Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FIFA 23 Ultimate Team Thread

Options

Comments

• Administrators Posts: 53,845 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

WW Politano SBC out.

I don't know if it's a mistake or not, but it looks like this card has every single trait in the game, including the pro clubs traits.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,390 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Ended up with a lot of fodder from the swaps 83x60 or whatever it was, and decided to get Gerrard done rather than do half of Zidane and risk not being able to finish him in time (30 day limit is very tight for that card).

Now having played one game with Gerrard, I clearly made the wrong decision. His pace says 77, but he honestly feels like a goalkeeper on and off the ball, and that’s with a shadow on him. Maybe he’ll improve the more I use him, but I’m not far off brining IF KDB back in, even he feels quicker.

On the positive side, I had 500k to play around with too so I splashed out on PTG Bernardo Silva. Have him in a midfield two in a 4-4-2 with Powerhouse on him and he’s different class. I’ve never been much of a dribbler but he can get in and out of spaces that no other player I’ve used can. Savage passer of the ball too, feels like he’s exempt from that trademark EA bullsh*t.

I reckon to do Zidane you need to be able to cover the 89, 88, 88 and 87 almost immediately, so that you can just pump all the rest of your fodder into the rest over the 30 days.

If you can't cover the highest 4 you might be in bother.

Yeah that’s why I decided against it. In hindsight though, I still have a good few 88-90 rated cards that I didn’t need to use on Gerrard, so I might actually have been able to clear the two most expensive squads on Zidane. I’d still have been left short on completing him today but a bit of luck over the next few weekend leagues might’ve seen it through.

Think I’ll just start saving for the next big Icon SBC instead. Hoping for a Prime Roberto Carlos or an endgame LM/LW to replace Neymar.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,464 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Had enough for the 89 and 88.

can’t pass up the chance to have a midfield of him and Gullit 😂

• Advertisement

It would take me 30 days alone to do the 89 squad.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,231 ✭✭✭mutley18

Just the 2 88s left for me for Zidane having cleared out all fodder in the club. Have a good few packs saved for tomorrows new promo so hopefully that will help.

The pressing in this game is absolutely ridiculous. Played this morning for the first time in a few weeks and it was 90 minutes of me being pressed to absolute perfection by defensive AI. Every man marked, perfect pressure on the ball carrier.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,568 ✭✭✭✭Frisbee

I see Ben Yedder is due to have a Centurions card. I am still running his 86 rated IF in my main team as I'm yet to find a better forward that suits my playstyle. His Promo card would be amazing to get but not a chance I'll pack it and will be 1M+ on the market.

Also saw a Mahrez SBC leaked for the Centurions Promo, will def be doing that, I still miss his headliners card from FUT21 sometimes.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,748 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

Played one game of qualifiers just to get the WL Plus pick before it expired and...

• Advertisement

The Centurions promo is crap.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,120 ✭✭✭✭Cyrus

It is, the price of the neymar card is stupid as well he is plus 1 on his inform ffs

Yh no interest in most of these cards, took Tonali today and think this will be the team for a while now, the chem is fine WC Heroes just don't display right on app.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,960 ✭✭✭Liamalone

You lot still playing this regularly? I've been pretty die hard with regard to fifa, it's pretty much the reason that I have console. But by f+*k this edition is muck.

I know I'm not the best but jeez some of the crap that goes on is unreal. An opponent earlier hit a goal kick and it cannoned off his defender and went out for a goal kick.... I laughed. But then it happened again a couple of games later, wtf.

The gameplay is awful. My other half asked me earlier in the week why I'm not playing the console much. I told her, fifa is beyond poor this year, I have better things to do.

It is only a game but holy fork. They are taking the pi55 with this one.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,960 ✭✭✭Liamalone

And the cherry on top. I play on Series X and all is grand, I play on One X and every so often, too often, I get speed up lag. This has been an issue last year, possibly the test before, yet still not fixed. Any wonder I only dip in and out these days.

Addiction is an awful thing lol.

Weekend league is terrible this week. Full of rats with their loan icons.

I took one lad to extra time and he subbed on all his elite loan icons. Rat rat rat.

Unless I really need the wins, I’ll always just quit if the game is level and I see the opponent using high rated loan cards, wastes a game for them.

It’s very much an unwritten rule that loan players are saved for friendlies.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,464 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

I’m going to defend the loans in WL stuff.

one, most of the time, I find people using loans tend to have weaker teams overall, or just aren’t quite as good as you’d expect them to be. In which case, I’ve no real desire to gatekeeper them using what options they do have to improve their team.

two, I actually just used my loan Dinho and R9 to push myself over the rank V mark for the weekend. Needed to win the last game, and knew those two loan cards would help. Scored a quick goal with R9 and the guy immediately quit, and I safely picked up an Ultimate Pack and an extra red pick as a result.

Theres a snowball effect to winning WL ranks. The better you do, the better rewards you get, ergo the better you do. So I have no really annoyance with people who use the few loan games they can get out of players to boost their own rewards

• Registered Users Posts: 17,440 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

• Advertisement

Lost on pens to a lad who managed one shot inside the box in 120 minutes

• Registered Users Posts: 4,103 ✭✭✭Sudden Valley

Getting murdered in rivals all the time now. Think my team has now outstripped my ability, even cant get mbappe to win me matches. Is constant pressure still nerfed? May go to the dark side

• Registered Users Posts: 1,231 ✭✭✭mutley18

WC Marquinhos is a cheat code from corners, if it lands on his head its a goal 😂

Pressure isn’t nerfed. I’m getting smashed in rivals most games too, it’s absolutely awful. Way harder than champs.

I have a theory.

Since SBMM was introduced in Friendlies, elite / top players are avoiding ranking up in Rivals as it would negatively impact their Friendlies experience. They would have to grind out friendlies against other elite / top players. If they stay down in the lower divisions, they at least have a chance of getting matched against the more average players like me.

This is why Rivals is such an unholy mess right now, and why Champs is infinitely more fun (where matchmaking is entirely form based, and your skill-level doesn't come into it).

That explains why friendlies have become an absolute pain in the hole over the last month, didn't realise they changed the matchmaking.

I still get cold sweats thinking about that Winter Wildcard cup. One big toxic mess with heavily scripted and laggy gameplay. You go from playing that to Champions and it literally felt like playing two different FIFAs.

Yea I think it was quietly switched to SBMM during the world cup, which has absolutely ruined Rivals.

Div4 is a complete **** show at the moment. Obviously full of elite/div1 players.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,523 ✭✭✭Dave0301

Yes, this is generally excepted at this stage by most of the player base as a result of WC Swaps. The content has incentivised doing tokens and getting better packs than what is available in Rivals. As a result, people have not been pushing for promotion.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,222 ✭✭✭Calvin

Never usually spend big on players but couldn’t resist it yesterday when the mid / WC icon SBC came out. Picked up 90 Gullit and he’s absolutely transformed my midfield/entire team. 5 games 9 goals 2 assists from CM in a 4321. He absolutely dominates midfield and seems to be everywhere on the pitch. Scoring goals for fun and making people quit in the process… gonna be hard to sell him on!

Advertisement