Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas Off Topic Chat

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,820 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

The front and the back of the house seem so dark without the lights.

I immediately regret not leaving the shed lights up for another couple of weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,865 ✭✭✭TRS30

Yep, makes it a bit easier to know others are in the same boat.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,647 ✭✭✭Day Lewin

We leave the "outside lights" in position all year - they are outlining the front of house/porch. Just unplugged.

So we can switch them on for special occasions - Valentine's Day, Paddy's Day, birth of a grandchild; etc. Always cheerful!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,846 ✭✭✭Cork Lass

Have a great time in Disneyland 😁. Bring warm clothes, it can be bitter cold there.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,555 ✭✭✭tscul32

Thanks. It's actually unseasonably mild there at the moment, warmer than here, but rainy. We'd been hoping for a smidge of snow, had all the thermals at the ready, but instead we're getting 11 degrees and rain. Can't see it spoiling our fun though😁

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,475 ✭✭✭Heroditas

Dying to hear how you get on. We're bringing our two elves there at the beginning of March.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,555 ✭✭✭tscul32

We were there 7 years ago and 14 years ago (with only 1 child that time) and I spent a year in Paris back in the 90s so went lots of times in that year. Haven't been disappointed yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,269 ✭✭✭✭DvB

Have no idea how regular travellers do it, my body clock is all over the place, went to bed at midnight last night, woke up at 1am and was still awake at 5am, eventually slept until 10am but can see getting up for work at 5.45am tomorrow being a real challenge.

Don't remember it being like this before🤭

"I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,820 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Lovely day out there got a lovely long walk in with the little man just there. Great day for it. And don’t think I can face into a nighttime walk with no Christmas lights.

Just back from a walk ourselves, looks like its going to chuck it down now though.

"I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,971 ✭✭✭SarahLil

Beautiful morning for a walk, fed the ducks with our little one, grey skies now, stove lit and roast beef with all the trimmings cooking away, apple crumble with ice cream and cream for dessert,

I need to whip out the hoover and give the place another going, why is it the decorations go everywhere

Glitter is our curse... it'll be vacuumed and will reappear afew times before we see the last of it. Happens every year 😀

It’s the tree needles that get me. They’re immune to hoovers, apocalypse, everything.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,857 ✭✭✭sporina

all will be gone tomorrow bar the Poinsettia! I got one from a friend in Nov - and its as nice now as it was the day I got it.. love it.. and this one is behaving v well - last year's died while we were away for a few days.. and I killed the one from the year previous ekk..

• Registered Users Posts: 30,493 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

Window and outside lights are down.

Everything else is still up. Somebody is calling Today and I don't want to rush it.

I've got three new plastic storage boxes for them.

I often wonder will we run out of attic space.

Just finished building 2 new desks for the kids... 4 hours of fun

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,559 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

I've had a lazy pyjama day today. Wrecked by the combination of the first week back at work (lasting 9 days) and yesterday's hard labour!!

The fear is real here. Back to work in the morning for the first time since Dec 22nd.

Dreading it is an understatement 😫

I feel your pain I was there last week. But honestly after 20 minutes it’s like you’ve never been away.

Post edited by Loughc on

Yeah you're spot on there, every year is the same and by lunchtime it's a case of 'Christmas? What Christmas?'...

Still dread it though. First time driving to work without Christmas FM since the launch back in November too... 😔

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,559 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

It's operating on 12 minutes sleep that I find worst about the First Day Back. 😂

I did enjoy the fear of sleeping out so my body clock would enjoy waking me up every 15 minutes in a wild panic that it was 10am.

All this after 3 hours of wrestling the pillow trying to get asleep.

The things found in a nuclear wasteland- cockroaches and Christmas tree needles!

Post edited by TRS30 on

First normalish Sunday in ages. Bar popping round to the folks to put their decorations in the attic was a normal winters Sunday. Out for a walk, a few house jobs and some NFL before bed.

Best of luck to anyone back in work tomorrow, Mondays usually fly by so you’ll be grand. The thought of it is worse then the day itself.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,475 ✭✭✭Heroditas

• Registered Users Posts: 38,317 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Ill be seeing ye soon

• Registered Users Posts: 3,810 ✭✭✭Jude13

@TRS30 all good here pal, how's things with you?

We have everything down now and I had a big clear out of the shed. We had a lot of rain over the past few days so it has been quite Christmassy. The house looks huge with all the stuff down. The little one is sturggling to understand why we dont keep them up, Im in here corner.

This years lessons learnt, I left it too late for Christmas music/films and meet ups with pals. I will also take a few days if possible off this year.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,400 ✭✭✭Aisling(",)

Suffering with the same broken sleep as some of the other posters!first day back is always an energy struggle once you get to lunch time.

Still seeing some house lights on my bus trip in so taking some solace in it.

Good to hear. All good here thanks, Christmas/New Years was busy however got some good family time in so can't complain.

Shed and attic got a bit of clean out so have a tile of stuff for the charity shop. I know what you mean about the house looking bigger but also a bit bare. At least still have little lads birthday stuff up for another couple of days so takes the edge off a bit.

Same, didn't get as many Christmas movies in as I would have liked and much downtime to enjoy the decorations etc. We might not host next year so that could change the dynamics a bit.

• Advertisement

Morning all,

Back in the office since 7.00am, as expected had a less than great nights sleep, woke up at 2.30am & not a wink after that... sods law.

Only had 481 emails to read through, thankfully most were ones that could be dismissed with just a dozen or so actually requiring responses or actions. Still, I'll be right back into being busy with no slow settling in unfortunately. Maybe thats not too bad a thing though, helps the work day go faster if nothing else.

Am definitely looking to manage my stress better this year, I simply cant go through another year like 2022 in terms of work stress, genuinely think it would lead to health issues & no job is worth that.

Anyway, back at it, so looking forward to catching up properly on the forum here, never the same just browsing on the phone I find.

Post edited by DvB on

Advertisement