Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Harry and Meghan - OP updated with Threadbanned Users 4/5/21

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,657 ✭✭✭✭Strazdas

But 90% of the stuff he has been discussing has nothing even to do with Meghan. His relationship with his father and his brother, his relationship with Camilla, how he handled (or didn't handle) the death of his mother, Afghanistan, drugs etc. The idea that Meghan came along and 'changed' him is compete and utter BS....he was clearly a maverick from day one and not playing by the rules by the RF. It was more that he was pretending to go along with it all pre-Meghan but we now know that a lot of it was lies and spin by the UK media. He was never that close to William (or Kate) for example, a very different type of person.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,478 ✭✭✭valoren

I wonder how much of printing text messages would be judged to be an invasion of privacy. Kate could go and get that quid Meghan got from ANL.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,478 ✭✭✭valoren

“My memory is my memory…and there is just as much truth in what I remember and how I remember it than in so called objective facts. Things like chronology and cause and effect are just fables we tell ourselves about the past”

Translation: This is my truth, and my truth is just as valid as THE truth, despite your actual facts.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,387 ✭✭✭✭Sardonicat

Seriously, she cried over what? Kate agreeing, eventually, to take the kid to the tailor to fix the frock made her cry?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,873 ✭✭✭sporina

"They have become what they thought they were fighting against."

100%

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,277 ✭✭✭ceadaoin.

I agree with this but it's not perfectly legal at the federal level though. A normal person involved in the immigration process would certainly be at risk of having their application denied if they admitted to any of this. No chance anything like that will happen to a privileged prince though.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,975 ✭✭✭Xander10

It's amazing how well you know some people you have never met.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,329 ✭✭✭SAMTALK

Arent you a joy !

This is a chat forum where we have a chat and give our views just in case you missed it

• Registered Users Posts: 2,197 ✭✭✭Thinkingaboutit

It's a reasonable surmise based on what's in the public space and body language.

Anyhow, chinless Harry was harmless if ludicrous playing the role of a finger wagging millionaire spox for billionaires telling us to pay more tax for Green stuff they invest in, and other fake work like those terrible podcasts, but this book is a narcissistic exercise in humiliation, which will endanger the men and women he once served alongside. Honestly the 25 Taliban probably lost the will to live after hearing all the nu-male histrionics. The 25 Talebs claim itself is doubtful and a bit sick too.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,786 ✭✭✭DownByTheGarden

You would certainly be worried if you ever got into a text conversation with either of them in the past. Surely noone will ever have an email or text conversation with them in future anyway. Sure wasnt one of them even caught wearing a recording device before. Definitely a couple never to share anything private or even anything you dont want repeated, like lads jokes in lads whatsapp groups and the like.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,300 ✭✭✭✭jm08

Well, since it was put out there in the press that Meghan had made Kate cry and Kate didn't refute it, she had every right to publish what really happened. And I would bet that is a very accurate text because Meghan would have the original text. The fact that Kate must have told everyone that Meghan had made her and Charlotte cry could only have come from Kate herself and passed onto the press.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,300 ✭✭✭✭jm08

Why would you worry about something like that. If you are afraid anyone else will see what you wrote, maybe you should consider not writing it. One thing, though, Meghan is incredibly polite in that message considering it was her wedding and not Kate's or Charlotte's wedding.

• Registered Users Posts: 632 ✭✭✭squidgainz

• Registered Users Posts: 2,022 ✭✭✭JoChervil

You don't know that. They are only his words in a state of mind, when being alienated from his family, so now he can see "the truth".

• Registered Users Posts: 3,236 ✭✭✭alan partridge aha

As I commented a few pages back, William needs to break communication with Harry now. Defo don't be on your own with him. He's a loose and dangerous cannon to the RF.

I listen to James O'Brien and he is very sharp and hard to pin down. But I think because he's had therapy as Harry has had, JOB can't find no fault with H&M.

Personally I think the therapy in Harry's case has banjaxed him. He's turned into a nasty, mean person who won't take accountability for some of the stuff he has done.

Everyone has written personal stuff, risque stuff, stuff that someone somewhere might find offensive if they read it even though it was not meant to be offensive, gossip, personal views not for public consumption, etc etc in text messages or emails to other people, particularly to people they consider to be family and friends.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,022 ✭✭✭JoChervil

She made Kate cry in a direct meeting day before this text exchange in the presence of other mums. During Ophrah's interview she said that it was Kate, who made her cry. It is obvious backpedaling now.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,999 ✭✭✭Oscar_Madison

…Projection is a big part of it- “I’m fixed but you’re still broken” appears to be his thinking. Reminds me of a born again Christian telling everyone to amend their ways because the end is nigh

#harrysaves

• Registered Users Posts: 55,694 ✭✭✭✭walshb

No, it’s just that there are more questions than answers, and some folks (before making a call) would prefer to have all the details and all the truth.

You do know that the alleged victim agreed an out of court settlement?

anyway, this thread is Harry and Meghan.

I watched the whole Harry interview, and he still comes across as a very decent person, which is why I think the way he has been conducting himself the past few years is just bizarre. Maybe he really feels he needs to try tarnish William and Charles for whatever hostility he harbours.

I thought the interviewer was very firm, but fair. Not like that absolute sham, Oprah

Most folks are still just scratching their heads asking, what’s wrong, Harry?

• Registered Users Posts: 16,749 ✭✭✭✭banie01

I certainly do agree that he is emotionally damaged, that growing up in public and that in particular the death of his mother and the crack handed manner in which it was dealt with? Have gone a long way towards shaping the person he is now. The loss of a mother has a huge impact. Even more so as a child. I suppose I frame my views on that in the lens of personal loss rather than public, but?

Harry sees the RF as being intrinsic to the loss he has suffered, the lack of support given and no doubt, that he was used by the family whilst he on duty both Royal & Military.

Sometimes it is better for someone to cut ties, family estrangements happen and they are never easy. I know when my own Mam died I was 35 and it rocked to my core.

The issue I have, and issue is even too strong a word. I have no interest in Harry, the RF and their drama other than as just that 😉 a bit of drama, escapism and an outlet for my own bias.

His current efforts to put Megan and his kids 1st? Totally understandable, but? It's heavy handed, immature, disjointed and much of the story shared is contradictory.

His effort to "break free" of the Royals and keep them safe from the hurt he had inflicted is understandable, but? I think he's doing from a place of misinformed and Ill advised being supported by sycophants.

Rather than gaining peace, quiet and headspace to recover and readjust to life outside the bubble? He's diving headlong into a crusade against those he sees responsibile for his mam's death and his ostracisation. He doesn't see his separation from the RF as his fault, it's the fault of everyone else, RF and media in particular.

There is a crowing for "accountability" and while he nods along about his part in these things? He disavows any actual responsibility for the place he's in.

I was struck in the Bradby interview when the desiderata came up. Very much a staple of the 12 step style programmes and IMHO a means of abrogating agency for the circumstances someone finds themselves in.

It's long been an addict's get out of jail free card, and now it's been adopted by Harry too.

• Advertisement

He has been trained all his life to come off as a decent person in interviews. He is surely a master of it.

Yes, I get that. But all we (as people who don’t know these people) is make a guess. I always felt from what I have seen of William and Harry, that both were good people. Caring people.

Why would anyone compare? Two different people who are in the news for completely separate issues.

For a lot of people, Harry is showing awful behaviour in revealing personal and private family moments. His sustained attacks on his own flesh and blood could well be considered disgraceful behaviour. So, he’s not at all some shining light compared to Andrew.

people don’t need to compare. They can assess both individually and make a call.

Ask the poster why you'd compare , not me. No idea why you'd ask me. So your saying what Harrys doing is worse than Andrew anyway?

• Registered Users Posts: 18,657 ✭✭✭✭Strazdas

I would say the death of his mother and him blaming the tabloids for it was a 'far' more significant event in his life than meeting Meghan. That is the thing that changed him. Meghan is just a convenient scapegoat for the right wing rags and their lowlife opinion writers to blame : "he was absolutely fine until she came along". He wasn't fine at all and was clearly already struggling with his mental health long before this.

No, you said comparing them is rotten.

Nobody needs to compare. Apples and oranges.

Both can be judged separately on their lives and behaviours, and a call can be made on what one thinks of them, separately.

Your post said “comparing them is rotten.”

I never said “you” compared them. I said that comparing them was silly. Both can be judged separately without any need to compare.

• Advertisement

Why quote my post and not the person who compared them?

Advertisement