Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Moving abroad renting my home

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 491 ✭✭SwimClub

Corporate short term letting has an exemption to that permission, unless that changed with the recent registration legislation but I doubt it would have.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,759 ✭✭✭C3PO

Either sell it or leave it empty - my tuppance worth!

• Registered Users Posts: 287 ✭✭dennis72

If you rent the house it will be an indefinite tenancy after 6 months further risks ahead in this market

So better to sell with vacant occupancy

Market not going anywhere 2023

Enjoy your time abroad with no worries of left behind property

You can have a rented council house and rent a room and on the dole.

But rules are strict if you own and pay a mortgage taking opportunities working abroad.

Note it takes 3 years to attain non res status.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 22,375 CMod ✭✭✭✭Pawwed Rig

No it doesn't. It takes 3 years to lose NON ordinarily resident status. If the OP left today they would be non resident in 2023. There is a massive difference between residence and ordinary residence.

Advertisement