Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Restaurant recommendations

Options
  • 20-11-2022 9:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 22

Hi I am hoping you guys could help me - we are bringing a group of 40 15-18 year olds to Galway for a night during Christmas - we are looking for reasonably cheap restaurants for lunch and dinner for them - any suggestions please preferably within walking distance of city centre - thanks in advance

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 25,943 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

During Christmas - does that mean before the 25th or after?

If before, you may struggle to get a booking for so many: places with space will want groups who are buying drinks.

Since many are underage, you'll need to be gone by 9pm.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,388 ✭✭✭inisboffin

Milanos maybe?

• Registered Users Posts: 22 anniela

We are hoping to go on the 28th and 29th

• Registered Users Posts: 488 ✭✭rustyfrog

Supermacs

• Registered Users Posts: 635 ✭✭✭Space Dog

Maybe 56 Central (only open until 6pm) or Busker Brownes

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3 Connemara18

lot of nice restaurants in Galway but for a large group of teenagers, McDonagh's fish & chips, Milanos for pizza Supermacs do good pizza also, Skeffington Arms & McSwiggans both do lovely food and may have space, otherwise a conference room in a hotel and a buffet style meal, but maybe best to split into 2 groups to make it easier on restaurants

• Registered Users Posts: 397 ✭✭KurtBarlow

Is the brasserie nicer than mcswiggens?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,141 ✭✭✭✭ben.schlomo

Imo, no. Had a Xmas work meal in McSwiggans and it was surprisingly decent, as good if not better than any of the handful of times I ate in Brasserie years back.

Advertisement