Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Garden planning / design - Recommendations?

Options
  • 23-05-2022 10:30am
    Registered Users Posts: 383 ✭✭

I have small garden on slope and would like to get started on a transformation. Since the current state is a bit adventurous, involving multiple levels -- so it is not only about placing plants, it is also about structure (garden walls, filling up of land, etc.) -- I feel that a design would help to not overlook possible potential and gain a few ideas.

Can you recommend a garden designer who would be up for such a job? I live in Kildare.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 383 ✭✭ampleforth

• Registered Users Posts: 1,158 ✭✭✭wildwillow

I did a new garden a few years ago and got three designers to draw plans, each for a fee. Not one listened to my requirements or took my ideas on board. I'm an experienced gardener but wanted someone to elaborate and fine tune my wishes. I did not want a water feature as there is an existing stream at the bottom of the garden, and I have had experience of bothersome garden ponds and other water features.

Each one designed their own garden on my site, adding the obligatory water feature and patio.

Finally did my own design and oversaw the construction and implementation of the hard landscaping. I was easily able to plant it to my own requirements and it has been a great success.

Caragh Nurseries do a design service.

• Registered Users Posts: 383 ✭✭ampleforth

Thank you so much for sharing. Much appreciated :)

Advertisement