Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Enoch Burke turns up to school again despite sacking - read OP before posting

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,566 ✭✭✭lawrencesummers

• Registered Users Posts: 23,975 ✭✭✭✭Larbre34

This needs a bench warrant. TODAY.

It is a very poor signal indeed to wider society that someone can be indulged in their contempt of Court, for even an hour, never mind two days.

The Courts in this State operate on OUR behalf, the people. We elect a number of our own to represent our values and legislate accordingly, for the Courts to enforce and to apply precedent in the common good.

This f*** is thumbing his nose at that. He should never have had Christmas release either.

The very best time to rearrest him, was yesterday morning. The second best time, is this minute.

And Wilsons should dismiss him from his post too. This is gross misconduct and a complete disrespect for the procedures of the School.

They cannot show that they are afraid of the legal fantasy football that are his batshit crazy family.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,939 ✭✭✭✭AndrewJRenko

You're the only one that mentioned surgery. Let's put surgery to one side for a moment, and focus on the many trans people who don't have surgery.

What do you mean by saying their belief is 'an error'? Did God not make their minds and their inner belief system? Did God err in creating people who believe they are a different gender?

And please come back on the Genesis question when you have a minute.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,866 ✭✭✭amacca

I take your point I think....

It's just that when a person is on school grounds and they don't have the approval of the school management...and presumably a number of parents should it not be elevated to being a crime or defined as one until all parties have their day in court?

I don't have a clue obviously but if you disobey a civil court order could it then move to being a criminal offence.....clearly I don't have a clue it just strikes me as odd.....has everyonr to this point just obeyed civil court orders? If they don't then who forces them to if they repeatedly ignore and the garda cant intervene....

I know this isn't an introduction to the basics of the Irish legal system thread so apologies if derailing, its not intentional.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators, Regional North Mods, Regional West Moderators, Regional South East Moderators, Regional North East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 8,029 CMod ✭✭✭✭Gaspode

I take no offence. Clearly though you have absolutlel zero knowledge about gender or transgenderism. You're embarrassing yourself.

• Advertisement

Cool, has nothing to do with his suspension though which was given due to his behavior towards the Principal. The reasons for his behavior are his own, its his behavior that is the issue. There are many things in life that one can agree/disagree with for whatever personal stance one may have, but that does not entitle one to behave badly. Such behavior has consequences

• Registered Users Posts: 7,849 ✭✭✭growleaves

People have free will, so God doesn't choose people's beliefs. We can choose what to believe.

God deliberately creates people with free will.

I don't have an answer to your question re Genesis. I'm not sure how literal that is meant to be taken.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,849 ✭✭✭growleaves

I'm not a supporter or trying to justify his behaviour.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,675 ✭✭✭✭blanch152

Is there an example of any teacher in Ireland having been removed from the Teaching Council register on account of their behaviour?

• Registered Users Posts: 40,411 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

If that was an offence the prisons would be overflowing even more than they are now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 39,985 ✭✭✭✭Boggles

I'm not so sure about that.

Trespass with intent is most certainly a criminal offence. Do you think he would be tolerated if showed up in this way at someone's business or private residence. No, he would be arrested.

For the absolute life of me I can not fathom how the powers that be are tolerating this degenerate.

Trespass

It is an offence to trespass in a way that is likely to cause fear in another person. This offence does not include any intent to commit a crime or to interfere with property. A person found guilty of this offence is liable on summary conviction to a Class C fine, or to a maximum term of imprisonment of 12 month, or both.

A Garda can direct anyone they find trespassing in a way that causes, or is likely to cause fear in another person, to stop acting in that way and to immediately leave the area in a peaceable and orderly manner. If the person fails to comply with this direction they are guilty of an offence, unless they have a reasonable excuse or lawful authority not to comply. If you are found guilty of this offence you are liable to a class D fine, or to a maximum term in prison of 6 months, or both.

Again, it's absolutely unbelievable this is happening in a school of all places.

• Registered Users Posts: 46 Mf 265

He is dead right fair play to him

no, you ask some good questions. There is an offence of Criminal Trespass but that requires an intent to cause fear. I dont think that applies to Enoch. As for disobeying the civil it takes a trip back to court to get the judge to issue an arrest warrant. the gardai can then act. There was talk before christmas of the judge charging him with Criminal Contempt which would result in a determinant prison sentence. While this would abate the problem temporarily you can be sure that Burke would be back in the school the day after he is released. the Burkes are a determined bunch.

Section 13 requires an intent to cause fear. I dont think that is his intention and proving it was would be very difficult if not impossible.

Nope. His intent moot.

If his actions are likely to cause fear that is a criminal offence.

It shall be an offence for a person, without reasonable excuse, to trespass on any building or the curtilage thereof in such a manner as causes or is likely to cause fear in another person

The school and BOM have been well and truly abandoned, if it was anyone else they would have dragged out of there and have a criminal conviction by now.

It is absolutely shocking. Again, this is a school

• Registered Users Posts: 9,766 ✭✭✭hynesie08

The school are handling it brilliantly to give themselves an airtight way of sacking the shitehawk, give him a little corner to carry out his little protest and he can't claim a prejudiced outcome (he can and will but legally he'll hold no water)

If he sits silently in an empty classroom, leave him to it, if he tries to reinstate his college homophobia club or verbally berate any of the students or faculty, then eject him from the building with great prejudice.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,210 ✭✭✭Gusser09

Of course it applies to him. I can absolutely tell you now teachers and pupils are very much in fear of what might happen should his views and behavior go unchecked.

It's actually amazing that he is getting inside the door. Bizarre.

You'd imagine the Principal and board are going to use this against him to further strengthen their case for immediate dismissal.

I have full sympathy for the school, but I think they have what they need to fire the scumbag.

It's dragged on far too long, it has to be effecting the children in some way, the children's wellbeing and welfare is paramount. The principal is guarding the corridor for Christ sake, which means she is unable to do what is a pretty busy job at the best of times.

Time for the guards to go in and get him out.

• Advertisement

you're right, i misread. i still dont think his presence is likely to cause fear.

his behaviour is sitting in a corridor under the supervision of the principal. if you are so close to the event that you know it is causing fear to yourself or others then call the gardai and make a complaint.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,766 ✭✭✭hynesie08

Remember, he's trying to get the disciplinary hearing blocked by the courts, ending up back in prison would actually help the pile of ballsweat.

• Registered Users Posts: 732 ✭✭✭French Toast

Greatest mistake ever made by the school in employing him in the first place.

5 minutes Googling "Burkes, Galway" would throw up enough red flags.

It's trespass 101.

The Guards claiming it's a civil matter is absolute bonkers.

trespass on its own is not a criminal offence.

Ah lads. FFS. I think it's blatantly clear that if the Principal has to guard him he must be considered some sort of danger.

What he is doing is criminal trespass.

All it takes is one Guard to make the call that his presence is distressing and cuffs on. Out of there.

The hearing can go on without him. He just needs to be notified in writing.

The BOM can also take the decision to close the school if they deem it unsafe.

Again the Dept. and Guards should be all over this. Its bonkers.

He has shown he is erratic and violent, but yet he is allowed trespass in a school he is banned from.

It makes zero sense.

Even the accusation he levelled at several judges would have seen him charged with criminal content.

But no, he is getting special treatment for some absolute bizarre reason.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,876 ✭✭✭bokale

Why is he under the supervision of the principal in a corridor?

Sounds like they are concerns about him being in the building then no?

Advertisement