Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Random Wrestling Thoughts (Part 2)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 38,461 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Will the McMahons and Triple H feck off when WWE is sold to whoever ???

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

Depends on who it wounds up being sold too, if it actually does wind up being sold.

• Registered Users Posts: 926 ✭✭✭Icaras

I assume the Saudi's are high on the list, WWE have been trying to build that relationship for a few years.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,195 ✭✭✭✭B.A._Baracus

Only my two cents... but not at the start.

A company wiling to pay the pretty penny wwe are asking would have to realise you need people with a wrestling background running things.

Thing is Triple h and Stephanie etc would just become like Paul Hayman or Bruce Pritchard. People who are in charge of things but easily replaced and they would at a certain point.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,464 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Man, seeing WWE and Man United being sold to Saudis, or at least the middle east, within such a short time frame would be a trip.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

I can see United being sold first, as the Raine group in charge of selling them on behalf of the Glazer family, are targeting a full sale in the first quarter of 2023.

WWE, who knows when they'll be sold.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,182 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Is Wyatt one of the most selfish wrestlers ever?

Not on the tier of Hogan and HHH at his worst but it's so annoying how wrestlers have to bow to his absolute bollocks storylines. If you're in a storyline with him, what do you get out of it? You have to act scared of him while he gets to self-indulge in his done-to-death "horror" tropes.

He ruined Rollins for a period and now Knight, one of the very few wrestlers around who has a bit of cool factor to him, is waist deep in Wyatt's shíte. God, he annoys me.

I get what you're saying. You wouldn't see triple h acting scared sh*tless but its just about the paycheck at the end of the day.

The same could be said about the undertaker in the early 90s before he got that legendary status. Wrestling a guy who wouldn't sell.

Ahh it what it is.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,530 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

It would be ok if there was some sort of rub from appearing in a feud with him but the layers upon layers of wrestlecrap now added with all of Wyatt's stuff is just mad. Uncle Howdy, puppets, the random door and flickering lights and throw in Alexa somewhere in the middle of it all and it's just woeful. Has gone beyond the so bad it's good to "why is this shite on my screen every week"

• Registered Users Posts: 31,718 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

It's very irritating alright... and doesn't make any sense. Like, this return he's always been; "This is me as you've never seen me... this is just the regular ol' Bray Wyatt with all my insecurites and issues blah blah blah"... ok then Bray, why are you coming out of a spooky door, with your little lamp and everything then? Like, to make more sense his own entrance should've been more understated, with the spooky elements being reserved for the 'evil' characters. Though I'd say Bray's ego wouldn't ever let him do anything understated.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,805 ✭✭✭hynesie08

I read somewhere that when he re-signed, Reigns basically just said "nope" and I wish more lads had the balls to do that. Imagine having to completely trust Bray Wyatt's vision of what pro wrestling should be.

Going through a box of old DVDs/BR and found this that I got autographed by the Shield back in November 2013 in one of the Smyths instore signings. Who knew how big all 3 would be in the Wrestling World 10 years on. Doubt it worth much

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,746 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

I'm not sure if I agree with the feeling re: LA Knight and Wyatt.

Since being called up to the main roster he has been managing maximum male models... Going against Bray despite the loss has been a huge step up as it gave him loads of promo time in a high profile position to make him stand out to WWE (non NXT) fans who will now probably be eager to see him going forward in other feuds, ones he might win.

In short: Not everyone likes Wyatt's spooky bollix storytelling but it's a step up the card for Knight and a better chance to showcase himself than he had been getting for sure.

Anyone sign up to Wreste crate ??

Signed up on a whim and stuck with the Feb box now. Doubt much/if any WWE stuff will be included

Asuka's new look is fantastic.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,931 ✭✭✭Cherry_Cola

So spoiled with my local promotion! Should be a good one tonight.

Wrestling and non wrestling related

Do you think wrestlers/players prefer to have shows in the west coast of the US due to the time difference. You'd probably be able to make a real night of it as the show/game will be over earlier than say been in New York

TV tapings etc be starting at 5pm , are the school and working hours different in the West Coast ??

• Registered Users Posts: 29,135 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

I didn't know Tyler Breeze was back in WWE as a trainer in the PC. Just saw that last night.

Here is an interesting question.... How many professional wrestlers do you think there are in the world right now?

I got bored and decided to try get some sort of an answer as it's something you cant Google! So CageMatch.net lists 26,611 wrestlers but that's not accurate as it lists people who are long out of wrestling and not to mention that while it's good it's not 100% on every single thing.

But let's use cagematch for what it IS accurate on. So last Saturday the 18th of February it lists 85 different promotions through out the world that had events on that night. So average card usually has 7/8 matches... usually 6/7 singles with 1 to 2 tags (depending on the show) so on average we're talking 16 wrestlers per show. 16 x 85 = 1,360 wreslters. Yes some might have worked double duty but there's also battle royales.

Here's the kicker: Not every promotion in the world ran a show last saturday, not every wrestler associated with a promotion was booked, it is believed there are a crap ton on indies in the likes of mexico and japan that are not on cagematch, there's alot of wrestlers who only get booked every few months, there's more wrestling schools than ever before etc. So what is a realistic number? 3,000? 5,000?

• Registered Users Posts: 40,015 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

This horse **** is why some people have a low opinion of wrestling. Firstly why is the ref lighting the guy on fire ? And when these eijits do light themselves on fire, they seem to never have a fire extinguisher near by. Also, after all that the guy missed the table.

Post edited by Itssoeasy on

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,414 ✭✭✭Riddle101

^^^ Idiots, but the fans are also bad for chanting holy s*it as well. That didn't warrant a reaction like that.

Would the Territories have survived on there own if WWF/WCW were never created and merged a lot of them ??

Mad what they can do with Create-a-Wrestler these days.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,830 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Anyone watching this? Trailer looks decent!

Looks good, can't say I've ever heard of the monster factory

Seems like Everyone and everything is getting a streamed series these days

Watched the latest OSW episode and saw Consequences Creed. Xavier Woods has been around forever and is still only 36. Crazy.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,783 Mod ✭✭✭✭riffmongous

Daivari is also only 38 (!) apparently. There's so many people from that PPV still going, TNA had an incredible roster back then

• Registered Users Posts: 2,931 ✭✭✭Cherry_Cola

Wasn't sure where else to put this but a few friends and I are now involved in promoting metal/wrestling events in Portland and will be expanding it here in Seattle also.

First show was a sell out a few months back with local talent mostly but the next show we will have Lince Dorado and Alan Angels. June is looking great too and we have Black Taurus booked so far!

Any indie dream matches people are interested in - let me know and I'll see what I can do! Shows are called Metalmania, highlights of the first show here: https://www.instagram.com/p/CoqoBRzPVVy/

Amazing fun!

Seeing all the package tours of Mania

Financially, mentally and physically would not be able for it ha

Big respect for those who do it, I'd need the strongest sleeping pill going to be able for it all

• Advertisement

Some wrestling trivia for you:

It was Greg the Hammer Valentine that got Alundra Blaze her job back in the day. The wwf were wanting to revitalise the womens division and Valentine went to bat for her. It is also alluded to Greg was knocking boots with her.

Advertisement