Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What's the etiquette here??

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24,037 ✭✭✭✭Larbre34

You've got to take preemptive action. Half a bottle of milk of magnesia and fight the monster on your own terms. Then you'll be on safe ground for the remains of the day.

Can of tinned pears and 4 Marlboro Reds. If that doesn’t get things moving then go visit an arse doctor.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,820 ✭✭✭✭mfceiling

15 years visiting the mother in law's at Christmas, and every year "old faithful" has stood up to everything that has been thrown at her.

Never ever needed a second flush with this one. Nothing gets left behind. Not a single piece of 3 ply or a trace left on the porcelain.

Put your hands together lads and give thanks to a real warrior.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,467 ✭✭✭Sgt Hartman

About two hours after a big feed of turkey breast, roast ham, roast spuds, herb mash and mixed veggies washed down with Lithuanian plum wine I felt like I was being weighed down by concrete. I took a visit to the jacks and released what was definitely, on my 43 years on the planet, the biggest sh!te I ever made. First came a ginormous solid log which was followed by not one, not two but three big heapfuls of wet, pungent midden. I've had some bad Guinness shites in my time but it's nothing compared to a red wine sh!t, especially after copious amounts of it. It took a good three flushes to finally clear that massive pile of excrement, although I felt amazing afterwards, like I was floating on air.

Ugh, I had an entire wheel of Camembert and a half bottle of Port for my lunch, with a few slivers of smoked salmon thrown down for good measure.

I'm sort of afraid of what happens next.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 5,048 Mod ✭✭✭✭spacetweek

Looks like an old 2.5 gallon (11 litre) model. Nowadays you get 6 litres with a full flush (3 with the half flush). Those old beasts would wash away Noah's Ark.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,463 ✭✭✭✭Brendan Bendar

Just after launching a ‘Dreadnought’ class log into the ‘uppy’.

With all the trimmins…. Would give that lad a run for its money i have no doubt.

Lads at the shïtfarm better have the big knives ready.

Thick as a pigs front foot.

Form and function in a classic of engineering. That's a particularly attractive example of the high-level shítter. Solid wood seat, ceramic handle on the pull chain, wide bowl and throat, close to a window. If I've any criticism it's that the toilet paper holder seems a little high up, and you're highly unlikely to need the toilet brush for any reason as you've said.

You obviously married well, and the family will get hundreds of years of top class use out of that particular "unit".

Cheers Doc. Good spot on the toilet paper holder. Always thought it slightly on the high side myself.

It's a great design for a toilet. None of this nonsense of plastic innards with the option of a full flush or a half one. No stupid hidden hinges on a crummy plastic seat, making it almost impossible to change the seat. There's a full 10 or 11 litres coming down that one inch pipe at full tilt. I've never seen her beaten yet and there's been many an attempt at it.

Pure, simple great design.

Yeah that's a fabulous old piece of engineering.

My mother's childhood house had one of those off the garage, just the pan and a small handsink in this really big room. It lent to a real sense of occasion.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,499 ✭✭✭An Ri rua

Havent been here in a while lads. All bunged up for the interim, whatever its been..mebbe 18 months father since my last confession.

As I birthed a new galaxy tonight, it came to me, in a (burning) flash.

With Musk's shares tanking, all he has to do is buy up Dynorod and their ilk across Ireland, then buy Boards and flush (I jest not about such art) out the identities of we porcelain painters, thereby isolating those jacks in need of rocket science TLC.

A long musk is what I calved tonight. The musk of many seasons, a multi-year mulling.

This thread missed its moment. It should have been spun off as a crypto token. The world will always need shitters and men (mainly) who can speak to the noble battles on the edge of the abyss, the chasm of despair. The realm of the morning star and the starfish.

• Registered Users Posts: 832 ✭✭✭Nevin Parsnipp

Welcome back my friend...crackin "return" post......down to the end of the room with yah and help yoursell to two good dabs of "Eurax" and a dustin of Caldesine powder.

From the big drum in the corner.....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,998 ✭✭✭Lewis_Benson

That's a real shitter.

I'd say she'd flush a solid piece of cement no bother

None of this new fangled eco flush crap. I'd be more worried about getting block drains with them yokes.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,749 ✭✭✭✭padd b1975

Jaysus Xmas!!! You can get nothing done.

My five year threw her soft dolly down the toilet and left it there.

In comes the Brenner after a fairly long brisk walk with two arse cheeks full of ripe midden, ready to ‘blow’.

Up to the uppy, up with the lid , down with the scuns, and bloooosh, plume of ripe scutther blew into the pan.

Looked at the ‘damage’ and saw two feet sticking out of the ‘rubble’. !!

Daaah fuuuherke…. was the reaction …..one flush failed, only backed the load.

Luckily the dolly was still accessible so a wire coat hanger eventually got it out.

Trip to Smyths scheduled for Friday.

Doesn't need it Padd. House is on its own in the middle of nowhere. High bushes and planting outside the window hides all your modesty. You could sit there for hours and you wouldn't see or hear from a soul.

The inside of those full length curtains would give the rusty scallop a good abrasive scope out ?

Just sayin……

• Registered Users Posts: 12,110 ✭✭✭✭Gael23

Baby wipes do the job for me. Only thing is you have to throw the shite covered wipes in the bin. A bit awkward taking them out of the bathroom

Sent to the spare room already for farting excessively in bed. Different year, same issue.

• Advertisement

Get the biodegradable wipes lad, a breakthrough in arse wipery.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,742 ✭✭✭✭EmmetSpiceland

They’re better for the environment alright, L, but even the biodegradable ones are a “problem” for the pipes.

Have to say I, personally, don’t enjoy the wet, clammy, feel of a wet wipe. Sure, they’re great in a smearing “emergency”, or for tweezing out any hair grime, but overall I’m not a fan.

But, as I said, they can be a saviour in a “pinch”.

“It is not blood that makes you Irish but a willingness to be part of the Irish nation” - Thomas Davis

• Registered Users Posts: 12,110 ✭✭✭✭Gael23

They still have to go in the bin. They just decompose in the ground when unloaded from the bin lorry

• Registered Users Posts: 1,297 ✭✭✭Count Dracula

I always keep my baby wipes in the bottom drawer of the fridge. beside my cans of Karpackie.

They are an incredibly important accoutrement after heaving, or more often pouring large amounts of loose fecal gunge, which has not had a decent chance to settle, usually conducive to excess alcohol intake after eating food laden with spiced condiment.

The tender edges of your battered sheriffs badge need an equally caring and soft touch, to make sure future extractions enjoy a less stressful or painful experience? If it has been particularly traumatic, for example, I have been known to projectile vomit hopefully towards into the sink or bathtub on occasion, please feel free to stare blanky into the carnage your overindulgence has created, maybe lament at former lost lovers and where it all went wrong, before calmly stepping into the shower to properly disinfect the region. Post shower it is very acceptable to carefully place 2-3 ply baby wipes all along your anal crevice, apply as much cream as you would prefer. Walk gently downstairs and sit on a firm hard chair and never mention to anyone how it just took you the guts of an hour to take a shight.

Happy crapping in 2023 everyone, may all your deposits be clean drops, bringing you succinct happiness, contentment and wellbeing.

Thanks for the info, I always used to flush them.

I’d say the sewage pipe is as bound up as as a current affairs regular in that case, Lewis.

You might want to pick a set of these up and keep em in the shed.

I have a set already, had an incident before Christmas where the inlet to the septic tank at Chez Lewis was blocked.

I haven't had those wipes in the house for a long time.

I stick to the single ply now due to the aforementioned incident.

Spent NYE in a friends gaff with the Mrs and our hounds came along for the visit also.

Had a feed on of various cheeses.

Classic Irish cheddar, smoked cheddar, goats cheese, feta.

Along with Cooked meats including smoked German sausages, liver pate, bacon and chicken pate.

Sides wee red pesto, garlic and herb dip, bread sticks on the side.

Was washing this lot down with cans of Molson Canadian lager.

Once it was decided what was for dinner the local takeaway was called for, and a number of donor kebabs were called for by the group.

The kebabs were top class, plenty of toppings and came with real chips too.

Needless to say this all, along with all of the Christmas's feedings, has put some strain on the bowels.

To say I've been smelling and shyting like an old tramp since is an understatement.

The fent coming for the tailpipe would out Hanibal Lecter off his breakfast.

The first morning of 2023 was spent excreeting the most foul smelling farts and a couple of serious load outs into the porcelain.

I was asked politely never to use the Down stairs loo again in that house, and the dog won't sit near me on the couch in his usual spot.

Wonder if it would be feasible to send envoy from this thread to interview the ‘shït thrower’ from Gort.

For educational purposes only, not condoning the event.

Could inquire as to the ‘bag’ used, the consistency of the ‘matter’ like was she a thick log or a splattery load?

What technique was used to fill the bag, was it like the ‘ crane man’ lobbed down from a height.

Better say no more as an inquiry in progress.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,829 ✭✭✭YellowLead

Just heard on the radio they are now saying cow dung and not human excrement

Advertisement