So I’m willing to listen to your views if you start sticking up some links to your claims about HIMARS been destroyed etc and Ukrainians retreating to salt mines etc?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,548 ✭✭✭✭Mr. CooL ICE

the illegal, violent US/CIA - backed coup took place in Ukraine and when Ukraine started to bomb and shell it's own Ukrainian & Russian citizens in Eastern Ukraine

Sources for this please

• Registered Users Posts: 5,920 ✭✭✭Cordell

• Registered Users Posts: 1,982 ✭✭✭rogber

Would love to watch but seems it's inaccessible outside the UK as it's BBC. Anyone know if it's been posted on an internationally accessible platform?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,102 ✭✭✭pcardin

Best way to uncover ruSSian fascist supporter is to wind them up, and as we can see here, it worked. And your "Last time I checked..." line clearly displays the only sources you worship and trust - ruSSian propaganda. And yes, ruSSia is a nazi/fascist regime. Always was. Soviet Union regime was too, except when you are a victor nobody will punish you. This time ruSSia is a loser and will be punished. Anyway, you are not fooling anyone here. Every next post you scribble cements what ambro25 already pointed out. So do us a favor, mobilize yourself.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,484 ✭✭✭Fighting Tao

Your overlords declared that they destroyed 35 out of 20 HIMARS. So they couldn’t have destroyed what no longer existed. You’re so deep in Russian propaganda that you are drowning, but too clueless to realise it.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,920 ✭✭✭Cordell

One of the things that need constant reminding is that Russia have never been a democracy. They went from being a kingdom to a communist autocracy to the oligarchy of today. And all throughout their history freedom and people never really mattered, not their own and certainly not others. They cannot be trusted with anything they say or they do. They will never be a partner for the EU like the US is.

I bet he/she feels like a crusade on a holly mission who traveled over seven seas, lands, and mountains to register themselves on this "unknown, never seen before" Irish website that that they didn't know was Irish (.ie) to preach the holly truth about nazi Ukraine, 8 years Bambas dombili, bad Amurica, and so on, only to be amused and shocked how the pagans here are not opened to their messages. Shock shock, horror!

• Registered Users Posts: 797 ✭✭✭eoinbn

Care to put a figure on 'about'? They are still in a war and the outcome of it is far from certain.

Your red mist caused you to totally missed the point of my reply. I was replying to someone that was saying that Europe wasn't giving enough financially compared to the US. The whole picture needs to be looked at, not just the direct aid figures.

4th? That is fantasy figures. Ukraine isn't even in the top 10 of countries with PROVEN resources.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,739 ✭✭✭zv2

Yanukovych was a Russian agent so there was nothing illegal about getting rid of him. Russia started the war in East Ukraine so it's their fault.

“Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.” — Voltaire

Careful! For this post you might receive hundreds of 'thanks' from all the rouble sluts here as it is what they believe in. 🤣

• Registered Users Posts: 11,012 ✭✭✭✭Furze99

You seem to think that we are a bunch of uninformed gobshytes, probably living with pigs in our outhouses. If you are from the USA as you say, then you are sheltered from the immediate effects of this war. How many Ukrainian refugees are landing on your doorstep for example? Are your children finding it hard to get rented accommodation and paying rent increases as the squeeze comes on your housing market due to rapidly expanding immigration?

In normal times you'll find a bit of healthy scepticism here of US foreign policy but when it comes to the rights for democracy and war on your doorstep, there is little place for the sort of anti US, anti NATO crap you want to peddle. As Europeans, we have watched Russia over the last decade flexing it's muscle and subjugating it's neighbours. There came a point reached last February when enough was enough and Europe and the rest of the 'western world' has taken the pain and backed Ukraine in it's mighty efforts to put the oppressor back in it's box.

So we'll take our news from multiple sources than you very much and make up our own minds. No room for the likes of you.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

Captain sidorenko received her award from "Daddy" though she seems unsure what she's getting the award for..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,100 ✭✭✭Akabusi

You bring a smile to my face comrade. Why would we even think you are a re-reg - Then proceeds to peddle the exact same tripe. Like before, I love all the links you provide to back up your claims too. Keep fighting the good fight for your fascist brethren.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,884 ✭✭✭deirdremf

I've no opinion on Mar53, but a lot of people who do not show unconditional support for Ukraine on this thread have been attacked at a personal level, myself included. Frequently the personal attacks are quite vicious, such as post 74525 and another down below.

I'd guess that there are a lot more dubious posters fully supporting Ukraine than otherwise. While I hear plenty of people supporting Ukraine in normal life, I have never heard anything near the level of hatred for Russia expressed that I see here. There are some sick posters who joke about multiple deaths on the Russian side, even saying that the individual soldiers deserve it - when we all know that they are mostly young kids mobilised and probably too terrified to go against the power of their own state.

You would think they could use a different actor for every occasion in a country of 140 mil, but hey, this is what schizophrenia does, can't trust anyone. 😁

• Registered Users Posts: 16,610 ✭✭✭✭astrofool

They can usually be recognised when asked about what their plans for peace are and either spin off ranting about US/NATO and how poor russia were forced to attack or slink off, tail between their piggy legs.

What are your plans for achieving peace, incidentally?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,884 ✭✭✭deirdremf

He was certainly pro-Russian, as apparently around half the population of Ukraine were at the time; you know - all those people who voted for him in a democratic election.

By your logic though, Zelensky, being pro-western, must be a western agent, so a coup against him would be perfectly justified. Maybe even a war?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,853 ✭✭✭Rawr

He had several comments to reply to yesterday, and went to my argument why we'd probably think he was a re-reg. Then proceeds to ingore the 2 other possibilites I mentioned to get indignant about the very idea of being a re-reg. Gonna guess he's a re-reg.

FFS Orwell Road...you need to do better then this.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement