Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Tesla Model Y

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭CBD2

Tesla Sandyford phoned me today as a follow up on my test drive last week. Told them I was likely going to place order for Model Y RWD but would like to drive it first,( car I test drove was MY LR AWD). He said he will fit me in for a test drive tomorrow morning on the RWD.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,245 ✭✭✭ADSLUSER

That's after the Tesla "made up" savings, the actually cost of the Model Y LR with white colour option is as follows:

• Registered Users Posts: 261 ✭✭ElitesTeam

Tesla model Y seems very well price for standard range. This will surely be more popular than the model 3.

Surely model 3 will be discounted

• Registered Users Posts: 21,989 ✭✭✭✭ELM327

Yes b2b transactions are not covered by the DSL, only B2C

• Registered Users Posts: 1,839 ✭✭✭rx8

Jaysus, my bad, sorry 'bout that.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 19,021 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

Yes/No, Model 3 better looking (subjective), better range, quieter ride and better suspension, not as big (a positive to some) but for the masses the Y will likely be the one to choose

My stuff for sale on Adverts inc. EDDI, hot water cylinder, roof rails...

Public Profile active ads for slave1 (adverts.ie)

• Registered Users Posts: 13,934 ✭✭✭✭josip

I'm loving the site more and more. A fortnight ago I found out I was wannabe middle class. Now I realise I'm part of the undiscerning horde 🙂. Where will my voyage of self-discovery take me to next?

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,313 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭CBD2

I asked this on test drive last week. Was told it comes with a granny cable and a type 2 cable.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭Redfox25

Tesla owners were described as the vegans * of the ev world recently so lots of growth ahead.

*disclaimer, as with everything on the Internet this is "fact"

• Advertisement

Vegan!!!! I drove around in full real leather Tesla for 2 years, moooooo!

• Registered Users Posts: 412 ✭✭rodneytrotter15

Got a text from Sandyford sales to confirm no trade in and paying cash. Asked about delivery window being accurate in the reply and didn't get anything. I suspect at this point it probably is. Was chatting to my cousin earlier, the last 3 cars she bought new from them all landed within the first delivery window.

Here's hoping.

The delivery window is accurate, when contacting you Tesla will likely give you two to three delivery slots for you to choose from, Baldonnel

• Registered Users Posts: 1,999 ✭✭✭Spipov

yes i got the order confirmation email as well

• Registered Users Posts: 1,792 ✭✭✭mailforkev

Sh*te.....there I was planning on how to get from Heuston to Sandyford. Back to Google now.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,123 ✭✭✭sh81722

Not only that but no ads from Tesla in their paper either.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,765 ✭✭✭ds20prefecture

I think Tesla just knocked 5grand off the price of the model Y. My order confirmation which doesn’t show the grant was reissued today at 5k less. Anyone else?

• Registered Users Posts: 31 Brian Michael

Has anyone looked at issues like this, and any thoughts on it?

I’ve seen a few You Tube videos where the car just dies while driving on the motorway.

• Registered Users Posts: 968 ✭✭✭gabbo is coming

I wish. Not showing for me. Same amount as it always was

• Advertisement

Nope, mine shows €54,263 (white seats) doesn't show the grant the price breakdown but states "Includes Vehicle Registra+on Tax of € 4,078.82 Includes SEAI Grant of € 5,000.00" in the notes

• Registered Users Posts: 13,934 ✭✭✭✭josip

Price shown is net of grant, always has been for me.

Also, a €5k drop, exactly the same as the grant, would be a massive, unnecessary drop and should set off the "wishful thinking/too good to be true" alarm.

Got the same text from David. I’ve dealt with David before. Nice bloke. He’s problem sending about 386 texts today 🤣

Haven’t had any issues like that thankfully.

Im going to be cheeky and call tesla tomorrow. Ill see if i could change to a blue colour and get the tow bar installed after. Is there a difference between ordering it on the car or getting installed after in terms of how its installed? Or do they just get installed when they arrive here?

• Registered Users Posts: 572 ✭✭✭Foreign Sports

You should have an option to edit your order so you can change to Blue.

Adding the tow bar beforehand would presumably mean you'd lose the grant so better to get it installed afterwards.

Yes thats what id like to do, but is it the same thing? Ie tow bar from factory or after ? Or do they all get installed here after?

want to make sure i dont lose the grant.

my wife will have my head if no tow bar.

• Registered Users Posts: 206 ✭✭vimalandrew

https://www.irishtimes.com/motors/review/2023/01/11/teslas-model-y-is-fast-its-roomy-and-it-goes-an-impressively-long-way-then-the-problems-start/

Unfortunately, from here on in, the Model Y’s case starts to fall apart somewhat. First of all, there’s the quality issue. Tesla’s, shall we say, variable quality levels have been long noted. Buying a Tesla is rather like buying an old Alfa Romeo. You might get a good one that performs faultlessly and provides reliable transport for years to come. Equally, you might not…

While nothing actually went wrong with our test car, the lack of underlying quality in the cabin was very obvious. With each bump or lump in the road that we drove over, the cabin rattled and clattered as if we were carrying around a bag full of used spray paint cans. It was not edifying, and it was certainly not appropriate for a car wearing a €66,000 price tag. For reference, an identically priced Ford Mustang Mach-E exhibited not a single cabin rattle nor squeak when we tested it recently

Some of the fault for those cabin rattles must be levelled at the ride quality. Compared to rivals, the Model Y is noticeably firm on its springs, but it would not feel excessively so were the damping better. Again, comparing it to the Ford, the Mach-E is similarly firm but its damping and suspension control is much better, so you feel that the vehicle moves as a piece when reacting to bumps.

The rest of the dynamic package is equally poor. Unlike the Model 3 saloon, with which the Model Y shares a chassis, this SUV feels perched up and somewhat shopping-trolley-like in corners. The steering is artificial in feel and overgeared, so that small movements translate into sudden responses.

Even in “Chill” mode, the response to the accelerator is just as jerky. It is not a comfortable car to drive. Nor is it refined – even without the cabin rattles, there’s significant tyre roar and wind noise at a motorway cruise. You notice it most when you slow down and realise just how high you had the stereo turned up. A Hyundai Ioniq 5 or VW ID.5 is far quieter inside.

The lack of underlying quality in the cabin was very obvious

There’s also the question of the autopilot, which is, in spite of the name, nothing of the sort – it’s adaptive cruise control and lane-keeping steering, and you have to very much watch it like a hawk. To be blunt, I never felt safe using the system. The steering control has an inconsistent response, which can see it firmly hold you in lane or suddenly releasing control in response to what felt like very little pressure on the steering wheel. The acceleration and distance kept from vehicles in front didn’t feel confidence-inspiring either. Rivals certainly offer better calibrated systems.

Speaking of rivals, I feel that the Model Y’s overall performance indicates that what we’ve expected for some time has come to pass – that Tesla’s so-called “legacy carmaker” rivals have caught up and passed it out. Musk’s company still has a lead when it comes to battery performance and charging, but as a car the Model Y has now decidedly slipped behind similarly priced rivals such as the Mustang Mach-E, the Hyundai Ioniq 5, and the VW ID.5 and ID.Buzz. It simply doesn’t have the quality levels to compete at the price level it’s being pitched

There’s an extra 117 litres of space in the “frunk” under the bonnet

If Elon Musk can unhitch himself from his current social media debacle and refocus his unquestionably large brain on Tesla, perhaps that gap could be made up and even overtaken once again. Either way, Tesla needs to grow up as a carmaker. It needs to stop being part of its owner’s personality cult and instead focus on making cars that are of as high quality as its rivals.

• Advertisement

Do we need the same crappy review posted three times in the same day?

Advertisement