Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Car insurance - tell us your quotes/renewals

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,770 ✭✭✭youngblood

Is it policy for 123.ie to not engage with any further discounts than what they list on the renewal?

They specifically say do not ring ie. Via Phone it's this price, online its XXX price.

I rang anyways and they didnt budge. It ended up being the cheapest unfortunately but always looked for forward to them knocking a few quid off the renewal.

Something must have changed with 123

• Registered Users Posts: 9,005 ✭✭✭CoBo55

Yea, it's winter flood time, time for the motorist to refill the coffers of the household claims.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,926 ✭✭✭Andrea B.

Hi.

An Post can not give me even ballpark charged for adding L drivers for a day or longer.

123 have changed rules and are now charging a minimum of 27 per shot.

Has anyone experience of charges for adding L drivers for 1 day periods with an post?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,926 ✭✭✭Andrea B.

Would not budge for me + told me the "reduced" quote was for online renewal, so I would have to go that route.

Fairly sickened by the lot of them being given the public to milk.

• Registered Users Posts: 485 ✭✭septicsac

Renewal time ...161 auto Skoda Superb 2.0 D

AIG renewal 353.10, which is up from 345.10 last yr, with limited work driving covered, fully comp, no points, penalties, Full no claims 10+ yrs.

Called them to ask for reason for increase and was told insurance is dearer this yr, that despite all the work in bringing claims down.

priced one other firm but they were considerably dearer, will probably stick with AIG, as it includes golf cover for clubs etc

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,647 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

Anyone know is a 14 day cooling off period mandatory across all insurers? And if you cancel can they only charge you for X days of insurance or do they lump on a hefty admin fee for doing so as well?

My renewal off is 506 euro with Chill. So far the closest Ive found is Axa at 550, might be able to get that down further with the 10% discount Credit Union offer, will ring them to find out. All the others I have tried are an absolute joke

-Its4Women 768 and it doesnt include road assist

-Alliianz 934

-123ie 958

-Bank of Ireland 1,235

-An Post 1,173

Any suggestions of who else I could try? Im been driven around the bend spending time filling out online forms then for it to come back with a quote of over a grand.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,645 ✭✭✭Wildly Boaring

AIG and Quote devil my cheapest over last 10 years

• Registered Users Posts: 485 ✭✭septicsac

Another for AIG, beaten everyone for past 4/5 yrs for myself, wife and house insurance.

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭pluto_322

Sending details of my premiums with RSA through Bank of Ireland over the past four years.

2019                      €398.01

2020                      €425.47

2021                      €468.02

2022                      €468.01

2023                      €751.07 (Renewal Notice)

I haven't been given any logical explanation for the 61% increase this year.

NB. I am driving the same vehicle since 2018 with the same level of cover and have full no claims bonus.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,839 ✭✭✭CrowdedHouse

211 BMW 330D (2993cc) Comp with protected NCD, last year €540

Zurich renewal €675

AXA €750

Allianz €676

AIG €674

123 €590

Liberty €645.....fella called and offered me a further 5% off

FBD €535

Aviva €418......cleared, started from scratch...double checked....same number and bought!

Seven Worlds will Collide

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,645 ✭✭✭Wildly Boaring

• Registered Users Posts: 5,246 ✭✭✭SCOOP 64

This is worrying , i am with RSA Bank of Ireland, similar to yours gone up abit the last 4 years but €468 to €751!, my insurance is up 17th January so waiting for renewal quote.

My problem will be to get quotes on my car being a 1998 that's why I've stayed with Bank of Ireland for years.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,519 ✭✭✭ILikeBoats

123.ie just sent me 50 euro All4One card because I went with them this year.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

Fúckers, I'm with them years and they never sent me anything ever except a renewal each year.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 whymewhynow

aviva 478 renewal

called them & got it to 436

is there any chance of another reduction with a second call?

I've quotes of 373 with allianz, 355 with fbd, 292 with its4w. Want to stay with aviva really to get the young fella going next year... will i have to suck it up?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,005 ✭✭✭CoBo55

With a 292 figure in your hand I'd be ringing them back, that's a great price.

Renewed my one last week with Aviva, €430 down to €380, told them i got quote with Axe , they matched it .

But that quote for €292, doubt they will match that.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,060 ✭✭✭Sexual Chocolate

With Bank of Ireland about 4 years. This year quote is about 500 more from 650 last year. And is the only company who has quoted me over 1000 so far. Will be shopping around properly next week but so far is seems Axa and 123.ie are front runners.

Our second car is with Bank of Ireland (RSA) a old 98 Astra G, been with them a while as its hard to get quotes on old cars, just renewed yesterday , €490 renewal quote ,after telephone conversation down to €430, thought it might be more this year as others also have received hikes with RSA.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,686 ✭✭✭Signore Fancy Pants

This years renewal, no vehicle change, no accidents etc.

Renewal with Allianz is up €5.68 LOL

• Advertisement

The way it was put to me regarding my increase was supposedly something to do with a law that came in last July about insurance companies not rewarding customers already with them when it comes to renewal time so as to give other companies an equal opportunity. Biggest load of bollocks I've ever heard.

It also annoys me as well that nobody is willing to take into account that I have a Ghost fitted to the car 🤷‍♂️

2017 Focus ST TDCi

Fully comp Bank of Ireland prestige policy.

With them since 2019

20,21 & 22 prices have all ranged between 615 - 653 with the latter being the most recent figure. BOI actually tells you on renewal the previous prices.

This year's renewal......€1039. Yep a 60% increase.

Was adviced to get a quote via the sales team and that was €1004.

After some shopping around I've got the following :

All quotes at the very minimum require full NCB protection.

FBD €920 (Sales person was adament I wouldn't do better 😂)

Chill €773 (Axa)

123.ie €770

AA €845

GoSetGo €795

Aviva €845

An Post €864

Liberty €579 and €735 with customized options

GMIB €715 (axa) was higher before phone call

Axa €780 then €685 after phone call

Cover in a click €615 (Axa)

Going to see if Axa are willing to match the cover in a click quote considering it's their own as well. Only difference seems to be driving of other cars is fully comp with Axa themselves. See what happens but either way my middle finger goes to Bank of Ireland. 🖕🏼

There's a few more to contact but First Ireland will be avoided altogether regardless of price.

• Registered Users Posts: 723 ✭✭✭JIdontknow

My BOI Car Insurance Renewal also gone up approx. 55-60%. New customer quote gets it down (There doesn't seem to be a problem with this, I did it last year or the year before and they transferred the documents across) but still a little higher than last years premium. So far Allianz seems to be the cheapest but still shopping around.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,062 ✭✭✭Roberto_gas

Are there any online discount codes ever for aviva or its just thr for SHOW !

• Registered Users Posts: 5,385 ✭✭✭ofcork

Got my renewal from chill 502 practically same as last year rang a few others and did a few online nothing close,51yo full licenceno claims 3 points 2012 2l avensis.How are some people geting quotes in the 300/400 bracket??

• Registered Users Posts: 184 ✭✭on_the_roots

License: 4y Full Irish

NCB: 4y

Car: 2017 Lexus NX300h

• Its4Women (AIG): 627,00 (renewal offer)
    • GetSetGo (AIG): 667,00 (no cover for driving other cars)
    • AnPost: 705,00 (Comp + StepBack) or 739,00 (Full NCB protection)
    • FBD: 780,00 (Comp + StepBack) or 564,00 (3rd party only)
    • Whoops.ie: 1117,00 
    • Bestquote.ie: 1132.91
    • SuperValu: 1136,00
    • Quote Devil (AXA): 1234,00
    • Aviva: 1266.60
    • AIB: 1310,00
    • AA: 1317,00
    • Chill.ie (AXA): 1401,00
    • 123.ie: 1715,00 

Went for a renewal with Its4Women, basically same price from previous year. A bit frustrating I couldn't get any better from any quote, despite no claims at all, but was the best I could get.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,841 ✭✭✭jeffk

Changed from a 2012 VW Golf to a 181 Toyota Auris and Champion charged me E169 because its a more expensive car (E570 for the year so almost 1/4)

Checked BOI just too see and a year with them is E584, wheres Champion is now E740

• Registered Users Posts: 5,841 ✭✭✭jeffk

Phonecall today to say because from 1.2 to 1.8 as well

Funny enough the 1.2 was a turbo and like a rocket compared too the 1.8 with all the safety etc stuff

• Registered Users Posts: 234 ✭✭easyvision

2022 Golf GTD, 4 years no claims discount, 1 claim in 2019 (added partner reduces prices a bit)

Cheapest so far is Aviva 426, next is 490 (with AXA - renewal is 570 with same details, thought this was outlawed?) Rang up AXA, they will not budge on the 490 price inc breakdown. I said I got cheaper with Aviva by 70, didnt want to know me, goodbye! Yet I hear of insurance companies manually adjusting prices for people, in all my years that Ive asked no insurance company will ever match a quote i get even by 50, dunno what Im doing wrong.....

Id like to stick with AXA for the 4c off a litre in Circle K

Everyone else is 200-800 dearer. Tried most of them, Liberty, Zurich, AIG, Allianz, FBD (wont quote online - I know it will be dearer, same for An post), Its 4women, Kennco, AIB insurance

If anyone has a Aviva discount code for online let me know ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,435 ✭✭✭boardise

Does anyone know if accepting a larger excess ( say 600 instead of 300 ) would reduce the premium by much -if at all ?

Footnote- Last year got insurance with RSA for 415 .This year I got a spread of quotes through Chill -RSA were the dearest at 1548 ..same everything.

How can this make any sense ?

Advertisement