Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Harry and Meghan - OP updated with Threadbanned Users 4/5/21

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,034 ✭✭✭hamburgham

• Registered Users Posts: 146 ✭✭Staleturnips

Those particular comments, horrible as they were, were made well after they decided to quietly withdraw from the spotlight of the RF

• Registered Users Posts: 40,138 ✭✭✭✭Boggles

but a 14 mil house

It's worth 29 mil now.

Chitching.

• Registered Users Posts: 82,587 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Was Camilla ever an object of rodgerabilty by the general public?

• Registered Users Posts: 23,638 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

Wonder when Archie/Lillibeth will releae their "truth".

• Advertisement

For decades it was well know she was an absolute serpent.

How many families has she broken up at this stage?

Maybe keep all the children out of it, not their fault they were brought into utter dysfunction.

I imagine they are just happy they won't be raised around a certain uncle, Kate must be thinking escape plan too, would have to be as a mother.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,638 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

Well they are insisting on keeping themselves in the media so dont know why they wouldn't exploit the kids for profit.

They are just a living contradiction.

• Registered Users Posts: 632 ✭✭✭squidgainz

Id say they will be happy to have not of known their uncle.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,999 ✭✭✭Oscar_Madison

They’re coming out of 70 years of the one monarch - and all that that entails in terms of traditions, ways of working etc.

I think the UK tolerated it and some absolutely loved it but as we saw with the queens funeral, the public weren’t just saying goodbye to the Queen, they were also saying goodbye to essentially the monarchy as they knew it, understood it, and engaged/interacted with it.

I don’t think Charles will want to rock too many boats- he’ll try and hang on to whatever he feels the public will want to see him doing- and that’s not a bad thing in the short term- but I think he should abdicate by agreement with William in 10 years time max and let younger thinking evolve and make a go of a different type of monarchy- maybe similar to other European models.

Brexit really spewed out a lot of guff not far off “make the empire great again” etc - we can see today how stale that thinking is - the monarchy for I’d say most, but just by a hairs breath, is still part of being British - but while it needs a radical overhaul , it’s not in a Harry -elephant in a china store- approach, as he’s just alienating everyone- RF and British public

Post edited by Boards.ie: Mike on

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,873 ✭✭✭sporina

awe ok - you have read/seen other material - got ya.. guess I was talking specifically about Harry now and his latest revelations (on the interview).. twas crazy how he was contradicting himself in every other breath. Just wondering for people who watched the interview AND got/will get the book - I don't get it.. why would anyone wanna read more after hearing his mess the other night.. the mind boggles.

…I can understand it if you’re either British or American as it’s pure soap opera and millions love soap opera - it’s not even 1970s Emerdale soap opera, it’s full on Eastenders including the Mitchell brothers with a touch of Dallas and Dynasty 😂

Harry yet again explaining quite eloquently how utterly dangerous and insidious the cultists are.

At this stage it’s becoming a yawn fest - thankfully the book was leaked in Spain so the hype is over it’s peak and fast descending to burnout - hope Harry is happy counting his millions in his parlour and that they give him some comfort- at least he’s a few more bob more to spend on therapists psychics and quacks who likely have their arms outstretched as we speak.

• Administrators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,947 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Neyite

Brexit really spewed out a lot of guff not far off “make the empire great again” etc - we can see today how stale that thinking is - the monarchy for I’d say most, but just by a hairs breath, is still part of being British - but while it needs a radical overhaul , it’s not in a Harry -elephant in a china store- approach, as he’s just alienating everyone- RF and British public

I've family in Britain and the weird thing is that even while simultaneously slagging off various members of the RF for varying degrees of twat behaviour, the are still fiercely patriotic and see the royals and that whole institution as something that sets them apart, makes them as a nation, more special and superior. There's this obsession with the class system in the UK as a result, and a deference/awe for those that they see as 'above' them - and it also feeds into the day to day low level racism that reinforces the belief for many that people of colour are the lowest rung of all on the class system. Like, it's fine if a brown person runs the corner shop but him thinking he can be PM... oooh getting ideas above his station! Might be just the horrible weirdos I'm related to though.

Harry has issues, that's evident. But what really comes across with all this is his inability to see that he himself is repeating the mistakes of his parents. His parents both did tell-alls and while it was explosive and highly entertaining for the rest of us, it didn't really change a damn thing for them personally except create dysfunction for their kids. It's not going to trigger institutional change or alter public opinion of the monarchy.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,926 ✭✭✭dogbert27

All celebrities / famous people have good things and bad things written about them by the press.

In Scandanavia it's no different with the Danish, Swedish and Norwegian royal families but I don't see them here on tv whinging on about it.

Like other A-list celebrities and famous people they stay above it and get on with their lives.

The only people who go on so much as Harry and Meghan do are the z-list celebrities from love island and such sxxt shows who try to keep themselves relevant.

If Harry really wanted to throw his support to a cause against the tabloid press he could have joined the Hillsborough Families who spent nearly 30 years looking for justice from the inhumane articles written at the time.

But no, somebody like Dan Wooton writes a mocking piece in the DM and Meghan gets suicidal. FFS. The two of them are nearly 40, grow up and move on.

it didn't really change a damn thing for them personally

Really? I think Diana telling her story endeared her to the world and gave a glimpse of how seedy the institution is. Charles just came across as the spoilt entitled cockwomble he is.

it didn't really change a damn thing for them personally except create dysfunction for their kids

Personally it will give them the financial muscle to protect to their kids. Something neither of Harry's parents had to worry about.

Harry has made no secret about that.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,022 ✭✭✭JoChervil

Yeah, because he tells things as they were with no his own dangerous spin....

• Registered Users Posts: 12,387 ✭✭✭✭Sardonicat

Honestly, my impression of Diana after that interview was that she was paranoid, deluded, vindictive and manipulative and saw herself as a hard done by victim. And Harry is coming across exactly the same way. Unfortunately for Harry, he doesn't appear to have the warmth and empathy his mother had as a counter balance.

Honestly, my impression of Diana after that interview was that she was paranoid

Yeah she had absolutely no right to be that. 😕 😂

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 30,549 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

Does anybody know of Harry mentioned Diana's affair and how that might have effeced his childhood or is that for a future book?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,478 ✭✭✭valoren

• Registered Users Posts: 12,387 ✭✭✭✭Sardonicat

Yup, tough life living in palaces with servants (oops, sorry, staff) for my every basic need, dressed in the best of designer fashion, jewellery worth millions , jetting around the globe, friends with the elitist of celebs, beloved by millions, two beautiful, strong healthy children, one of whom will become an actual King.... but let's just focus on my husband's poor treatment of me and not on all the amazing things in my life.

• Administrators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,947 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Neyite

She was also duped with knowingly falsified documents that Bashir created. Those documents claimed that her private secretary and her body guards were getting unexplained payments from Charles. The implication being that her ex husband was using who she should have trusted implicity to spy on her. That ensured that she felt paranoid enough to believe them and decline the royal protection squad.

I was thinking more about Harry's mocking of the disabled matron at his school (now entirely identifiable thanks to his description in his memoir) and while Diana had a lot of awful traits, and could be unkind in her own way (Will Carling's wife) She had what seems to be a genuine empathy for the sick and disabled. You would think that even with his Invictus charity he would have matured enough to realise that he was cruel but no - he continues to be cruel to an identifiable disabled lady by describing in detail how he made fun of her behind her back. She must be so upset right now knowing now what was said about her.

He's got all of Diana's less attractive qualities, and none of her better ones.

• Registered Users Posts: 55,694 ✭✭✭✭walshb

Seriously, will you give a rest with this incessant cultist nonsense labeling just because some people have a negative/differing view regarding Harry and Harry’s actions.

Yeah, shut up Diana you don't need your family. Or mental health. Mouthy sow. 🙄

• Registered Users Posts: 55,694 ✭✭✭✭walshb

I have the audio book and am 5 chapters in, so far it’s brilliant, very well written and so far the leaked bits seem very much out of context , he has a sense of humour too which cones across in his reading.

so far without a doubt Charles lacks any sense of sensitivity and father skills, and their relationship in the book is expressed with humour. He is carrying a lot of anger over his mother and he can’t let it go and why should he.

one if his bitter memories is facing the crowds after his mother died and reaching for Charles hand for support and the noise of the camera clicks that action caused

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 30,549 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

Just out of interest why do you dislike the Royal family and Harry and Megan so much?

It's just the impression I'm getting off you. Sorry, if you mentioned this already.

Advertisement