Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Russian warship, go f**k yourself!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,637 ✭✭✭Field east

I ca’nt even condur up even a draft statement in reply to this input even though I have an up to date Oxford Dictionary here beside me

"Karl"'s predictions for ze future, seem reasonable. Ukr played defense brilliantly earlier in the year, now we're seeing familiar town names cropping up again. ruSSia has lost more than half the territory it has occupied since the beginning of this phase of the war (feb).

16 out of 16 mopeds de-nazified, looks like Ukr is getting a grip on the head choppers level of technology.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,230 ✭✭✭Tonynewholland

• Registered Users Posts: 3,205 ✭✭✭Good loser

• Advertisement

You didn't even read what Karl had to say did you. Hiding in the long grass again is more your style

Mod: Enough personal stuff! Either argue the discussion point or don't engage.

Post edited by greysides on

• Registered Users Posts: 863 ✭✭✭lumphammer2

The transition of Russia from a country to a failed wartorn state is very near ... unless someone calls time on this Ukraine war madness ... the leader of the Russian central bank is the only person within the regime advising this but none of the others are listening ... Russia is at present a terminally ill entity dying from a condition called non-essential war ... the cure? Stop this war immediately and preferably appoint a new moderate figurehead ... Putin has no currency left at this stage and went with bad advise from hardliners such as Patrushev ... swallowed poison whole and is destroying his country ...

What will the end of Russia as an entity mean? Worse days for Europe and Asia I fear ... Russia will be an Iraq or an Afghanistan ... only much larger and with real WMDs incl nukes in the hands of far right terrorists .... welcome to the Wagner group the only winners of this Ukraine war madness just like ISIS were the only winners of the Iraq war madness ...

If this war does not end in the next few weeks the dial will be set ... economic collapse of Russia will occur within 12 months ... ethnic and political tensions ... a 1978/79 Iran type revolution ... followed by an Afghanistan in the 1990s style infighting and collapse of the old and any new regime ... leading to the Wagner terrorists and Chechen warlords terrorising large swathes of the nation once called Russia ...

Expect ... nuclear terrorism as a real poss and conventional terrorism as definite ... floods of refugees from the world's largest former country ... civil wars all over the Eurasian region once called Russia along with ones in Ukraine and maybe other ex USSR lands ... expect Chechnya's terrorists to cause trouble in the ex USSR Caucasus republics and maybe Iran ... expect some US/EU/UK joint war effort against the Wagner ... expect 2001-21 Afghanistan writ large ...

The only solution is Russia stays intact ... a coup against the current regime, immediate end to this war and a compromise with both Ukraine and the rest of the world ...

I am knot very knowledgable as to how Russia is currently constituted geographically. But what about the majority/ all the ‘states’ that make up Russia agree to become independant nations . Chechnya , for example, wanted to become such a few years ago. Most of the ‘ breakaway parts in 1991? Seem to be fairly peacefully getting on with life - apart from Russia trying to stir up trouble in most of them

• Registered Users Posts: 18,071 ✭✭✭✭Dohnjoe

Chechnya is brutally controlled by one of Putin's lapdogs, Kadyrov. Putin is not going anywhere, the alternative to him would (ironically) be much worse, i.e. one of his henchmen. All moderate opposition have been wiped out. I'd expect Russia just to get poorer and more bitter, less ability to wage war on anyone.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,450 ✭✭✭✭Reggie.

Or I'd say parts of it may break off to be independent

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 863 ✭✭✭lumphammer2

Chechnya and that situation is I believe far from resolved .. at present it is lead by a dictator called Ramzan Kadyrov who rules it as a state within a state ... his law is similar to ISIS, Taliban et al ... he did a deal with Putin to support him in return for his own state ... Kadyrov is one of the most hardline supporters of this Ukraine war ... it benefits his longterm agenda of complete Chechen independence and expansion of his regime into other Islamic lands in what is for now Russia ...

Russia's future depends on when this war ends ... if it ends very soon and a more moderate govt takes hold then it can just about get away with this war and its fallout ... the longer the war goes on the only outcome will be Russia's economy going into freefall and infighting and then collapse ... This could lead to a 1917 style revolution or a Yugoslavia style civil war ... or both ...

The 1991 breakup was peaceful and the leadership of Russia then was moderate ... Putin started out too as a moderate but then became obsessed with power ... this 2022 recklessness though is new ... and dangerous ... no sane individual would launch and keep up this senseless self destructive war ... I believe that certain individuals ... Patrushev .. Kadyrov .. have somehow convinced Putin to be more reckless .. the Wagner group seem to have more power too ... and that is not good ... they could become tomorrow's ISIS ... only much more dangerous ...

Ukraine started out as a civil war ... the same type of civil war will expand into Russia ... a moderate figure (Navalny or someone else) will emerge v a hardline figure (Patrushev or someone else) with Putin less and less relevant ... I feel that this war is part of a dangerous period where there is a play for power by those to the far right of Putin who convinced Putin to wage this war ... Putin may or may not be dying but his days as leader are numbered ... will far right hardliners backed by the Wagner terrorists win? Or will a moderate win? Or will the Russian Federation break up into 2/more states akin to Korea?

Meanwhile that Kadyrov would stake out a claim for a Caucasusu Caspian state comprised of what are now called Chechnya, Dagestan, et al ... further south and you are into the Middle East with its problems ... Azerbaijan, Armenia, Gilan, Mazandaran, Georgia, Abkhazia, Ossetia, etc. are all places that want to either increase their lands or secede from existing corrupt oppressive states ...

None of these wars ever work out according to their architects' plan ... and as of 2022/23 that should be wellknown now ... look at hos WW1 and WW2 destroyed many former states ... look at what that Iraq war did? Create ISIS ... 20 years in Afghanistan is another example ... defeat the Taliban to allow in another form of the Taliban ...

Who will win this Russia v Ukraine war? Neither ... as we know them ... what nightmare that emerges will be the only winner ...

. Sanity has at last returned to this thread. See also post number 2785 . One may not agree with everything said but it is a very good attempt to paint the possible future picture as to where all this is heading towards. It would be of interest to get a post or two from those boardies supporting Putin/Russia and projecting what would be the picture in the foreseeable future - say circa 2035. Only those who are prepared to be objective need post

• Registered Users Posts: 8,426 ✭✭✭FintanMcluskey

It would be of interest to get a post or two from those boardies supporting Putin/Russia and projecting what would be the picture in the foreseeable future - say circa 2035.

I've not seen any of those posters since the very early days.

Only those who are prepared to be objective need post

🙂

• Registered Users Posts: 11,599 ✭✭✭✭Say my name

One can be objective and still call the Russian military and those that support them the scum of the earth who have no business robbing oxygen.

Have we not all seen how they invaded a neighbouring country. Target civilians, rape women and children, castrated men. Set up filtration camps, kidnap the population and anyone supporting their own country, their hands tied behind their back and shot to death. And the torture chambers used. And the looting of cities. And the targeting of farms and food infrastructure and the stealing of grain.

They call themselves the white monkeys now. Fits well. In a country with no religion but a religion of war. If there's an eternal being in this world, hell awaits.

Their bridges are burnt.

Delusional nazi.

Even other Russians in the US hate them coming from Russia now.

The whole world wonders why they don't fight their own system instead of just going along with it. And the world hates them for that.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,596 ✭✭✭roosterman71

I'd be interesting to know that ones views on the war or "special military operation". Would she be for or against it. Hard to know going by the video. If she's against it, I can understand her frustration as she's being grouped with the meatheads in Russia that are brainwashed and fighting for nothing. She's mad to get to America too so I'd half assume she's against the whole thing.

On the other hand, if she isn't then **** her. Send her home

Only when we see Russians publicly abroad or home say "Phuck Putin" will any difference be made.

They'll skirt every which way except of directly blaming Putin.

I've seen pro z rally's around the world from russians, I haven't seen anti z war protests from russians outside of russia.

They'll probably privately say these rallies are organised by Putin's cronies directly and they only do it for the money and to curry favour back home for their relatives.

The converse will also be mentioned that any negative against Putin will be severely punished.

But then we're back on the wheel and Putin increases the pressure and grip. They want someone else to do the job. Not themselves.

Then attack the outsider for doing the job they wanted to be done. While trying to reside in the outsider's country because they know their own gives no peace and the babuska on the corner at any time can report you to the authorities and have you disappeared.

Iranians face a similar regime with the headchoppers,yet they protest at home and abroad. khodorkovsky recently tried to absolve russians and blame putrid, but as many have said it isn't putrid raping, murdering, and maiming his way through Ukraine, it's russians.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,538 ✭✭✭jmreire

`The main difference between Iran and Russia is that in Iran, the main population is united against the Mullah's. In Russia, to start with, there are many who believe in Putin's war against the "Nazi's", and those who are openly against Putin are jailed or sent to the front. So even Russians living abroad and who are against Putin stay quiet because the Putins octopus tentacles stretch far and wide, and into the smallest crevices. Alexander Solzhenitsyn's Gulag Archipelago is alive and well in present day Russia.

Poland sending 14 leopard tanks to Ukraine I don't think they could supply them without German permission so should get more aswell. Must be some boast for the young lads doing the fighting

I'm not getting excited about tanks until I see them, in Ukraine, shooting at orcs.

The reason why is in this article

The international tank transfer "mulling" is obviously designed to pressure German asshole Chancellor Scholz, so now we wait to see if he can come up with an excuse to block the transfer of German origin tanks.

They allow the war all the same, there's 1 putrid and 140 million russians. It's russians and their imperialist/serf mindset that are the root cause, putrid, or patrushev or whomever of the villains are just symptoms exploiting the situation. navalny will be a scarier much more efficient putrid should he ever gain power.

I lived in Russia for several years and made many friends in that time, quite a few I'm still in contact with. Then Putin started his war. I expected some of them would support Putin, and others who would not. It was not so much the ones who supported Putin I was surprised about. It was the sheer vehemence of their anti-west attitude. These were people I worked with, celebrated their life events,,, Weddings, Birthdays etc. Long-lasting friendships in effect. All level headed intelligent people, down to earth type of dependable people. But as I said, I was shocked by their brain washed attitude to the west. But others, would not be fans of Putin and his oligarchs but their opinions they keet to themselves. Unless you have lived there, it's hard to understand the grip that the state has on it's citizens. When they arrest an elderly woman for the "crime" of holding a solitary white rose while standing on the street, they can do what ever they want with you. And they do, what ever and when ever they like. Say you were having a drink in a bar / restaurant in Dublin, and a man who you never set eyes on before , tapped you on the shoulder and demands to see your driving license. What would your reaction be? Tell him to get lost or else?. In Russia, you would say nothing ( never mind do anything) just quietly remove your wallet and hand over your license, ( while praying that he does not find any " irregularity"). He hands it back and walks away, and you breathe a sigh of relief. And that is Russia. Anything that threatens the system is dealt with harshly and immediately. The Russian prisons are full of anti-Putin, anti-war protesters. The Gulag Archipelago is alive and well.

• Registered Users Posts: 538 ✭✭✭1373

A good read and it's interesting to hear someone who's got some insight. I'm as disgusted by the killing as any normal human being but apart from his inept military performance ,I think putin has played a blinder ( as dictators go )in his whole build up to this . He has total control of russia ( untouchable it seems) ,rolled into Ukraine twice unchallenged and has the West even asking not to provoke him . Looks like it's going to be next to near impossible to remove russia from the stolen regions ( Looks like mobilisation is getting ready again , tens of thousands for killing again) . And to make sure of a negotiated ending , he can terrorise Ukraine from the black sea and russia indefinitely and nearly unchallenged. As for Russians supporting this , I believe hatred usually stems from jealousy and a feeling of inferiority , in this case its western lifestyle and living standards . Correct me if I'm wrong

Many other peoples have been prisoners of very repressive regimes, East Germans, Poles, Estonians along with their secret police and paranoia. In the previous decade Ukrainians rose up against their own Government turning East again. Some have tried and been successful, others like in Tianamen Square failed. Fadó, fadó even Irish turned against the most powerful Empire at the time, repeatedly.

No one is arguing that choices have to be made. I said from the start that armed russian soldiers have choices, they may not be good choices but they have them. So have russian civilians. There's still 140 million of them. Currently, they choose to be part of this, and while they do my opinion of them won't change one whit.

What I reject entirely is the notion that being russian excuses them, gives them a free pass to shrug their shoulders put their shoulders to the genocidal grindstone. While they choose to continue they deserve condemnation.

Yes, I agree as these things go, he has played a blinder. After the dissolution of the USSR, the state was basically left rudderless, neither Gorbachev or Yeltsin were able to control it, and basically the oligarchs took over. And to say that they robbed it blind is an understatement. Then Putin took over, and clamped down hard on the Oligarchs and restored law and order, and some cash even started to flow into the state coffers. For this ordinary Russians were grateful, he was a hero, a savior. But then slowly but surely he increased his power, twisted the Constitution to suit himself, and brought Russia to where it is today.

But he has miscalculated, and no matter how long he remains in power, he and Russia are finished as a world power. The civilized world has seen him for what he really is, a murderous mafia thug. As to when his reign will end, God only knows. But he is becoming more and more reclusive as time goes on, that much is obvious, especially where public appearances are concerned. Where Ukraine is concerned, I believe that they will recover all of their territory, inc. Crimea. And the civilized world will help them, because Putin has attacked the civilized world, maybe not in the same physical sense that he attacked Ukraine, but since he came to power he has been causing trouble world wide trying to destabilize the west. He is a force for evil in the world.

• Advertisement

There might be a delay but western tanks will have to be supplied to Ukraine with the pressure their under.

Advertisement