Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GW20 - Transfer Thread (double trouble)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,847 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

OK might finally have to get Rashford in

• Registered Users Posts: 5,523 ✭✭✭caviardreams

Now doubly annoyed I got Cash in instead of Shaw this week!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,531 ✭✭✭Gusser09

Salah out for Rashford

Greenwood out for Kane

Cancelo out for shaw

Considering KDB out too. Not sure.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,454 ✭✭✭✭ArmaniJeanss

But City have a double as well, just to complicate it. Cancelo probably still a good move out admittedly

• Registered Users Posts: 7,531 ✭✭✭Gusser09

Yes will probably stick with KDB.

FFS i should have held my triple captain back fro Halaand for this GW.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 409 ✭✭TaytoCrisps

Kane and Rashford in for Salah and Mitro. 3 united, 2 city and 1 spurs for the double. Good to see Haaland and KDB rested today, from a FF point of view anyway 😀

• Registered Users Posts: 19,705 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

hmm, very tempted to play WC, although I know I may end up regretting that at some point in the future, but I feel my team is a bit unbalanced and could do with clearing some players out - going early may actually help me chase down 2 rivals who have like 50 and 100+ point leads, and where we currently have 6 players the same - and my differentials of Salah/KdB haven't paid dividends, although with double probably have to keep Kevin

• Registered Users Posts: 22,625 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

Looking at Darwin and Cancelo to Stones and Kane. Don't think it's the best week to bring Shaw in now, might have missed the boat on him til GW22 at least.

Not as if City are playing Bournmouth and Southampton though, United and Spurs will be tough games

• Registered Users Posts: 4,288 ✭✭✭munster87

I was tempted by the same moves but Salah might have a double in 21

• Advertisement

why is it a maybe and what could happen for it not to be? Any other teams?

Chelsea v Liverpool (postponed from royal death weekend) could theoretically be played on FA Cup 4th round day if Liverpool lose replay at Wolves. That would put it into GW21. Chelsea already out of cup.

There are probably other games from the cancelled weekend which could fit into GW21 as well.

By my calcs these are all the cancelled games.

Weekend of death

Arsenal v Everton, Bournemouth v Brighton, Leeds v Nottingham Forest, Leicester v Aston Villa, Liverpool v Wolves, Southampton v Brentford. West Ham v Newcastle

Weekend of funeral

Brighton v Crystal Palace, Chelsea v Liverpool, Man Utd v Leeds

Looks to me that only Chelsea v Liverpool, Arsenal v Everton and Leeds v Forest could be moved into GW21. Arsenal play tomorrow night at Oxford. Pool and Leeds have replays. Every other cancelled tie has at least one team into the 4th round.

In GW21, Liverpool are playing Chelsea, have we ever had a situation were two teams player each other in successive GW's home and away. Likewise Arsenal are playing Everton in GW22 as are Leeds v Forest. I've never looked into fixtures setting before - I always thought it was in someway random, but looking at those few I'm guessing it's not?

That's a fair point. I wonder whether it makes it less likely that the EPL uses the FA Cup 4th round weekend for catch-ups as they may want to avoid these back-to-back league fixtures.

I guess it might depend on how critical a fixture is. I know they really wanted to get the MUFC Palace game in as MUFC potentially have a 2 legged Caribou semi followed by a Caribou final, definitely have a 2 legged Europa Playoff followed by potential further Europa games and could get a run in the FA Cup as well. So they were priority to get sorted. Whereas something like Arsenal v Everton or Leeds v Forest can be put in on any European midweek.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,697 ✭✭✭✭Fitz*

Did Villa play (Burnley or Palace maybe?) in back to back games last season? if not, the 2 games were very close to each other.

Spurs have a very tricky spell of fixtures coming up - Arsenal, Man City, & Man City are 3 of the next 4 games. Yet Kane is still a very popular transfer in. I'm very much considering it, but is it the best time to buy him? Are we being swayed by the DGW, when we won't even captain him?

Spurs don't strike me as a team who score multiple goals either, but Kane is getting his continent 1 goal every game.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,669 ✭✭✭sheroman01

Was coming here to ask is Kane In still the smart move. I think he's kinda fixture proof, and with the double coming up it's worth a punt. Especially with Fulham after the double. He can be shipped out after that possibly. I think I'll do it.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,266 ✭✭✭✭gammygils

Was to ship Martial this week but might hold.

Have 2 FT's so Salah/Nunez out for Rashers/Kane

• Registered Users Posts: 303 ✭✭The Guru 123

I think it’d be very hard to find any reason not to do that move. Far better performing assets both with double gameweeks.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,675 ✭✭✭dr.kenneth noisewater

With the DGW I'll probably get Dalot in for Cancelo. Was the much more attacking FB before the WC and now that he's back I think he'll outscore Shaw. Other FT then will be Salah to KDB most likely

• Registered Users Posts: 22,625 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

Moved early due to price rises, not ideal but meh

Cancelo, Darwin & Andreas to Kane Stones & Mitoma. Andreas to Mitoma a bit of a luxury transfer but he's on a fire and Brighton's fixtures aren't half bad. Love watching him play as well and always nice to own players you enjoy watching.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,969 ✭✭✭Trimm Trabb

Trying to get my head around upcoming doubles. I know about Utd’s this week, and another probable one with Leeds in a couple of weeks. Then there is City v Arsenal in 23.

Is there anything else likely to come up in short term or is everything else looking like later down the line?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,812 ✭✭✭bantee

Thinking Cancelo/Salah/Darwin to Stones/KDB/Kane for a -8

Dalot off injured before HT tonight. AWB (4.3m) replaced him.

Nunez to Kane done.

Still have another transfer.

Is it really worth selling Cancelo? Or should I just hold? Whose the best next City defender then - Stones?

I'm 0.1 away from Stones which is annoying as it looks like he's the City defender to bring in.

Who's the next best option - Ake or Akanji? I'm leaning towards Ake as he can play LB or LCB.

Might have to make the move tonight because of price rises which is annoying, when Man City play tomorrow and give us an indication of who might play at the weekend. There's a shirt turnaround between Wednesday & Saturday.

• Registered Users Posts: 292 ✭✭Darksoul

Honest opinion about Casemiro as a punt for the double,his link up with Rashford lately is very noticeable even again tonight.

Only 4.9m with a double and a chance of getting a assist isn't bad right?

Very tempted to bring him as I have 2 FT I'd remove Pereira 4.5m

What ye guys think?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,461 ✭✭✭✭MEGA BRO WOLF 5000

People's feelings on KDB? Currently stinking out my team. Stick with him or sell to get in Kane/Odegaard.

• Advertisement

I dunno about KdB - Mahrez seems to have some form - while KdB is more nailed to start his form has been poor enough lately.

Advertisement