Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas Off Topic Chat

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,865 ✭✭✭TRS30

That's what I was thinking. People who couldn't or don't have the time etc would pay someone to do it for them.

Happy Little Christmas/Nollaig na mBan.

Going to try and finish off with a bag later- thinking turkey, stuffing and cranberry sandwich with Christmas movie while wearing a Christmas jumper.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,441 ✭✭✭CheerLouth

Sounds amazing...I could be tempted to do the same, love a christmas sambo!

We've also started the great take down...have packed the Christmas crockery away & the hall table has returned to normality. Trees in the kids bedrooms have been debaubled & just need to be put away. We still have the big tree in the kitchen but that will be taken down tomorrow. I think I'm going to leave my garland on the mantlepiece in the sitting room for another few weeks - I'm not quite ready to say goodbye to the festive season yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,857 ✭✭✭sporina

Nollaig na mban shona daoibh.. meeting some lady friends later for food and banter - might wear my xmas jumper - then munch thru some of the xmas left overs.. chocs, xmas cake, mince pie woo hoo..

• Registered Users Posts: 10,269 ✭✭✭✭DvB

Happy little Christmas everybody.

It seems I picked up some kind of cold/viral bug thing on the journey home, woke up with my throat a tad raw and my sinuses all messed up too... typical, though i suspected something like this would happen. Tested and its not covid anyway.

Am absolutely shattered tired too which doesn't help, never really suffered from jet lag or suchlike before but 30 hours travelling door to door has us all totally messed up, will try to stay awake and avoid dozing today to get a normal sleep tonight...

Wanted to watch a Christmas movie last night but the Mrs has gone into 'its over' mode so that's that until Halloween is over methinks.

Have a great little Christmas everyone, I assume we're officially out of season now too so find what joy you can in the little things and remember, we'll be in season in no time at all.

"I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,820 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

If you still feel rotten after 3 days test again as I tested negative originally but after 3 days of being sick I felt awful and then tested positive.

Travelling can certainly take it out of you, if you can nap where possible.

We are still officially in season IMO until midnight tonight. Then tomorrow the off season begins.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,820 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Let the garland shine for as long as possible!

I found some unused Christmas candles that shall be lit Saturday night to keep the warmth glow and smells in the house for a bit longer.

Welcome back, hopefully you don't get any worse and a couple of days at home will shift it.

Guess we are out of season from tomorrow till December.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,971 ✭✭✭SarahLil

Happy Little Christmas everyone

For the day that’s in I am just taking it easy got a nice walk this morning done sausage rolls for brekkie, having a nice sandwich with a side of Christmas king crisps while the little one naps, hoping to open my Christmas goodies later have a nice pamper with face mask etc no definite plans for taking down the decorations probably tomorrow or Sunday,

Great words @DvB take what joy we can

have a great day everyone

• Registered Users Posts: 10,106 ✭✭✭✭Caranica

Right, I've decided. The tree is staying up for the month of January again. It went up late and I've not had enough of it so that's that and feck the begrudgers 😂

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,857 ✭✭✭sporina

ive decided that my xmas cards, decorations (candles etc) will stay where they are till Monday.. enjoy the last of the xmas joy everyone (for now).. x

• Registered Users Posts: 5,248 ✭✭✭SCOOP 64

Don't live need me do you so i can walk pass every night.

My lights will go off at midnight and start taking them down tomorrow then back to work Monday after 2 weeks, from the best time of year to the worst weekend of the year, has to be done i suppose (back to work i mean), if this year goes as quick as last years it will only feel like 6 months and ill be back up in the loft again bringing them back down.

Taking the decorations down from the attic I’ve learned is a massively under rated good feels task.

I love it. I’m always so happy for the night after bringing them down.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,007 ✭✭✭gidget

The dreaded day has arrived 😩

First week back at work almost complete too & thankfully a very quiet one, as most aren’t back until Monday.

Lights remain on until midnight, then everything will be dismantled & put away tomorrow.

In order to bring a festive close to the day & give myself a treat for Nollaig Ná Mban, I’ve taken the last of the Christmas desserts out of the freezer (a nice chocolate gateau), to enjoy with a cuppa after dinner & have a few cans of Strawberry Dacquiri’s for later tonight.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,248 ✭✭✭SCOOP 64

ps , so there's no misunderstanding i don't mean watching like this.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,087 ✭✭✭pigtail33

I barely made a dent in my Christmas candle this year, so I'll keep lighting that for the next while. At least I'll still have the smell of Christmas in the air.

This morning was the first time since November that I had my coffee from a non-Christmas mug.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,400 ✭✭✭Aisling(",)

I've gotten the boxes out of the attic.im at a panto tonight but after that I'll be getting stuck in.have to get all my throws and table clothes washed and dry before they go away for another year.

It only takes a few hours but I hate that this is the end of the season.only positive is I want to paint the sitting room so hopefully this will motivate us.

Doh, of course out of season would start tomorrow!

Actually feel alot better now. Hoping it was a mixture of travel and air conditioning, dehydration etc. Have the grocery shop for the week in now too so other than 4 cases of clothes to get sorted can sit back until tomorrow and then de-decorate the house.

Put on half a stone in the 11 days we were away so it's healthy eating and exercise for the next few weeks, I tend to put weight on over the Christmas holidays anyway so it's not a surprise really 😅

"I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

I didn't want to be the first to post in the weight loss thread however I'm sure it will be up and running soon.

I've been 'improving' my eating and exercise since new years, didn't want to go cold turkey (pun intended!) and ease myself into it.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,106 ✭✭✭✭Caranica

• Advertisement

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,559 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

Feck that! It's nobody else's business what you have in your own home. 😁

• Registered Users Posts: 1,784 ✭✭✭Smell the glove

Back to work since Tuesday, have to say it flew. Took down most of the decorations there and only the tree to dismantle now. It's always very sad taking down the decorations but this year was extra poignant as it was our first child's first Christmas. I kept thinking of the time we had together and the dances listening to Christmas songs etc as I had parental leave for most of December. Getting glassy eyes just writing this out. I know (hope) I'll have plenty more Christmas seasons to enjoy with her but I'm just sad this one is over. We got a picture of her "putting" the first decoration on the tree and also got one of her "taking " off the last one. I put the quotations because she's only a few months old ha. I think we will make this a tradition now where she can decide which one goes on first and to where. Anyway roll on November 24th 😃

For anyone feeling a bit down (myself included) ....I do love this quote..."don't be sad it's over, be happy that it happened".

Love that quote. I know it comes from somewhere else before he said it but I first came across it when Ian Brown said it about The Stone Roses. Really does change my perspective on things when I use it.

I feel ya @Smell the glove been taking down decorations all day and such a sad task however does invoke memories of either the Christmas just gone or previous ones.

Have three main trees still up and lit and outside lights on. Am going to sit down and have that sandwich I mentioned earlier beside the main tree. Might even throw on a Christmas movie.

Enjoy the last few hours of the lights (if you taking down tomorrow).

Christmas 2023 will be here before we know it.

Remember to pack away the stuff in an order you'll appreciate when unpacking again later in the year. You'll thank yourself if you take the time to do it properly.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,846 ✭✭✭Cork Lass

This is so true. Anything packed away in haste will be annoying next Christmas, a little bit of effort now will pay massive dividends later.

• Advertisement

Agreed. I’ve been tangle free since 2013…. It’s worth the care now. To make November as stress free and enjoyable as possible.

Advertisement