Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Things dat Trivyully Annoy You (part whatever) *MOD WARNING IN OP* NEW

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,387 ✭✭✭✭Sardonicat

People who just don't listen, even though they are supposed to be following your instructions. Even as you're outlining the plan of action they just have a fixed idea in their heads of how they're going to do things and charge in like a bull in a china shop and cause chaos and additional work.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,093 ✭✭✭Bredabe

The people who know I'm working from chair while using two separate machines and have my phone within reach,

Forcing me to sit up(sore back) take the laptop off my lap, disconnect the scanner and hobble over to the phone which is not the one an inch away from me.

"Have you ever wagged your tail so hard you fell over"?-Brod Higgins.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,940 ✭✭✭✭anewme

I was in my Mams today and a repeat of Masked Singer was on.

There was a person dressed as a ghost(white sheet) wearing a red pair of wellington boots singing a drifters song complete with backing singers/dancers etc.

Come home and it’s on again, there has just been a baked potato, complete with a wedge of butter on his head and a shirt of baked Beans and a foil suit. He is singing Elvis, Viva Las Vegas.

I find this trivially annoying.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,357 ✭✭✭✭lawred2

find that show to be the definition of puerile

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,776 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

"But I followed your instructions to the letter and it didn't work"

"Did you do a, b, c and added d?"

"Sure why would I. A is stupid, b was superfluous and c would have taken too much time. And I couldn't find d".

"Why didn't you ask me?"

"I didn't think it necessary. Besides, I followed your instructions to the letter, but, like I said, it didn't work".

🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬

Post edited by New Home on

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,893 ✭✭✭micar

The Masked Singer is truly awful.

I cannot stand Jonathan Ross and Davina McCall 

• Registered Users Posts: 18,685 ✭✭✭✭gormdubhgorm

Missed the end of my broadband contract. So last months bill was double and a bit more. I basically robbed myself because I was not on the ball.

Guff about stuff, and stuff about guff.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

Anyone else getting Israeli shít shown to them by Facebook? I noticed it the past while but today I started blocking them and I'm still getting different page Israeli shít. I will see tomorrow. Hopefully the algorithm will realise I do not want to see such shít.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,939 ✭✭✭✭Leg End Reject

That programme was devised, produced and directed by trolls.

There is no other rational explanation.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,821 ✭✭✭PsychoPete

The tap in the kitchen started dripping today. All day hearing *drip* *drip* *f*****' drip*

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,776 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

Tie a string to the tap, long enough to touch the base of the sink. That way it'll act like a gutter and you won't have to put up with the noise until you can get a plumber out.

Easier option is just put a sponge in the sink where the water is dripping.

You'll still hear the "Splish! Splish! Splish!" when the sponge is saturated, though.

Not really I had a leaking tap for about a year and even a scrubber stops the noise when left under the drip.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,313 ✭✭✭✭blade1

• Registered Users Posts: 3,815 ✭✭✭NewbridgeIR

@PsychoPete Pity you didn’t post that at 10.15

• Registered Users Posts: 25,299 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

had a lovely dinner, sit down to watch the snooker , quickly check social media, the first post I see is grim footage of the inside of a hotel I’ve dined in then cuts to the outside, about 40 - 50 Gardai , regular, public order and armed units called to deal with members of a certain indigenous ethnic minority group who have become troublesome…

must be nice for a young person or any person turning up for a quiet Sunday evening shift in a nice hotel only to be faced with what I’ve seen… enough Gardai to police a football match ffs…

all because certain people disbelieve that rules apply to them.

• Registered Users Posts: 450 ✭✭RickBlaine

The manufacturers of prepacked sandwiches that put most of the fillings at the front inch of the sandwich so that it is visible from the packet and then leaves the rest of the sandwich almost empty are deceptive scumbags.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 60,110 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Worse again the wraps sold with full wrap visiblr through plastic on the ends but cardboard covering inches of void in the middle

• Registered Users Posts: 13,941 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

Yeah. And what makes Davina mcCcall and Jonathan Ross as people who can judge singers??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 30,491 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

People who consider these types of trousers/pants with drawstrings as formal/dressy.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,299 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

What's happening in Brazil.... so many peoples brains infected by this absolute poxbottle cretin Jair Bolsonaro... they storm congress, attack police. some ideals of 'democracy' ... scum..

• Registered Users Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭madmaggie

Snotty stuffy snuffly head, sinus pain, aching all over. It's going to be a great week 😟

• Registered Users Posts: 3,135 ✭✭✭oneweb

A gazzillion times worse are lads wearing formal-style trousers with visible ankles 🤮 Generally, any sort of trousers which show just ankles (I shall decree that just above/below knee is fine) should be banished!

It is what it's.

TV and news presenters playing around with Tinder on their phones just before they're thrown to by their colleague in the studio.

It is what it's.

Christmas lights boxes that are so tightly-packed in the factory you've got absolutely feck all hope of ever putting the lights back into once they've been used 🤬

It is what it's.

Local coffee shop owner's such a tight wagon that you won't get the re-usable cup discount if you use the loyalty card 🙄

She put the extra 20c charge on as soon as it was mentioned. And I heard recently that there are plans to tax disposable cups - whuuuttt??

It is what it's.

I get you. This is a look I think very few people can pull off and they don't know when it's appropriate.

Take for instance a suntanned fella get married on a beach on a sunny island and wears a light suit for a very casual ceremony could look fine.

Whilst in Ireland a fella wears a dark suit, black shoes whilst showing off his pasty white ancles outside the local church on a wet Irish day. Won't look good at all.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,259 ✭✭✭Archeron

One of the reporters on Rte news there taking the whole stupid posh Orrr Tree Eee accent to an extreme.

Talking about Naas winning the award from the Irish Business against litter group, or IBAL. Of course the A in that has to be Rte version, so instead of saying IBAL, she was saying eyeball.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement