Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Tommy Tiernan Show Thread - Mod warning, see OP

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 11,466 Mod ✭✭✭✭Say Your Number

Saw an ad for 'Tommy Tiernan's Epic West'

Looks like it's him wandering around the west, he was in serious contemplative form in the ad.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 11,466 Mod ✭✭✭✭Say Your Number

Saw an ad on RTE, he's back the 7th January

• Registered Users Posts: 14,965 ✭✭✭✭elperello

Good man Tommy.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,009 ✭✭✭Shelga

Roy and Tommy in a beard off 🤣

Would love if this interview was an hour long.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24,048 ✭✭✭✭Larbre34

It was amusing seeing Tommy's face say 'deadly' and 'oh ****' all in one expression, when he heard Roy Keane's name.

Roy was looking at the European lads thinking they were soft for not playing when they'd a slight injury, after he retired and the pain he suffered he thought they were right.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,805 ✭✭✭take everything

I dunno why Keane says he wasn't a good player technically. And why Tommy doesn't pull him up on that.

I think he underestimates himself (and I don't think it's false modesty).

• Registered Users Posts: 4,018 ✭✭✭lukin

There's a strong possibility Tommy will ask Roy an inappropriate question I feel.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,324 ✭✭✭✭castletownman

For such a legend of the game, he has no airs or graces or bullshite about him.

Absolutely love the man.

• Advertisement

Tommy going for a Freud look.

Roy's beard is a decent beard.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,960 ✭✭✭tabby aspreme

Tommy starting to resemble David Norris, with the look he has

He doesn't like the existential, wistful questions Tommy is coming out with.

I had a feeling tommys ego would expand for this series, I’m right .

Also the laugh track is annoying 😂

• Registered Users Posts: 984 ✭✭✭Still stihl waters 3

Tommy is too deep for Roy

• Registered Users Posts: 16,038 ✭✭✭✭AMKC
    Ms

Great interview with Roy.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

• Registered Users Posts: 202 ✭✭Rescue Remedy

Keane is box office and he can play an audience. But he's intelligent and you had 20min of 'brand Keane' there. The fella who said he'd never work in media..look at him now. He knows how to stay relevant. For example he doesn't give 2 fcuks about gay rights in Qatar.

But he's a tough bast*rd and has done a lot of harm to a lot of people, in many ways over the years.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,018 ✭✭✭lukin

Am I mistaken or is this the first time an audience has been present for this show?

That Eir ad is a rip off of the small girl asking questions in the Animaniacs.

• Registered Users Posts: 202 ✭✭Rescue Remedy

Tommy Tiernan looks very old for 53 I think. The grandfather glasses etc.

• Advertisement

• Registered Users Posts: 9,766 ✭✭✭lertsnim

Roy would hate Allen Iverson.

He's no angel but I find him an interesting character. I'd like if Tommy broached stuff like Alfie Haaland, Saipan, Qatar but it would take skill to do so. I wonder has his views changed over the years. He seems a more relaxed character now and Id be interested to see if that comes with self-reflection on such topics.

Probably not going to hear it in this interview but very interesting character, if nothing else just for what he has achieved by his driven nature.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,577 ✭✭✭RINO87

Keano has some presence, the audience not sure when to laugh.

"Look up to the senior players and the way they treat the staff" Ledgend.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,048 ✭✭✭✭Larbre34

• Registered Users Posts: 16,038 ✭✭✭✭AMKC
    Ms

Ye he looks like he is in his 70s. Must be all the stress lol.

Saying that my Dad is in his 70s and looks great for his age.

Is this the first time an interview with one person has gone on this long do? I think it is.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,052 ✭✭✭sully123

That halland bit shows the limitations of this spontaneous format. Tommy not in a position to push back on Roy's versions of events

• Registered Users Posts: 14,503 ✭✭✭✭Arghus

Roy has been right on the edge a few times during the interview. Thought the Haaland question could have gone either way.

Seems to be loosening up now.

• Advertisement

Get him to cry Tommy!!

Advertisement