Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How to deal with problematic neighbors dog?

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭Manion

The best thing for dogs off lead in public spaces is your own pitbull. I have two and whenever out walking people seem to always relead and call back their friendly dogs. If you where to adopt Carmine here: https://www.dogstrust.ie/rehoming/dogs/dog/filters/~~giant~~~~n~/7130350/carmine I guarantee your days of random dogs rushing up to you would be over. You're welcome.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,975 ✭✭✭Former Former Former

Having a toerag with a dangerous dog next door absolutely makes a house less desirable and therefore less valuable.

That's just how it is.

Hold on, how is the neighbour suddenly a toerag? Just because the curtain twitchers cannot figure out their comings and goings and they are young? They've done nothing to the OP and the dog doesn't even bark.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,053 ✭✭✭xhomelezz

What are you talking about? OP knows fook all about his neighbours and their dog, so how did you manage to come to this?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,975 ✭✭✭Former Former Former

Well, the OP (the only person who has actually encountered these people) says:

less than desirable and her partner portrays himself as a toughman

so there's that, and they a) have a pitbull and b) have a pitbull in the same house as toddler and a baby

Yeah, I'm happy to say they're not the sort of people you want to live beside. Or more precisely, not the sort of people I want to live beside, given my aversion to toe-rags with dangerous dogs.

• Advertisement

Well where else would the toddler and baby live? They're too young to live outside. You've not thought this one through. Honestly the OP is talking about turning the property into a modern day flop house with people coming day and night with no regard for the neighbors or community and we're meant care more about their yields than another persons right to enjoy the privacy of their own home in piece. The gall of some people is unreal.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,053 ✭✭✭xhomelezz

OP didn't encounter his neighbours as far as I can read. It looks like OP is more of this kind of business..

And for your a) and b) that's non of your business, nor is OP's.

As other posters suggested, if dog will be wandering lose on the street, call the warden. If dog is being kept secure around the property no issue whatsoever there.

And so far OP is just being nosey IMO

On another forum somewhere a young man or woman is seeking advice about the oddball that's been pottering around next door recently.

Your neighbour (the landlord) is quite obviously happy with their credentials as tenants.

• Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭YipeeDee

All you can do is build up the wall to the maximum height allowed and I’d also put wire with a bend back on top so if the dog does try to jump it, it’ll fall back on itself. Once you’ve made every effort to ensure the dangerous dog can’t get on to your property, there’s little else you can do.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,254 ✭✭✭Oops!

I recon the OP is Bill Badbody and he's after outing himself..... Live... laugh... Lease.

• Advertisement
Advertisement