Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GW20 - Transfer Thread (double trouble)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,669 ✭✭✭sheroman01

I don’t think it’s worth the punt. Uniteds DGW fixtures aren’t even that good. Pereira is the best 4.5m bench fodder in the game, and likely out scores Casemiro till the end of the season.

Yay for -8 week!

Out: Groß, Mount, Cancelo

In: Shaw, Rashford, Olise

Guessing here but with a little bit of rationale I think walker probably starts both games if fit given two big threats against them will be son and rashford who have bags of pace.

If he starts he would stay in the back 3 in possession which would probably mean cancelo back starting at rb yo help midfield on build up.

Stones does seem nailed, is ake the only left footer if.so I'd probably guess him.

PeP was also quoted as trying something mad out against united to win I only saw a headline that didn't look into it anymore 🤣 helpful as ever is our pep

Not sure what the budget is but if you wanted a punt on a low owned united midfielder Erikson is a much better choice over casamerio imo.

I nearly feel garnacho at probably 25% casamerios minutes would be a better punt.

Tbf cas has showed up with a few goals and plays most minutes buy I dont think I ever get there personally

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,927 ✭✭✭Mr Crispy

Have 2 x FTs this week, but I'm reasonably happy with my squad for a change. Will use one to bring in Stones and then roll the other I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,697 ✭✭✭✭Fitz*

Good thinking, City are using that 3-2 formation when building up possession with Lewis / Cancelo dropping in alongside Rodri.

If they are to start Walker, that would suggest to me that Cancelo will play the LB/CM hybrid with Ake as the LCB cover and Stones.

If Walker doesn't play, you would think that it would be Ake, Akanji, Stones and either Cancelo/Lewis as the RB/CM.

I think they might go with Cancelo, Ake, Stones, Walker.

Of course, I am saying this with confirmation bias of wanting Ake to start so I can justify buying him! My thinking is that Ake offers the natural left sided CB option whereas Akanji is more right sided. And a left sided defender is needed either way.

O **** ya i meant LB with Cancelo whoops, my bias also makes me want this as i have cancel :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,812 ✭✭✭bantee

Fair point, also some rumours of Stones fitness tonight as he was left out of squad so now thinking Cancelo/Salah/Pereira to Shaw/Son/Mahrez. Only issue is that Son doesn't have form either and I'm stuck with Darwin for at least another week.

Brighton have conceded in 7 games in a row, conceding a good few big chances. According to Ben Crellin, Darwin has a possibility of a DGW in GW21 also, so I'm not rushing to sell just yet. My only Liverpool player.

• Advertisement

Cancelo to Shaw or another City defender? Or just stick with Cancelo?

Stones missing tonight’s game through injury is annoying. Would’ve felt more confident bringing him in.

• Registered Users Posts: 303 ✭✭The Guru 123

Is Zaha a mad punt this week? Want Kane in for Wilson so need to sell Salah to afford it. Would be moving on Zaha again fairly quickly. Could go with Mahrez but think he could be a bit punty

• Registered Users Posts: 19,705 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

I think going forward I would be getting in Darwin so I wouldn’t be selling unless it was only way to get Kane.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,531 ✭✭✭Gusser09

KDB has been dreadful for a good while now. It'll replace him this week but I know he'll probably get a 12 then.

I'll post my changes this afternoon.

At the moment it's looking like the following

At the moment I'm considering a wildcard

Cancelo out for Shaw

KDB out for Rashford

Greenwood out for Kane

Drewsbry Hall out for Grob

Also considering dumping Salah for Odegard.

Thoughts?

Somehow Kane has avoided a price rise 3 days in a row!

• Registered Users Posts: 19,705 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

solid transfers, but if your using a WC I would probably do more than that - what is your defence like

• Registered Users Posts: 7,531 ✭✭✭Gusser09

team currently starting is

GK POPE

DEF TRIPPIER

DEF GABRIEL

DEF CANCELO

MID KDB

MID PERREIRA

MID SALAH

MID ALMIRON

MID DEWSBERRY HALL

FW HALAAND

FW MITRO

SUB

HENRY

GREENWOOD

HENDERSON

WILLIAMS

• Registered Users Posts: 1,042 ✭✭✭chases0102

Have many brought in Mitoma, or even Rodrigo? Nice fixtures in front of them

• Registered Users Posts: 8,737 ✭✭✭shmeee

Nunez to Kane and Cancelo to a 5.3 defender? Maybe Newcastle cover along with Trippier. 2 FT's so looks an obvious move on form. Have Shaw and White. But the fear of losing Nunez and may be DGW soon too. Won't pull trigger until last minute if we do get news tomorrow on DGW's.

Not much exciting me in defence and Man City is a mine field to pick one and now Stones flagged.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,212 ✭✭✭POKERKING

After last night il be surprised if cancelo plays a game for city anytime soon. The back four i think they play on sat is

lewis-akanje-stones-ake

• Advertisement

Was all set on Cancelo to Shaw but now I have the fear of Shaw being rested against Palace. That game is sandwiched between two huge games against City and Arsenal.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,654 ✭✭✭MacDanger

With the difficult games involved, is this DGW a trap?

I'm thinking of Wlison & Cancelo out for Kane & a Newcastle defender (Burn or Schar)

• Registered Users Posts: 496 ✭✭Ozvaldo

Cancelo was absolute sh1te last night so with Peps form I expect him to start this weekend

That's an absolute headache only have haaland and cancelo had planned on bringing in a man city mid but do I just get rid of cancelo, can't really bench him on a dgw, city really are a pain fpl wise, I suppose it was.l always the case just feels worse since the world cup finished

• Registered Users Posts: 9,683 ✭✭✭Cartman78

Is Salah to KDB almost too obvious and suspiciously sensible?

I also have Darwin fwiw

Nunez is a doubt for the Brighton game. Not in training pics and talks of a small injury.

Moving early on transfers is coming back to haunt me now.

Where's Gakpo?

Do players have to have played a game to be added?

• Registered Users Posts: 621 ✭✭✭The wonderfish

Getting rid of cancelo - madness to even think that a few weeks back and now he is on a DGW aswell 😲, but just think he has for whatever reason fell out of favour with Pep. Anyway been a bad few weeks, Im one of the Salah & KDB owners and its been grim so going to rejig a bit before i seriously lose interest!. Thinking of a -4 or even a -8 (100pts behind in ML and need to change it up). So looking at bringing in some Spurs defense for the DGW, have funds for either Doherty or Lenglet, any idea which one is more nailed?

• Advertisement

Ahhh nice one.

Dopey here was looking for him in the Liverpool squad

Advertisement