Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Tesla Model Y

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,313 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

No nothing.

you won’t hear anything until a couple of weeks before it’s due unless you have outstanding item sim your account process like name, registration details, trade in offer to be accepted or updated.

• Registered Users Posts: 968 ✭✭✭gabbo is coming

About trade in, yes

• Registered Users Posts: 946 ✭✭✭Rusky rusky

I've got 2 emails, one about the expiry of my trafe in quote and second about finance details.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,999 ✭✭✭Spipov

Got email about sending pics of the trade in again. I havent had a chance, i go and come back in the dark and its my wife’s car. She’ll have to learn to do it.

have a quote of 600 to fix it to pass nct, i dont think its worth it, ill get tesla estimate and will either fix or scrap it.

its just ball joints and shock absorbers. Are there places that pay good money for a good runner that only has a few things needed? Do not want the hassle of fixing nct and trading in if its going to get me 1000 or so.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,279 ✭✭✭MightyMunster

Yes got an email this week about finance, who did I want to go with, PCPor HP and deposit size etc...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 548 ✭✭✭Squeaksoutloud

Simple question here as only realising the Model Y maybe within my budget. Checked last few pages but don't see an answer. When I add metallic blue and white interior it appears to take me over the €60k grant threshold by only €500. Is a discount a runner here at all or are you really just restricted on choosing one between exterior colour or interior colour (to ensure you avail of the grant)?

Tough luck unfortunately. Tesla are a digital “buy it now” store. They should have reduced the pricing to get one or 2 options below the grant but once add them both, you loose it.

I wanted the 20” wheels but sure as hell ain’t paying €8k for them. If I take the car I’ll say trip it to the UK to buy from one of the uk groups.

• Registered Users Posts: 412 ✭✭rodneytrotter15

You could always just order the white stay under budget, get the grant and have it vinyl wrapped in a nicer shade of blue and still save money on what the blue costs form Tesla.

Lowest price of my car same year on donedeal 4500

Highest 10950

Tesla trade in value 956

That's it, I'm out

• Registered Users Posts: 2,284 ✭✭✭joe1303l

What a joke, they’re really trying to kill their sales numbers with that sort of nonsense. Leaves you no choice but sell privately if you’re hellbent on buying from Tesla. They really need to find some better way of offloading trade cars.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,503 ✭✭✭✭Mad_maxx

I’d always sell privately, what’s the big deal?

100%....Only once have I ever traded in and that was because I got a price as good as I would have got for a private sale as the dealer had an immediate buyer for my XF.

You will always do better selling privately, a good salesman will make you think you got a great trade in but that’s all it is

• Registered Users Posts: 788 ✭✭✭staples7

Exactly, surely a few hours of your time is worth the 5k+ benefit. I do get there are people who just don't want the hassle but I think even with any other car brand this approach still costs you thousands. Just with Tesla this delta is magnified.

I didn't even try trade in with my ID4

• Registered Users Posts: 65,382 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

Have you read this thread at all? Tesla don't want your car. They don't do trade ins. They just get a few low ball traders to take it away and whatever they offer Tesla, Tesla will offer you to get rid of it from the back of their yard ASAP.

Sell your car privately or into the trade yourself. You will get a lot more. Or just go to VW or Toyota or any other incumbent and stick with the old game with the old rules one more time 😁

• Registered Users Posts: 1,765 ✭✭✭ds20prefecture

Big price drop on M3 and MY in China today. Australia prices dropped also, so there's hope the price will drop here.

Regarding selling privately, as far as I can see, only the trade use DoneDeal. All contacts on my ID.3 have been lowball offers from the trade. Only one other private seller of ID.3 on DoneDeal as far as I can see. Is there anywhere better to sell, or is nobody buying a car in January?

Price dropped here already, can't see it dropping again at least on the Y anyway. The 3 may drop though.

I've always sold on Carzone only but don't think it's as popular as it used to be. There careofireland was well but I've no experience of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 696 ✭✭✭Alfagtamini

I've sold my ID4 into the trade got a decent price for it. PM me if you want his contact details.

• Registered Users Posts: 548 ✭✭✭Squeaksoutloud

Ridiculous really to be 500 quid over on a €60k car. Sooner the recession kicks in the better and companies will have less opportunity to pass up business.They will lose out on my interest now I think.

It’s not that hard to smell a spoofer so don’t be friendly on the phone ( don’t be hostile either) and genuine buyers will appreciate a serious seller , insist on a bank draft , again a serious buyer won’t have an issue

don’t take haggling ( within reason) personally but cut off those who try and haggle over the phone before seeing it , those are messers , I always say “ I never haggle over anything over the phone “

allow for a luck penny and make the buyer feel like they got some little win ( discount) , good to keep it friendly at the end once a genuine serious buyer has shown good faith from the start

when selling a very cheap car , you have to tolerate more casual approach , above is for 10 k plus cars

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 19,021 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

Prices are set in Netherlands, Ireland is a blip and I'd say they only reason for the Y price drop in Oct 22 was in relation to stock levels from China, not to complete against other car prices in Ireland that other's have often alluded to.

There will be A LOT of rejected Y's due to lack of sensors, both here and the UK, I will be rejecting mine on this basis and inventory will pile.

Tesla have very little options for Y's delivered to Europe that are RWD, will cost a fortune to ship back to Aus/Jap etc (I'm ignoring Malta etc)

My stuff for sale on Adverts inc. EDDI, hot water cylinder, roof rails...

Public Profile active ads for slave1 (adverts.ie)

For those that have ordered will you cancel or if you are will you re-order and try and get a build with USS ? My delivery is updated to Feb 17th to Mar 5th and I'm on the fence.

Looking at the web-site if I were to re-order they are still stating Feb-Mar delivery. Wonder what are the changes of prices being jacked back up in the next 3 months ?

As an aside a friend test drove the Y recently and the guy told her there was no way they took out the sensors. They really have no clue.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 19,021 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

Not cancelling, leaving order open and refusing delivery, that way price is locked at lower of order price or actual price on the day

My stuff for sale on Adverts inc. EDDI, hot water cylinder, roof rails...

Public Profile active ads for slave1 (adverts.ie)

• Registered Users Posts: 13,934 ✭✭✭✭josip

Tesla don't make cars to order as far as I know. They make a selection of everything and match up orders with cars while they're in transit. If you re-order now, you'll get a car from the same boat that's arriving in Q1 which also will be without USS.

Shanghai will have a slightly longer than normal shutdown for Chinese New Year. Market pessimists think that this is due to a softening of supply. Others think it might be Covid related. Others think they might be changing the production lines and sensors will be included again in February builds. So the earliest you might get a USS equipped MY would be Q2, but that's optimistic in my opinion. I think it will be Q3/Q4 or maybe even 2024. By which time the grant will be reduced/gone.

• Registered Users Posts: 185 ✭✭TMY

Still very much undecided.

I'd be reluctant to accept delivery with Tesla Vision only as I don't expect it will ever be on par with USS with software changes alone and I suspect Tesla accept that.

Will prices rise in the next few months? Unlikely. As pointed out already there could well be an increase in refusals due to TV/no USS.

In the context of rising interest rates and stubbornly high inflation globally, reports of lower demand in China leading to price cuts there and in Australia & NZ plus over production, you could argue that price cuts are more likely that rises. Will that include the model Y? Who knows.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,820 ✭✭✭✭mfceiling

Why should they?

They don't have showrooms with yards all over the country. You go on-line to spec your car and to buy it. You don't walk around showrooms with a sales person blowing smoke up your arse and offering you fancy coffees.

They aren't interested in your car (unless it's another Tesla). It's only hassle for them having to off load it.

If your car is really worth that, then sell it yourself on DD.

I have read the thread and expected a low ball offer, not an insult

Tesla are targeting middle class drivers. People who normally don't sell their existing cars online.

I think they've done a wonderful job disrupting the sales process, but it has fallen down here. I'm buying a 60k car, not a Dacia Jogger. I don't want to get involved in haggling or checking bank drafts or all that shite. But they leave me with no choice, if I want a Tesla but also don't want to give the car away to a dealer via them or direct

• Registered Users Posts: 21,989 ✭✭✭✭ELM327

I have to say, the only realistic offers I ever got on Tesla trade ins were of Tesla vehicles with 120k or below. They offered me a very very good deal on my model X, to the point I walked away with a new model 3 and cash in my hand. On the other hand when I tried to trade in my S with 175k (at the time) they offered 10k plus below market value in a rising market, and I sold it privately -cheaply - for a good deal more than Tesla would have given.

• Advertisement

What’s the car?

Apple do the same. Trade in iPhone 23 pro and they give you €250 off a 14 pro.

sell iPhone 13 Pro on adverts for €600.

That’s the way the world works. If your car is worth more then don’t accept trade in, buy the car for cash after selling yours for €10k.

I also think second hand car owners think their cars are worth more than they actually are because of the last few years. But that’s gone now.

Advertisement