Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Celtic FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2024/25

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,296 ✭✭✭✭A Dub in Glasgo

Ange got out of jail there, some baffling selection decisions. I can only assume that is the last game Juranovic played for Celtic as his heart or head is not in it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,532 ✭✭✭crossman47

Out of jail indeed. Jota made a difference but Tavanier was probably tired from chasing Maeda. Carlton Vickers excellent and Johnson looks a good one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,046 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

Fair result overall.

Lot of sloppy passing today.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,322 ✭✭✭RoryMac

Draw is a decent result for us, keeps the 9 point lead and Rangers need a near miracle to claw us back

Probably lucky to get anything from the game after being 2md best for the majority of the game but should've had a pen too.

Don't think Ange's plan worked today, Johnston was good before he faded in the 2nd half but Forrest was very poor and O'Reills wasn't great. Juranovic was shocking when he came on

Made good progress bringing players in so far but if there are players there that are leaving they shouldn't be involved, Juranovic most likely away and looks like his heads not right.

It was a must win game for Rangers and they will be raging they did not win it

• Registered Users Posts: 254 ✭✭dom40

The cheating by the SFA officials is well beyond a joke,VAR is being used against us at every opportunity and not used at all when we should be awarded penalties,Still we came away with a point today and did not play anywhere near as good as we can,maybe the bug is more widespread in the camp than we thought,I just love how we snatch the equaliser right at the death it makes this draw so much sweeter against them.

Goldson saving the shot with his hands..... play on

• Registered Users Posts: 9,607 ✭✭✭TheCitizen

His hands are up over his head in a totally unnatural position and makes contact with the ball. I know they’ve changed the rules several times re handball over recent years but what is it that you don’t think should be a penalty about that exactly? Under any interpretation of the handball rules that’s a stonewall penalty every time anywhere except not at Ibrox against the home side in this fixture.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,774 ✭✭✭eire4

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,399 ✭✭✭AyeGer

It’s amazing Celtic manage to win the league so often with the bias of the officials. Something has to be done about that.

He was missed when he went off. An amazing improvement in a player from when he signed from Kilmarnock. Great credit to him and to Ange for the player he has become. Opportunity for Bernabai to get a few starts as he'll likely be out for a few weeks.

Absolutely he came on a lot last season but has taken his game to another level this year and really has been one of our best and most consistent performers. In terms of Bernabei in the spot starts he has made so far he has shown some promise so could be a good opportunity for him here to get a few games under his belt and look to establish himself maybe to the extent Ralston has at right back as a good back up option. Certainly you would expect it will be Bernabei starting at left back on Saturday.

'There was only two saves made in the game, one by Joe and one by Connor. That was it'

Good to see Ange calling out the "honest mistake" brigade who have gone into over drive since the introduction of VAR.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,093 ✭✭✭Brewster

Hi folks, good win yesterday. The officials clarified, according to the rules, why the Goldson handball wasn’t given as a penalty last weekend. If it’s an instinctive reaction to protect your face, and ball is clearly going to hit your face, then it not considered an offence. I have to be honest and say I didn’t know what the rule was until it was clarified this week. I think the handball rules seem to change so much it’s hard to keep up.

• Site Banned Posts: 20,685 ✭✭✭✭Weepsie

Many years ago, Richard Dunne was saved by such a clarification

The rules changed again today as Goldson again handled and nothing given. Goldson saved the shot on Monday and no peno given

I only saw one last weekend ADIG. It’s not just Scottish game that has struggled with handball rules. I watched the Old Firm game and Celtic did brilliantly to grind out a point. I did think it was a penalty at the time when I saw the replay on TV. Absolutely no doubt. But I’m also modest enough to admit I don’t know the handball rules in great detail, and if posters are being honest, many would admit the same. Then it blows up in the media etc, but it turns out it wasn’t actually a penalty.

• Advertisement

i can see a few penalties coming our way very soon(late in games when we are about 3 up)and the other shower will be having a few given against them(late in games when they are 2 or 3 up) The SFA will be trying to even things up a little before the end of the season.

Good win to get to the final in dreadful conditions

A fantastic 2nd from Maeda but ruled off

GG scored at the end and speculation that he is off soon

Decent win in awful conditions.

I think letting GG leave is a mistake, feel he should've been starting more games for us. His goal return in the league is excellent and I think we'll struggle to find a replacement.

GG has scored 6 goals in the league and his stats are a bit underwhelming (he missed a penalty against Livingston). Celtic might as well buy Shankland from Hearts or Duk from Aberdeen

C’mon now. The reason why he’s looking to leave is because he’s been second pick up front with the manager most of the time to Kyogo and because I think he’s looking for more money. He wasn’t always second pick btw, the manager turned to him in the last must win CL game and put Kyogo in a 10 role which worked up until the manager needlessly took Kyogo off on the hour mark. Giakoumakis scored in that game and set up a great chance for Kyogo which he missed.

If he’s for the off so be it but we better be replacing him with someone better because when Kyogo got injured last season he came in and played an important role in winning the league. If he goes we should be replacing him with better than the two players you mentioned above. You’re better than that comment. He might be at loggerheads with the club, these things happen but let’s not make stuff up here.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,877 ✭✭✭Pogue eile

If you actually believe that, there is no hope for you!

Another Old Firm cup final to look forward to for all. 26 Feb.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,877 ✭✭✭Pogue eile

The second ever meeting of Celtic and Rangers in a League Cup Final, hopefully we can maintain our 100% record.

Top scorer in the league last year and top scorer in the Dutch league the previous season. When he plays games he gets goals.

We won't get a better player than him for the supposed £3.5m we're receiving

I like GG but there is no way Celtic can give in to what he is demanding, he wants a big increase or away. Look at his stats for this season, 15% conversion rate! If he wanted to put levarage on the board, he needed to at least double that conversion rate

• Advertisement

Deal apparently done for Giakoumakis for 4m to Urawa Red Dragons. It’s an odd one. The destination and not a huge amount of money, doubt we’d get as effective a player for that sort of money. Thought a club in England perhaps fighting relegation like Southampton or Everton might have been interested.

He’s not the easiest on the eye technically but he has a knack of putting the ball in the back of the net one way or another and also is a handful for defenders to deal with. Rangers defenders will be glad to see him gone. At the end of the day if a player wants to leave it’s best to let it happen. Paves the way for a striker or two to come in.

I would be shocked if Celtic allowed Giako away for such a paltry fee. We bought him for 2.5m no way we are not at least doubling that if not tripling that money IMHO.

I should add that Ange himself in todays pre match conference said no bid for any Celtic player has been accepted. So sure maybe Urawa bid 4m for Giako recently but Celtic rightly have told them no.

Good 2-0 win at Tannadice. Jota goal was from an unbelievable angle

Solid performance all round on what was clearly a really poor pitch to play the game on and despite us getting done by VAR yet again. Kyogo being the main victim as he had one PK over turned by VAR just before half and then another in the second half not even looked at plus Dundee United should have played most of the second half with 10 when Freedman handled the ball which even VAR had to say to Robertson look you have to give it its that blatant yet no yellow for Freedman which would have been his second and a red.

Jota was an utter joy to watch all night and Mooy put in another 5 star performance.

Great1st half and 3 nice goals,Var is an absolute joke,every goal we score is forensically examined by the frauds in the var room,they could not find a way to take Kyogo s goal away despite looking for a free kick and an offside.Absolute cheats,let's put in a few more I'm sure the var will find something too chalk 1 off.

No more goals in the second half.we probably decided at half time not to bother as we would spend most of the half standing around in the rain and cold waiting for the var forensic team too do their stuff.SFA cheats.

Another good performance all round with calling who was man of the match a really tough call given how many strong performances we saw on the night. Could have maybe scored a few more but overall a good performance and we played some really good football to enjoy on the night.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,892 ✭✭✭the kelt

Lads I’m heading to Glasgow next weekend (kids are in an Irish Dancing Feis) and was wondering would it be possible to pick up a ticket for the cup game against st mirren on the Saturday?

im literally away all day Saturday on my own so would love to take in a game if at all possible, any advice greatly appreciated.

It's a cup game so you might well be in luck as that would not be on the season ticket I think.

• Advertisement

Another 3 points,Var on high alert to find any reason not to allow any or our 4 goals,Jesus that pitch was in a terrible state,The cheats will not stop us.

Good win, could have been more. I agree that pitch was a disgrace

For sure considering what an utter cabbage patch the pitch was it was a good performance and win. Moon's goal and the pass from Jota to set it up was pure quality.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭ryaner777

Duplicate

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭ryaner777

If ye haven't got sorted yet drop me a pm. Heading over now. Can meet ye at the superstore with a ticket

Hatate penalty 2-0

Oh with his first goal and the 100th goal this season 3-0

O'Riley with his first goal 4-1

Hatate makes it 5 with a screamer 5-1

Took us awhile to get going in this one,they are a dogget wee team,the hand ball was another VAR comedy,we were in 103 lower and we all seen it straight away but little baldy linesman saw nothing and the ref also.nothingwrong with their eyesight when giving them their penalty,no var needed.Great to see OReilly get that goal,should be the weeconfidence booster he needs.

• Advertisement

A real statement of our strength in depth that was. They worked so hard to restrict us for the first hour or so. But then we turn around and bring on O'Riley, Hatate and Oh all of whom were good and even Haksabanovic for the last 15 and they just were out on their feet by the end. Great to watch.

Advertisement