Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Harry and Meghan - OP updated with Threadbanned Users 4/5/21

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,047 ✭✭✭✭Leg End Reject

Did he actually say that about his childhood bedroom? Imagine an adult being bitter over that? In my experience the oldest child or the only daughter gets the best room.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,024 ✭✭✭Oscar_Madison

He did the whole invcitus games so he was certainly once passionate about all of that and achieved a lot in that area- it feels like he’s now looking for reassurance around his past achievements for sure, but totally misguided - I wonder who’s doing the guiding !!!!

Yes- reported on one of the TV news items this afternoon - it might be part of his upcoming televised interview, just can’t recall right now. You have to laugh considering even the smallest bed room in the palace he grew up in is likely the size of a two bed semi-d

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,290 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

jm08 threadban lifted

• Registered Users Posts: 5,478 ✭✭✭valoren

You have to admit that the Palace PR is certainly top notch. They not only successfully hid the fact that the spare is a narcissistic sociopath but also, in helping portray him as the cheeky chappy loveable rogue, managed to make him one of the most popular Royals ever for a time. 😄

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,978 ✭✭✭wyrn

Absolutely. They've managed to make it palatable that the head of the RF is an adulterer and his mistress, and that they are ok with hanging around the sibling who paid off a sex trafficked woman, oh who had also invited a convicted paedophile to hang out on the estate.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,978 ✭✭✭wyrn

I'm genuinely concerned that people out there (and here) are so obsessed with H&M and couldn't be arsed to give the same level of loathing and attention to Andrew. Absolutely baffling.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,177 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

Don't you find it interesting that with all their hinting and out right finger pointing at other members of the RF that H+M never even hint at any displeasure or dusgust at Andrew's alleged dalliance with Virginia Guiffre?

Personally I think it's because they are so friendly with Eugenie.

To thine own self be true

• Registered Users Posts: 1,130 ✭✭✭lmao10

I agree. Slightly ot but I am also baffled at the pro monarchy right wingers in the UK who then go on about the homeless issue and stuff like that. Like you are totally in favour of spending millions per year on a royal family (12 million of that went to virginia giuffre). It's comical

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 824 ✭✭✭Sir_Name

This is a thread about H&M. I would be more than happy to engage on a thread about Andrew, however H&M are more divisive characters, hence the debate.

I don't think the thread of Andrew would last very long as I dont believe any one would condone his actions/behaviour.

As for Meghan, thats an allegation, not fact. You are a smart person but just to clarify an allegation is “a claim or assertion that someone has done something illegal or wrong, typically one made without proof”. We have no proof that Meghan was obstructed from seeking help. What I do find odd, or even conflicting is that Harry said he called his therapist after his incident with William. This was before they moved in Frogmore. Before Harry stated when Meghan was suicidal he didnt know what to do or who to call... Strange as only months previously he had a therapist on speed dial...

• Registered Users Posts: 55,700 ✭✭✭✭walshb

Andrew Andrew Andrew.. give it a rest. The thread is H&M. You sound as whiny as Harry!

• Registered Users Posts: 40,147 ✭✭✭✭Boggles

Why? It's absolutely nothing do with them.

It's the people who facilitated the spending of millions of public money to pay off a rape victim who should be answering questions.

Don't you think?

This thread may as well be in the Celebrity forum (if it still exists) as most here are treating it as total entertainment. It’s current because it’s happening right now but that’s really the only reason it’s in this forum.

There was/is an extensive Andrew thread in AH where he was suitably ridiculed and if you wish to pay your appropriate respects. 😀

Andrews last piece of ridicule concerned him giving waiting public at Christmas service, advice on how to keep their feet warm by standing on an old newspaper. I reckon there’s an entrepreneur out there already making a recyclable but reusable item in the shape and look of a newspaper with Andrews face plastered on the front of it so that next time people are waiting in the cold for the Royal family to arrive, they can buy this item and stand on Andrews head while keep their toties warm - guarantee you it will happen 😀

Don’t you think that’s a question for another thread?

Going by your point, Andrew is nothing to do with them ergo, the issue re the settlement is nothing to do with the discussion on H&M.

• Registered Users Posts: 15 studefromtrinners

Lol that comment about the newspaper was definitely hot off the press 😂👍

• Registered Users Posts: 40,147 ✭✭✭✭Boggles

I was responding to a another users question. Strange you didn't question him. 😕

Do you think you should stop trying to mod this thread? if you have a problem report it.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,081 ✭✭✭✭end of the road

of course they managed to hide it given it's nonsense and clearly isn't true.

as we discussed before, neither of them harry or meghan have the trates required to fit both diagnosis.

ticking a box on a form does not make you of a religion.

• Administrators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,947 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Neyite

My eldest sibling got all the new clothes. All I ever got was hand-me-downs. She also got the better bedroom, got to stay up later than me and was the first to be allowed to wear makeup, go to discos and drink alcohol before me.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,040 ✭✭✭rogber

Interesting detail about the 25 Taliban. I'm wondering will the woke brigade accuse him of British colonial attitude "oh, I killed 25 of the savage natives. Nothing to be ashamed of".

The only thing I feel sorry for him about is the Diana stuff. Grief is tough even in "normal " circumstances. Losing your mum, one of the most famous people in the world, in a horrible accident at that age then having to deal with it all in public would mess many people up for life, as it seems to have done with Harry.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,788 ✭✭✭✭BattleCorp

You'll have a long wait. William is clever enough to keep his mouth shut, unlike his Uncle who dug a hole for himself with his interview.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,010 ✭✭✭Shelga

Andrew is a repugnant individual. He’s also not in news headlines every damn day, because he has retreated/been made to retreat from public life.

I couldn’t care less if the monarchy was disbanded. I think it’s a messed up organisation which clearly messes up its unwilling participants for life.

I also think Harry is a gobshite. As is his wife. What can possibly be served by selling the line “I mounted her quickly” for money? Along with dozens of other tawdry revelations.

James O’Brien, who seems to think H&M can do no wrong (🙄) does make the salient point that the Daily Mail publishes the headline “Spare us, Harry!” then devotes 17 pages to coverage of the moronic pair. The media and H&M are locked in a mutually financially beneficial, yet otherwise poisonous, arrangement. It’s pretty icky.

Sure I’m contributing to it all too, by posting here! Can we just agree that everyone in this mess is a fool?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,010 ✭✭✭Shelga

Also Harry never seems to direct any of his anger at the driver of the car his mother was in, who was 3.5 times the legal limit, and had also taken prescription drugs which likely worsened his inebriation? A French investigation concluded that he and he alone was responsible for the fatal crash.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,788 ✭✭✭✭BattleCorp

100%.

He's not only burning bridges, he's blowing them up. What'll he do in a few years when his Netflix etc. money runs out? It's estimated that Megan and Harry are worth about $60m between them. A grand sum for the likes of us peasants but they'd lash through that pretty quickly I'd imagine. He can only peddle his story so many times and pretty soon he won't be a novelty so that'll cut out nearly all of his income stream. I think there are some tough times ahead for him.

In 10 years time, his missus will have fcuked off and he'll be lucky if he's an out-of-sight royal living in a house in the grounds of some quiet royal estate with his mouth sewn shut.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 38,730 CMod ✭✭✭✭ancapailldorcha

No responsibility attributed to the journalists chasing them?

The foreigner residing among you must be treated as your native-born. Love them as yourself, for you were foreigners in Egypt. I am the LORD your God.

Leviticus 19:34

• Registered Users Posts: 6,178 ✭✭✭Be right back

• Registered Users Posts: 6,178 ✭✭✭Be right back

I reckon he'll end up living in a remote part of Africa.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,346 ✭✭✭Jequ0n

Then he will continue his whinging and blame his wife for his misfortunes, instead of taking accepting responsibility for his own actions.

Potential for another boring book there.

I am not trying to moderate the thread - I am merely pointing out that you address the narrative to suit you, rather inconsistently.

As mentioned, this is a thread about H&M - however you keep, and its numerous times at this stage, point out that why arent we complaining more about Andrew, or the family facilitating Andrew settling the claim. Rapist etc etc... they're protecting Will etc why wont they protect Harry.

When the question is posed to you how come Harry and Meghan dont mention this, you say its not related. Its a little pot, kettle black and frankly disingenuous. But carry on, you; in my opinion are only exposing your own bias and discrediting your contribution to the thread

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,129 ✭✭✭Ms2011

If only there was an inquest held to prove these claims one way or another, oh wait there was, one of the few things NOT leaked by a 'palace source', funny that.

Advertisement