Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Garda Recruitment 2022/2023

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19 Tipp96

I met the sergeant and was then weeks later told I needed to go get my eyes tested by an optician as they weren’t happy with my eye test results from the medical.

• Registered Users Posts: 45 deanrm

I was waiting 6 weeks before I got the results from the medical so a month isn't to long 🤝

• Registered Users Posts: 16 mikerso11

I think it depends on the county but majority of the time its in the HQ Station for your county.The meetings are very brief its kind of like an informal interview, with both the Sgt. and Superintendent seperatly. They had my application form and form B with them and just did a quick read over it and asked a few questions about the forms and then gave a general insight into the training and the job itself. I was also told that more than likely all new recruits passing out this year will be sent to DMR so be ready for that unless you have a welfare case!

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭Wexfordgal0987

What do you mean by “DMR”? If you don’t mind me asking

• Registered Users Posts: 2 NR9712

I’m batch 8 and booked my interview today!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,806 ✭✭✭✭Witcher

• Registered Users Posts: 120 ✭✭JohnSmith98

Don't suppose "can't afford anywhere to live within a 2 hour drive of Dublin" is an acceptable welfare excuse? Asking for a friend

• Registered Users Posts: 257 ✭✭Hyneser03

Well there hardly going to send all the recruits from every phase this year to DMR sure every station in the country needs them ?

Dublin needs them more , if youre young , single , no kids or commitments be prepared to be sent to dublin is what i was told. Obviously not every single recruit will be going to dublin.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 8,484 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sierra Oscar

I wouldn't rule it out if the numbers going into the intakes is relatively small. There have been cases where an entire intake was sent to Dublin - irrespective of whether someone had a welfare case or not. There are a large number of members with years of experience waiting for transfers out of Dublin or surrounding areas and the pause in recruitment has led to people waiting a lot longer for a transfer. Any allocation of new members to Dublin will lead to a knock on allocation for stations outside the DMR.

It's unlikely that every intake will be sent Dublin but don't be surprised if they get the lions share of the allocations.

• Registered Users Posts: 26 glenns141

Hi Folks, done my medical on the 23rd of December… just wondering has anyone that done theirs around that time heard anything back yet? Was told I passed on the day but would just like some official confirmation.

Also anyone who’s local Garda station is Dundalk have you got word on a meeting with sergeant/super yet?

Thanks in advance👍🏻

• Registered Users Posts: 16 CMT123

Hi Guys

Can anyone that has done the fitness test recently tell me what you have to do? Thanks a mill!

• Registered Users Posts: 32 TMG1990

Did mine the same day…. Heard nothing since.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 JD2913

I did my medical on the 9th of December and heard nothing until last week. I emailed them myself asking what the story was and if there was any word and they responded saying I passed the medical and was deemed fit to proceed with the competition. I have not heard anything since.

Did anyone contact their local Garda station or is it best just to wait to be contacted?

cheers.

• Registered Users Posts: 13 lboylan96

I done my PCT 2/12/22 it’s not too difficult if you’re doing a bit of regular cardio.

It consisted of two parts. The first was the bleep test followed by about 15 mins of a rest then push ups and sits ups. Depending on your age group and gender the targets you’ve to meet in the tests will be different

We had a break then for about 2hrs roughly and onto the obstacle course which you’d to complete 3 times in about 3 minutes and 20 seconds.

You’ll receive your result then and there and if you fail any of the parts you at least have the chance to repeat again about a month later.

• Registered Users Posts: 257 ✭✭Hyneser03

Did anyone else get the message from public jobs this morning about calling the last batch forward for stage 2 ? Like they haven’t said what number of OOM they are calling forward for it ?

• Registered Users Posts: 11 starbht

Just received results for stage 2( batch 9)

• Registered Users Posts: 22 kaycon

Just received results also for stage 2 💪🏼

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭Clono

Anyone from batch 4 get a call yet about going in ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1 blue-lagoon123

URGENT!!! Any help is appreciated!!

I found out today that I passed stage 2 of recruitment which is great as this is my dream job. I'm still in college (final year as long as exams go well) and always planned to go straight into the guards after but all I can think about is travelling next year/taking a gap year/moving away for a year as I am only 21. My question is if I decide not to start stage 3 and they automatically withdraw me from the competition will I be allowed apply again in the future or is this my one and only chance? If anyone knows the definite answer please let me know as I cannot find it anywhere. The reason I applied at the start of this year was because it has always been my plan but after taking the stage one tests and over the Summer I fear that I will miss out on those year long travel experiences where I have no obligations to get back to. This is my absolute dream job but I also do not want to flunk out at the interview/fitness test (I am in terrible shape compared to what I was this time last year due to college and work stresses). If it turns out that I cannot reapply in the future I will continue to the next stage and I am sure all will be fine in the end of course, but just asking the same for if I was to fail the interview/fitness test would I be bale to reapply again in lets just say 3 years time? (if they are doing a recruitment campaign of course). Basically is this my only chance at this job if I am automatically withdrawn by not sending in the form/if I fail the next stage?

Going to templemore ? Im batch 4 and havent heard anything yet , i know a few in batch 3 were told theyre starting feb 20th. I emailed recently and just got a generic copy and paste response

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭Clono

Ya a call to go into the college , I have everything done and just waiting I'm 2 on OOM in batch four just wondering had anyone else got a shout yet from our batch . I have been told they will give about a month's notice so that would be by Friday next week .

• Registered Users Posts: 2 user3169

Hi just wondering about the physical. Unfortunately as there is an outbreak of Covid in my household I’m technically not allowed to go to my pct next week. Does anyone have any idea how long I’d be waiting for a new date?? Or has anyone had this situation? Hoping it won’t delay it too much 🙄

Hey. I applied in 2017, I was 21 and straight out of college. I had as got as far as the fitness test I passed and at the time the medical was the next stage. I went on my j1 the week after the fitness. I came back and decided that I would withdraw my application as I got the travel bug. And I went onto oz and only came back in jan 22. I then applied for the guards again at 27 in March 22 and I’ve completed everything waiting for the call. If I was you, I would do the travelling you will be able to apply again in a few years time no problem.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Aine1967

Hi there my son had his meeting with the sergeant all went well and she said he'd more than likely be in the next intake. He got an email today to say there were concerns about his bmi has anybody else had this at this stage? He presumed he was in based on what she told him and thought he'd passed the medical as doctor said all good?

• Registered Users Posts: 26 glenns141

I’m batch 4, OOM 115… haven’t heard anything back from medical yet, done it the 23rd of last month. No meeting with Sergeant or Super yet.

Definitely go and do the travelling for a few years instead. I started my dream job in the fire brigade at 18 and have been in it for 10 years now. But over time things come up and circumstances change and now here i am joining AGS and one of my biggest regrets is not going travelling or living in a different country. Youre very young go and enjoy it while youve no ties and come back in a few years and re-apply again. It would be a great talking point for an interview in your future and in my opinion the panel would look favourably on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭AF96DUB

I had that issue, was only a couple of kilos over myself but the doctor gave me 12 weeks to correct it. A week after this medical the first lockdown came in so I was waiting for well over a year to re do it. If he has to re do his medical he will literally only have his BMI taken again, not do the full medical.

• Advertisement

I’m batch 6 have my medical tomorrow and I have meeting with super and sergeant Monday

Advertisement