Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trivial things that make you happy - Part 3 - The Happyning

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,258 ✭✭✭SuperBowserWorld

The birds.

Feeding the birds.

Watching the birds.

Listening to the birds.

I love all the wild birds we have here.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,908 ✭✭✭sporina

awe - enjoy - got one of those with a docking station I got as a pressie for xmas back in 2009.. the docking station is redundant (left the ipod touch on a flight from Panama grr).. but I still have the 3 port USB charger,.. v handy..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,178 ✭✭✭wildwillow

Post edited by wildwillow on

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,616 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

Just flicking through social media after a nice lunch and encountered a joke…that tickled my funny bone….

A family from Spain moved in next door, two parents, a 6 year old and a 4 year old.

I met the 4 year old outside the garden and asked him what was the Spanish for please, the kid just looked at the ground, shrugged his shoulders and shook his head, I thought… jeez, that’s poor for four.

• Advertisement

Stranger danger!

During my cleanup I found an old one4all voucher….stuck the number in the website thinking there would be feck all left but it’s the one I thought I lost, not used, with 150 euros on it, result… 😋

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭madmaggie

Got my veggie seeds delivery today. Way too early to start, but just looking at them cheers me up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,313 ✭✭✭Archeron

The birds were still singing at six o clock this evening. Grand stretch coming soon

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,210 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

Two for the price of one..

Pair of boobs instead of one 😁

To thine own self be true

• Advertisement

woo hoo..

I found a voucher for Ticket Master too while going thru some admin the other day.. got it for xmas 2019 lol.. guess I forgot about it what with the C pandemic..

booked a gig for us in Vicar st with it woo hoo

After weeks of trying to get through to my uncle on the phone, he finally answered. He's a divil, only answers if he feels like it. Caught him the minute Countdown finished, I know his routine!

met thee loveliest staff in various stores today - inc. a bank.. some went beyond the call of duty.. I think a lot of people are a lot more human since the pandemic.. just a thought - or mayb it me.. i'm in great form - positive attitude attracts the same.. good vibes - feels great..

This gave me a good laugh….Went to check out accommodation and rates for family members in a very very isolated and rural western part of Ireland which they’d visited several times in their more youthful lives…. The guesthouse they stayed in isn’t a guesthouse anymore but on checking another property….. seating area, heating and toilet paper are included as the list of features / amenities.

if you checked into a guesthouse to find that you couldn’t sit down, clean your arse and were shivering your ballerics off…100 euros a night would not seem like brilliant value 😬… ohh not forgetting…. ‘Carpet’

@Strumms and a wardrobe. Saves tying your own wardrobe to the roof rack.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,942 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

The simple pleasure and cosy feeling that new fluffy socks brings 😊

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,461 ✭✭✭✭Tauriel

Thrilled to see the news that demand for the Women's World Cup opening game between Australia and our girls in green is so high that they are having to move the game from a 43,500 seater stadium to an 83,500 stadium. If this match sells out it will be the second highest attended match in Women's World Cup history.

I'm so looking forward to this tournament!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,313 ✭✭✭Archeron

Unexpected pancakes with bacon and enough maple syrup to drown a gremlin in.

Perched waiting for match of the day to start. I'm a United fan. ☺️

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,609 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Had a walk around Glasnevin Cemetery recently and enjoyed the history/artifacts associated with it. Delighted I saw Luke Kelly's grave (its a bit tricky too find the plot he's buried in)

Love how the bold Brenden Behan is buried yards from 'Prospect Gate' which leads too 'The Gravediggers Pub'. Had to get the Guinness in there which was lovely

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 475 ✭✭Goodigal

Finally made it to Achill yesterday on a wild and stormy day and had an amazing time watching the Atlantic bash in. Was exhilarating! Had great company too 😊

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,018 ✭✭✭✭bnt

Started a new job last week, which has shorter hours and the commute is shorter too, so I already get over an hour a day back compared to my old job. As if that wasn't enough, I just checked the BusConnects plan again, and noticed that one of the planned buses (F1) stops closer to my office and closer to home than the current bus I take. What am I going to do with all this extra time? I'm sure I'll think of something ...

Death has this much to be said for it:
    You don’t have to get out of bed for it.
    Wherever you happen to be
    They bring it to you—free.

— Kingsley Amis

lovely weekend had.. birthday dinner party for an amazing human being (a wonderful friend - blessed to have her).. feeling love in general.. weather was great to nice walks in nature had... nothing to moan about.. sleep well all.. hope ye had a great weekend too

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

Back online after a lightning strike and power surge effect killed the modem over a week ago, Also I was unable to check how much power I had left ) tesco payg and I pay online. ) Could barely even open the door...The cats took one look and backed away..

Westnet folk came over today so finally all is as it should be. Happy I WAS well prepared with fuel already inside etc.

All is well

needed to contact the service department for the first time of a fitness equipment company im a client of. I’ve been more than happy with the products up to now, but one important query….

the detailed email was sent to the company, at 9.32…. Comprehensive reply at 10.05. Rare to get such good service and efficient/interested/helpful and comprehensive responses from corporate giants but credit where it is due….thought I’d be without my treadmill for a day or two but no. All is good.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,197 CMod ✭✭✭✭ancapailldorcha

Was watching an episode of Cheers when Jim Norton (Bishop Brennan) appears. Random.

The foreigner residing among you must be treated as your native-born. Love them as yourself, for you were foreigners in Egypt. I am the LORD your God.

Leviticus 19:34

hmm lovely birdsong outside in the garden this am woo hoo.. Spring is in the air.. have a great day everyone x

• Registered Users Posts: 6,412 ✭✭✭Jequ0n

I recently seem to have ordered a book (or books) while I was high as a kite and I have absolutely no recollection what I bought and why. It’s a bit like Christmas Day as I am waiting for my surprise parcel to be delivered.

edit: It was a book on decapitation burials and a childrens book that I have always hatred with a passion. That must have been a good night.

Post edited by Jequ0n on

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,954 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

White toast made with homemade bread. Delicious, comfort food.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,786 ✭✭✭✭yourdeadwright

My youngest is 3 & waits at the window for me every night to get home from work ,

Then comes sits on my lap in the kitchen & eats half my dinner ,its his little ting so much so that the missus give me a massive dinner just so we both get feed, I literally can't wait to get home form work each day just for that little ritual ,

Advertisement