Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The Apprentice UK 2023

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,617 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

Jack Dee is a brilliant comedian but was totally unsuited to a role where his job was to promote something, it contradicts his comedic personality.

Back to this week, as McFly85 said, it's usually a PM who goes. Must have been more to the bickering than we saw in 'highlights'.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,697 ✭✭✭✭Galwayguy35

The women turned on each other like a pack of wolves when the task was lost.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,271 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

I vaguely remember that similar happened the last few years.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 7,544 Mod ✭✭✭✭yerwanthere123

Doesn't this happen every week, on like every single task as soon as they know they've lost? 😅

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,164 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

Agreed Emma needed to go, complete disrupter with her fake lips I can see why sugar wanted her gone. Apparently a senior accountant so would be interesting to see what firm she's with as it's not a good advert for that company.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,512 ✭✭✭✭fullstop

She comes across as an absolute tool.

some of the scenes are very contrived…the tour group questions and reactions about the cannon couldn’t have looked more rehearsed if they tried. Also, what’s with the ridiculous lips and eyebrows on most of the women this year….there’s a couple every year, but this year…fcuk me.

• Registered Users Posts: 714 ✭✭✭al87987

Not an accountant, account exec at Datadog judging by her Linkedin, only started in Sep 22, worked in recruitment for Indeed before that.

I don't think she deserved to go but she wouldn't have lasted too much longer with her attitude.

The losing of the task was the beach selection, I can't believe they dismissed the Harbour so easily "Everybody sells there, too much competition". Everybody clearly sells there for a reason, that's like saying you don't want to sell your food brand at the Supermarket because they sell other foods there too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,518 ✭✭✭✭ArmaniJeanss

Short interviews with Suicre and Brady in The Guardian.

I actually thought this was satire for the first few paragraphs, he comes across much worse than I expected.

Alan Sugar on making The Apprentice: ‘If I was a candidate, I’d win every time’ | The Apprentice | The Guardian

• Advertisement

This phone call saying be ready in 20 mins is rubbish, the lads wouldn't even have showered and suited up in that length of time let alone the women.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,242 ✭✭✭TheRiverman

Claude unwell and will not be on any more episodes of this series.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,422 ✭✭✭✭salmocab

I didn’t see last week, was the task related to bad Botox jobs on lips?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,299 ✭✭✭tanko

They’re horrific looking alrite, they can’t count either.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 227 ✭✭Ryano87

Jaysus.... They were tough on the Irish this year!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 800 ✭✭✭SeeMoreBut

Doesnt want to give money to Ireland. Brad I thought should have gone

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 227 ✭✭Ryano87

Genuinely thought Kevin did well in the board room. Bad firing

That’s a shocker of a decision, think Suicre might not like a certain nationality.

They say the cars will be outside in 20 mins.

They never say anything about the car leaving in 20 mins.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,381 ✭✭✭Man Vs ManUre

So I wonder what time do the drivers get called??

• Advertisement

Utterly terrible firing. Corporate sale on the mens team was abysmal and cost them the task, hands down. They could easily have sold more and at a higher price.

Lord Sugar claims that its Kevins at fault for selling the bao buns too cheap despite the fact that even if they sold at the girls prices, they'd still have lost. Staggering.

Also, the frequency of people claiming they "smashed it" is becoming so irritating. Communication skills are so poor for so many of them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,413 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

Very unusual for the losing project manager to survive losing the first two tasks.

Feels like the wrong decision was made again this week.

Meanwhile, am I alone in having never heard of bao buns before this episode?! I'd consider myself reasonably well knowledged about food, but these completely passed me by.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 956 ✭✭✭GAAcailin

Last nights episode was woeful, thought firing Kevin was unfair but the whole episode was abysmal. The series is making fools out of the participants.

Used to like the episode where they were given a list of 5 obscure items and have to hare around London to get them - they haven't done that in a few years, probably cause there is no sponsorship / product placement. I know they used COVID as an excuse but that can't be valid now

If one of the women just took out their phone they could have calculated what they needed in seconds.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,357 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

I am pretty sure they aren't allowed to do that.

They are only allowed to use phones to call each other for a set amount of time/time slot for the show.

Otherwise they would just look up things in the shopping task week for example "what is oud?"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,357 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

The candidates/contestants insane laughing at sugars pre ready comedy lines is wearing very thin.

Not a great series so far no idea why Kevin went this week.

The dodgy lips are a distraction, I think the girls team leader this week was really good and she was decent week one as well.

Bit harsh on the Irish lad to go. The PM should have gone.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,401 ✭✭✭AyeGer

I followed Sugar for a while on twitter, he comes across as a spiteful petty man. Who knows what his real motivation was for getting rid of the two Irish participants so quickly.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,436 ✭✭✭FAILSAFE 00

I get the impression Shannon was only on the show to get a bit of PR for her business. It already had a £1 million valuation.

Her exit seemed very planned for max PR.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 83,708 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

I don't know if it's just me or if anyone else thinks the best of the best candidates in this show were in the first 5 or so series. The candidates knew the cost of stuff and the profit that could be made and how to negotiate a deal with someone, be that a candidate with experience working market stalls or trading shares in the city.

I'd imagine a lot of that is rose tinted glasses, if anything it's the editing has changed to start making them a bit more clueless.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,315 ✭✭✭Deeec

I agree. The candidates now seem to be selected based on their looks. Very few of them have any business sense and most of their businesses are rubbish. The fools are selected for entertainment value now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,725 ✭✭✭StupidLikeAFox

Same - had to unfollow him, he spent a lot of time bickering with 1. Pierce Morgan and 2. Random accounts who had 100 followers who left some comment he didn't like

It can’t be on looks, unless the producers have a fetish for bad Botox.

the candidates are definitely not near the quality in the past, there was always a few duffers but they got weeded out early. Now the duffers make the interviews.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,401 ✭✭✭AyeGer

I unfollowed Morgan too, just a mouth who contradicts himself regularly.

When the teams are mixed, they should bring back the blondie from Northern Ireland who won it a few years ago, who has a Botox/Fillers business. The task can be selecting and applying new fillers, Botox, boob jobs and Brazilian butt lifts to the women contestants who are still left. The lads can judge the results. Lads Lads Lads….

Agreed there's some awful fake lips this year, what are these women thinking, they just look ridiculous.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,242 ✭✭✭TheRiverman

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,512 ✭✭✭✭fullstop

Knew the project manager would survive that. He’s a knob in the mould of a joey Essex so they'll keep him as long as possible. I’m sure it’s pure coincidence that ‘Lord’ 🙄 sugar has fired both Irish in the first two weeks…always seems to manage to get them out early. As others have alluded to, he’s revealed his true self on twitter the last couple of years.

Don't think there's any conspiracy theory here tbh. Terrible firings happen on every series of The Apprentice, the two Irish contestants were simply unlucky to fall victim to it this year. There's been plenty of great Irish contestants down through the years who've made it far on the show, Kristina Grimes of course being the best all the way back in 2007.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,836 ✭✭✭Trampas

Amazing they happen to be all sitting together in the same row on both sides

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 9,026 Mod ✭✭✭✭mewso

The usual awe inspiring team names as expected.

• Is it just me or are these contestants lacking common sense and creativity in a big way!?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 9,026 Mod ✭✭✭✭mewso

2-4 year olds would do better

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,725 ✭✭✭StupidLikeAFox

Surprised the girls didn't go for team Allergan

Yer one is like a broken record with the inclusivity stuff.

Its only a bloody cartoon.

Some lookalikes I spotted this evening......

Well that was boring, dozed off for a good bit but looked like the team leader should have gone.

what was the point in him turning up at the house at the end? It added nothing. Thought we were in for something out of left field like someone from the other team getting gone or some sort of rule breaking but no just an your off to Brighton at some stage soon.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,518 ✭✭✭✭ArmaniJeanss

The Hero of Antigua cruelly despatched 2 tasks later. I think all 3 firings have been wrong so far.

Pretty uninteresting episode. Think I always struggle the first time the teams are 'mixed', as I still don't know who is who yet.

And yay, the usual 5 minutes of screen-time wasted on utterly pointless market research happening too late for it to lead to any changes.

• Advertisement
Advertisement