Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Harry and Meghan - OP updated with Threadbanned Users 4/5/21

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 40,138 ✭✭✭✭Boggles

You labelled the alleged victim of domestic abuse "deluded" now you are calling me "deluded"?

Interesting.

So what is William if not a violent scumbag, if the allegations are true? Which lets me honest here would not get near publication if they weren't.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,346 ✭✭✭Jequ0n

I have had false allegations made against me before and I can tell you that this is less than trivial. While I was far from innocent the false allegations were severe and ultimately proven wrong. Worked out well for me because the person was deemed totally unreliable then.

So I guess I see this matter differently

• Registered Users Posts: 18,657 ✭✭✭✭Strazdas

Nobody can be sure of the ins and outs of a 'he says, she says' bust up between two male siblings in private, but there has been a fair bit of speculation that William has always been the more short tempered and volatile of the two (something he gets from his father perhaps?). Harry actually seems to be the more laidback and chilled out of the pair.

• Registered Users Posts: 632 ✭✭✭squidgainz

Seems to be a lot of speculation previously of Williams short temper.

Good for you, not really relevant though is it?

Given the high profile nature of the book and publishing house, the whole thing has been lawyered to the Nth degree.

But like I said the courts are open if the content is libellous.

• Advertisement

The 'get up and fight me' remark is classic serial abuser behaviour.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,478 ✭✭✭valoren

He has a deal for multiple books lest we forget. So he makes an allegation of getting assaulted by William. Say William retorts and engages Emily Maitlis and denies it all, gives a completely different version of events. It's still he said/she said. It being merely a court of public opinion. Now given that there's been a reaction, a response what is to stop Harry alleging in Book 2 (and in promo interviews) that he once saw his brother pin his wife against a wall and scream abuse at her? Spousal abuse! William does the Beeb interview again and denies it. Different version of events. Now a pattern emerges and the Palace decides to close ranks and decide to go back to never complain/explain and ignore an unrelenting Harry going forward. Book 3 makes claims that Harry saw William clatter Charlotte and shove George. Child abuse! There is no comment or response from the Palace or William. You'll have gullible types latching on to the non-response, and via confirmation bias, take the silence as it all being true. William being guilty instead of seeing this as someone with an obvious axe to grind. That's the reason why Harry is getting flak. He knows there will be no reply to this and is free to throw out allegations which will go unchallenged.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,478 ✭✭✭valoren

It does not follow that if someone has a short fuse or temper that they are also physically violent though. Not just speculation though. There was a video circulating a while back of William confronting a man videoing him while out on a walk with his kids. I think it was during the first lockdown. While on the phone to his RPO, he was angrily demanding to know who he was and why he was seemingly following them. So yes he has a short fuse. Even in that example he was irate at not getting a straight answer but despite being in papa bear mode he didn't lash out. I can totally see him being appalled at staff getting treated poorly and confronting his brother about it. I can totally see him getting irate at his brother giving him BS in response. Whether or not he assaulted his brother will likely never be verified though. The only thing to go on there is William getting asked on a radio show who would win in a fight between him and Harry. William said he'd win because he is bigger.

• Registered Users Posts: 267 ✭✭Dslatt

Did you get bullied by your brother or something?

I've a brother, he's a rotten liar and an utter scumbag, we've had arguments and shoved each other (as adults) over each others wives. Domestic violence my hole.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,022 ✭✭✭JoChervil

Yeah, especially reports about Harry's violent outrages at the staff, when Meghan didn't get what she wanted...

• Advertisement

• Registered Users Posts: 2,226 ✭✭✭MOR316

Probably should have confronted him over the Nazi outfit and racist remarks

• Registered Users Posts: 33,687 ✭✭✭✭Penn

The Nazi uniform thing, even if William & Kate laughed and said to go with it, Harry was the one who put it forward as one of the options. The responsibility for that and ultimately wearing it is his and his alone.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,226 ✭✭✭MOR316

• Registered Users Posts: 16,749 ✭✭✭✭banie01

I have 4 brothers (and 3 sisters) and apart from the youngest who's a grand total of 22yrs younger than me. All of us boys have been in physical altercations with each other over the years(More often than not ended by a thrown show from our Mam or a clatter from a sister). Now that said? even the least of those resulted in more drama than a broken necklace and a cracked doggie bowl. Not to excuse violence, but to lay clear that in any sibling relationship and in particularly brothers, no-one knows how to wind each other up more ;)

The whole excerpt from the book to date is a man-baby whine. The costume, wasn't his fault. My brother attacked me, the RAF flyboy attacked the Helmland combat veteran? Really! Thats supposed to spark a degree of sympathy or empathy?

His wife was suicidal and couldn't get appropriate help? Yet Harry boy has a therapist on speed dial?

Part of me thinks Harry should do a new version of "wifeswap" where he swaps his life with someone who actually has problems rather than notions.

So if your brother called to your home today ranting and raving about your partner and violently attacked you, that would just be a 'wind up' would it, just brotherly bantz? 😕

• Registered Users Posts: 55,694 ✭✭✭✭walshb

You paint quite the picture here. Based off Harry’s allegation you come up with ranting and raving and violently attacking..

why are you so intent of trying to make out every Harry accusation as so damning, serious and nasty?

remove RF here for a second! Two normal brothers. Is it still rantining and raving and violently attacking? Is it still an example of a violent scumbag?

Like I have explained to you half a dozen times, domestic violence is serious and nasty.

🤷

remove RF here for a second! Two normal brothers. Is it still rantining and raving and violently attacking? Is it still an example of a violent scumbag?

Yes obviously, what in the name of Jesus is confusing you?

Domestic Violence should never tolerated or minimised, people who engage in it are violent cowardly scumbags.

Again this isn't just my opinion.

Is it violently attacking and ranting and raving? Yes or no?

• Registered Users Posts: 727 ✭✭✭Carol25

Thank you for the detailed reply to a post I made previously. There are no angels in this and the truth is out there but not with either side. I'm not comfortable with the attacks the royal correspondents, British press and media have done on Meghan, no matter what they think of her. You seem staunchly team William. I don't think he's coming off well in all this either, and I certainly did see plenty of reports of his rumoured Rose Hanbury affair even throughout 2022 at various times.

• Advertisement

Where did I say anything about bantz? If my brother called to my house to demean my wife and lay hands on me?

It would have been dealt with there and then. This really isn't the gotcha answer you seem to think it is.

Why are you telling anecdotes about your brothers which have absolute no relevance to the claims made by Harry so? 😕

The claims you are now describing as ranting and raving William who then violently attacks Harry. William, a violent scumbag in your view based off what Harry has alleged. And to try cover yourself you cloak it as domestic violence, without any distinction or context or detail.

Because it's wholly relevant to the discussion. Noone knows how to trigger a reaction from someone better than a sibling that shared childhood with you. Further it's a situation that a majority of males with siblings have been in.

Why didn't Harry give his suicidal wife his therapist's phone number.

• Registered Users Posts: 267 ✭✭Dslatt

Show me on the doll where your big brother used to wedgie you

• Registered Users Posts: 8,277 ✭✭✭ceadaoin.

I still remember when the most vociferous defender of 'victims' on here spent post after post railing against Michael Jackson's accusers and labeling them all sorts of heinous names. 🤔

• Registered Users Posts: 6,346 ✭✭✭Jequ0n

It’s relevant because you keep downplaying the impact unverified accusations can have. And if you think about it that’s all they have ever delivered - not a shred of evidence to support their claims.

No it isn't. You rough housing with your brothers when ye were young and mother breaking it up have absolutely no relevance on this man in his 30s violently assaulting his brother.

Why didn't Harry give his suicidal wife his therapist's phone number.

How do you know he didn't?

You reckon Jackson’s victims are the same as what Harry alleges happened him here with William?

Edit...may have misinterpreted your post

• Advertisement

Where did I say it was rough housing as youngsters? The only mention of age is that my youngest brother, 22yrs younger is the only brother not involved in some kind of confrontation.

As for how do I know he didn't, if an accusation of being grabbed and pushed is enough for you to claim domestic violence?

Well, the lack of any panygeric from Meghan thanking her husband for his actions in sharing a therapist when she wanted to top herself? Have just as much weight.

If your inference can be true based on nothing but Harry's word? Mine can be too, given Meghan's rush to praise her saviour and Harry's yen to do the same.

Advertisement