Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Russia - threadbanned users in OP

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20,047 ✭✭✭✭cnocbui

• Registered Users Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

Bindens not buying into the ceasefire either he's happy to bomb, hospitals , nurseries and churches on December 25 and Jan 1st

• Registered Users Posts: 485 ✭✭junkyarddog

What a delightful person,do they not realize every day that passes they make themselves look more and more despicable?

Or do they really not care? I guess the latter.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,920 ✭✭✭Cordell

Christmas on 7th is due to usage of the old Julian calendar, which is objectively wrong as it is not accurate. Most orthodox churches switched to a revised version and now it's the time for the Ukrainian church to join the more western orthodox churches in doing so

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Revised_Julian_calendar

I'd say more than anything they will send the warrior ifv which is the Brit equivalent to the Bradley,

I think tanks are still a way off

• Advertisement

50 Bradley vehicles confirmed from the US,

40 Maraders+ 1 patriot system from the Germans...

I'd love to know what happened behind the scenes with the Germans they were absolutely adamant no Maraders or patriots would be going to Ukraine

• Registered Users Posts: 3,428 ✭✭✭ZX7R

It's surreal for me to be honest.

I've seen the flashing on two different occasions of missile strikes that happened near the polish Ukraine border where I live live.

I do hear the air raid sirens some mornings while having a cigarette before I get my son ready for school.

I've given accommodation to Irish French German Polish all given help aid to Ukrainians.

Some are doctor's ,nurses ,truck drivers ,ngo or just people trying to give help.

The Germans I have a soft soft for as they transport mother's with children with special needs to Germany to give the medical and therapys needed.

Most Ukrainian entering know come by train and are brought to a main station area for them.

Here they get time to decide what to do before there journey continues if they decide

,rest sleep food cleaning facilities medical care are provided.

My village was doing it at the start but we soon became overwhelmed by the numbers coming.

Most Ukrainians I help didn't have much to say as they were still in shock.

I could talk for hours to be honest ,i Could tell loads.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 26,505 Mod ✭✭✭✭Podge_irl

They were adamant none would go in isolation of similar actions by other nations. That is now happening. Its a painfully slow effort from the Germans, but its still consistent with their statements.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,862 ✭✭✭✭josip

Very interesting. Especially so, considering that quite often during my work I need to instantiate GregorianCalendars and also I am reading this right now on Bulevar Milutin Milankovica 🙂. My understanding of the link you posted is that the revised Julian calendar simply preserves the offset between Julian and Gregorian calendars and prevented the divergence from increasing. Most orthodox churches still celebrate Christmas on the 7th of January and will continue to do so? Have I misunderstood something?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,434 ✭✭✭jmreire

Fair play to you, your Family and Village for what ye have done and are still doing. Most Germans ( the ones that I know anyway) are completely disgusted by what Herr Scholtz is doing., and want to dis-associate them selves from him, so when they get the chance to make amends, they are great, for sure. Yes, I'm sure that you could write a book at this stage, and maybe even now, keeping a diary might not be such a bad idea??

In any case, keep up the good work, Ye are a beacon of hope for many, and as you mentioned. its surreal experience, imagine what horrors these Ukrainians have experienced while travelling out of Ukraine..no surprise they don't have much to say. That they are still functioning in any manner is nothing short of a miracle.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,473 ✭✭✭✭Strazdas

Christmas wasn't celebrated at all in Russia or the Soviet Union for many decades, as the Soviets effectively banned the practise and replaced it with a 'New Year celebration', so one imagines the Ukrainian church will be free to hold their own Christmas whenever they like in future (if they so desire).

• Registered Users Posts: 16,563 ✭✭✭✭Francie Barrett

This is a private Russian Z group so the link won't work unless you're a member.

Putin has instructed Shoygu to impose a ceasefire from 12 noon on 6 January to 24 noon on 7 January along the entire line of contact between the sides in Ukraine. 

Patriarch Kyrill requested this today.

The Kremlin also called on the Ukrainian side to declare a cease-fire and allow citizens to attend Christmas services.

This was posted today, nothing new, but the comments are interesting.

Позор ебаный

This was the most liked comment in response to this thread.

Translation - It's a **** disgrace.

They are not happy at all with this ceasefire proposal. They are not happy with the progress of the war. The generals get most of the blame, Putin gets almost no blame. Amazing how brainwashed these people are.

• Registered Users Posts: 453 ✭✭john why

Putin can fcuk off with his ceasefire.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,801 ✭✭✭Wolf359f

Communication problems in the russian ranks.

I've often wondered about the authenticity of the intercepted phone calls,but if genuine this one is chilling.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,563 ✭✭✭✭Francie Barrett

In connection with Mr. Podolyak's statement that the AFU does not intend to meet the Kremlin's demands for a "unilateral ceasefire", I have a few remarks to make:

- I withdraw from yesterday's review-forecast the unfoundedly bold assumption about the possibility of our troops completing an assault on Marinka in a week or a week and a half. If Marinka will ever be taken, it will be much later, as during the 36 hours of our "abstention" the AFU will seriously fortify its positions and reinforce the garrison;

- Vladimir Vladimirovich has taken such a bold and decisive step towards defeat and capitulation in the current war as has never been seen in the past 10.5 months of the so-called "SWO". The Hague applauds and begins to prepare the chamber. (Unless, of course, the issue is preemptively resolved by the unauthorised insertion of a shovel cutter into the back door, as was the case with Gaddafi);

- The Armed Forces of the Russian Federation - just delighted: they will be able to experience all "charms" of unilateral ceasefires, which the LDPR corps had experienced for the previous 8 years. I think our military will like it. "De-escalation" and "Regrouping", as well as the "Uncomplicated Solution" - the RF Armed Forces have already appreciated it. Now - a new stage...

Just in, the latest misery-fest from Igor Girkin.

Criticism of the Russian military and Putin. I am amazed he can get away with it.

Two orc aircraft shot down over ukraine one helicopter and su30/Su35 jet pilot has also been captured alive,

Western armor coming, patriots coming,and tanks are a possibility.

Its not been a great week for the orc's at all and it's not even the weekend yet

• Registered Users Posts: 3,428 ✭✭✭ZX7R

I can't imagine the horrors they have been through or seen.

I hope I never have too.

I use to be the only Irish man in the village, but now there is two of us .

A young Irish man who came to volunteer at the border is now in a relationship with a Ukrainian girl,they spend half there time in Poland and the rest transporting aid in the Ukraine.

Even good things happen in the worst of events.

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭blarney_boy

Happy page 2500 to the regular posters on the thread!

I'm hoping for a victorious Ukraine and a sombre funeral in the Kremlin before we reach page 3000 . . .

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,434 ✭✭✭jmreire

Yes, the Lights in the Darkness!! Are ye working independently or with an organization? Which ever it is, keep safe.... heads down, and if possible asse's even lower, and don't go poking around in the bushes.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,428 ✭✭✭macraignil

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,314 Mod ✭✭✭✭Manic Moran

Quick tank question, may have already been answered by you elsewhere,

But is there anyone producing brand new tank Hulls or clean sheet tank design's in Europe or stateside,

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,314 Mod ✭✭✭✭Manic Moran

The US and Greece, it seems.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,014 ✭✭✭RGARDINR

I know Ukraine did not want to take the cease fire and I can understand why but I think those 36 hrs they would of been put to great use for Ukraine probably would of gotten twice the value out of it compared to Russia in what they could of set up in those hrs. I suppose they looked at it and said feck it no quarter given and no weakness shown when we have the upper hand against Russia. I just think the 36 hrs would of been like in reality 72 hrs what Ukraine really would of gotten done in that time compared to the Russians.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,838 ✭✭✭Polar101

There's also the question whether Russia will actually honour their own ceasefire. Most likely they'll just claim Ukraine attacked them during it, and "forced" them to retaliate.

Don't kid yourself, the orcs don't keep agreements.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,014 ✭✭✭RGARDINR

I suppose then it's just back to the way it was but I suppose its all mute point now anyhow as the ceasefire didn't happen.

• Advertisement

This coming from an previously claimed unbiased source of news in Ukraine.....

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement