Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ireland running out of accommodation for Ukrainian refugees due to surge in non-Ukrainian refugees?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,860 ✭✭✭Backstreet Moyes

You keep saying a lot when calling the protesters racists.

I am simply pointing out you have no idea if that is the case.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,667 ✭✭✭DebDynamite

Throwing stuff from a window down on to the people below would be considered aggressive too

• Registered Users Posts: 41,072 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

Again with the attempts to excuse all the agressive intimidation.

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

One might say there was aggression on both sides. However, throwing missiles down on to the people below is a cowardly act.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,707 ✭✭✭Bobblehats

That would be an act, these apparent refugees would know all about sticks and stones but sadly the poster lives in a land gone soft to the point a man can be beyond effeminate.

It’s only words; child set to strike at the heart of government a familiar sentiment, a simple refrain. GET. THEM. OUT.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,806 ✭✭✭Hooked

This!!! x 1000

Not only the Ukranian debacle... For YEARS, perhaps decades, we've imported, housed, fed and financed tens of thousands of unknowns into this country! Without so much as a screening. The Aussie's in my opinion know what they're at. You visiting? You best be gone when we tell u to! U staying? Then here are a tonne of hoops to jump through and boxes to tick before u even think about coming here!

This country is losing it's identity one "refugee/immigrant" at a time... And putting their welfare in front of ours!

Fair enough if you want to justify agressive hate fuelled intimidation. Thats your problem.

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

Its not just words though.

Its screaming those words in an agressive and intimidating way outside where people are currently living.

Its vile hatemongering agressive intimidation.

Terry Pratchet

Attempts were made to rile the community, but all I saw was smiling happy faces such is the nature of the people a somehow joyous occasion. For such an incredible groundswell of support not one act

Do you excuse throwing things at citizens of a country who are providing you with free food, accommodation, healthcare, a weekly allowance? It’s not saying a lot for a caliber of some of the people who are coming here.

• Advertisement

You're the one supporting violent agressive intimidation

Terry Pratchet

🤣 People are not smiling, happy and joyous while screaming and shouting agressively.

Terry Pratchet

Used to see it all the time at heavy metal concerts, they can

What happened in Ballymun was an agressive hate fuelled intimidatory mob were screaming outside where people currently live.

Terry Pratchet

• Registered Users Posts: 1,876 ✭✭✭bokale

They should do the usual march from parnell to government buildings if they want to protest against the government policy.

Gathering outside where the people are staying seems a bit out of order imo.

And you support uninvited guests of our country aggressively throwing things at its citizens. Good to know.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,570 Mod ✭✭✭✭Weepsie

Was there a video of this? Not saying it didn't happen, but when I was there it was all one way.

I have no idea what you are on about. You're the one supporting the agressive intimidatory hate fueled mob in Ballymun.

Terry Pratchet

• Registered Users Posts: 568 ✭✭✭72sheep

Remember that our own Peter "Rent-A-Peasant" Sutherland, from that lovely GS firm, was one of the very first champions of this EU top-down agenda. In terms of service to Ireland he deserves to stand right alongside O'Gorman, McEntee and Varadkar. You can see the abundance of care written all over their beautiful faces ;-)

Exactly. And people here claiming thats "peaceful". Its not. Its agressive and intimidatory mob hate.

Terry Pratchet

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,186 ✭✭✭✭jmayo

And what percentage of the failed 61% were deported ?

Also why pick on 2021 when at the height of covid travel restrictions ?

What are you trying to hide ?

Shure when it was in the likes of Achill and Oughterard they were inbred culchies.

You are bullshyting the whole time.

You throw out the old tropes about vulnerable women and children and warzones.

When there is not a mention of single young men from North Africa, Albania, Georgia, Horn of Africa.

Oh and then trott out another bullshyte statement that we are getting Georgians because of Russian invasion of Ukraine.

If so then where are the Moldovans, Armenians, Azerbaijians ?

People are copping on at a rate of knots.

The old women and children fleeing warzones has worn very thin when a bus drops a load of young single men in a village, town or poorer suburb.

And people are damn right to protest, although I think the biggest way of doing it is to target the owners of the "refugee industry" businesses and the politicians themselves.

I forecast a lot more bags of shyte winging their way towards politicians who now are nothing but Quislings.

I am not allowed discuss …

• Registered Users Posts: 2,147 ✭✭✭TonyMaloney

Anyone know who organized it?

Video posted a few pages back. It’s over an hour long, but at one stage during the protest outside the hotel, someone in the hotel rooms above threw the contents of a can of Coke down on the protesters. There was a voice that also mentioned spitting, but not sure if that happened. Don’t think it barely registered with a lot of the people there tbh. During the protests there was a few voices (organizers I’d imagine) reminding the people to be calm, as they didn’t want any thing kicking off, and to be fair there was no trouble from what I could see. The guards showed up, nothing was happening, so at they seemed to leave.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,919 ✭✭✭✭One eyed Jack

• Registered Users Posts: 2,147 ✭✭✭TonyMaloney

Hang on, are you saying that all you've somehow seen is someone throwing the contents of a can of coke? Like the liquid inside?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,570 Mod ✭✭✭✭Weepsie

Yeah I saw that just there. Can dropped out the window on noone. Failed to note that literally 30 seconds before a handful of little shitheads thrownling rocks or something up in the same video.

Fuck that. Little **** deserve to be clipped around the head for that carry on. Peaceful nothing. Hate filled mob

• Registered Users Posts: 1,245 ✭✭✭Viscount Aggro

The gates to the lunatic asylum have been opened.

Even though the CMH has been transferred to the Land Development Agency LDA,

I am hearing locally that its to house asylum seekers / refugees for at least 2 years.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,805 ✭✭✭hynesie08

Did they throw a can of coke or the contents of a can of coke?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,805 ✭✭✭hynesie08

Ah but you see the racists and the scrotes don't represent the crowd, they just make up the majority of it apparently.

• Advertisement

Yep.

Thats what it is an agressive hate fuelled mob. The attempts to justify it because someone threw a can of coke and the violent mob was seen to be smiling and joyous are absolutely pathetic.

Terry Pratchet

Advertisement