Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Garda Recruitment 2022/2023

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 32 TMG1990

Any one in Donegal get called to meet a station yet???

• Registered Users Posts: 8 JD2913

I wonder how it works? I have completed the medical, passed and still haven’t heard anything from a station. I’m batch 4 top 15 in OOM.

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭Clono

It's crazy I've everything done inspector told me they are mad to get people in quick and there is no word people also need to give notice to jobs

• Registered Users Posts: 11 starbht

Has anyone brought the application form course off career services? Is it worth it? Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭Jahcork

that’s what i used to pass the interview it’s very good or you could use Garda IP he’s very good and will do a zoom call with u

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 120 ✭✭JohnSmith98

Seems to be entirely based on local stations and how busy/lazy they are. People have gotten their medical, sergeant and super interview all done in 2 weeks whereas others are waiting months. I've been waiting over 2 months for my super interview but people above have had it literally days after their sergeant interview

So it seems entirely luck based on how busy your local station is.

• Registered Users Posts: 10 joc2022

I’m also in batch 6 and have my medical tomorrow but no word from sergeant/super. Did your local station call you directly? @Wexfordgal0987

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭Wexfordgal0987

Yeah they rang me this morning asking me what day next week suited and I’ll be meeting them both at same time. @joc2022

• Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭bobbyD1978

Congratulations on being the first ever hose fairy to go the opposite direction. Normally it's the lazy mules going for a snooze in Tara street 😛

• Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭bobbyD1978

In regards travel, I'm not saying don't travel but if you are set on joining AGS you can take take 5 years career breaks. Not hard to get. Take a year, travel, come back..... Repeat if desired.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26 glenns141

When did you do your medical? I’m batch 4 myself and haven’t heard anything back yet… was told I passed on the day but would like to officially know…

• Registered Users Posts: 8 JD2913

I done my medical on the 9th of December. I emailed the HRPD asking if they had any information and they emailed back saying they had my results and I was deemed fit to proceed with the competition. So other than that I haven’t been giving any real information as to what is happening.

• Registered Users Posts: 15 GDA hopeful

I’m batch 1, OOM in the top 10, still waiting for an intake date and I know there are definitely 40 give or take in the same boat from batch 1. Hoping that my vetting gets done for next intake. If you have traveled it can delay your vetting.

• Registered Users Posts: 11 AgentSmith99

It will be just the report as your main body and some other relevant info about witnesses and what type of incident it is.

• Registered Users Posts: 16 CMT123

Do you mind me asking what's the max weight you can be? I thought they got rid of that

@CMT123 they will use the standard BMI calculator which includes your height and weight.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Challenger11

Hey all,

am currently new to boards.ie

just wondering would anybody have any information on Garda stage 2 report writing assessment, i am sitting it next week and i heard you have to type the notes on your computer,can you manually write your notes down on paper and then transfer them to the laptop,any help would be greatly appreciated thank you

• Registered Users Posts: 45 deanrm

Hi, my recollection of stage 2 was that all notes must be typed on the computer in the box provided no written notes were allowed, I was worried about that as I wouldn't be overly quick at typing due to lack of practise but I passed it anyway.

They play the clip twice directly after eachother this was a great help as in previous campaigns it was only played once..

I bought Garda ip's stage 2 prep online to practice and found them excellent as the scenarios were tougher than the actual assessment.

All the best in it you'll be sound 🤝

• Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭Starlight27

Anyone know if we can have notes on desk for interview? Or does it have to be clean desk. Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 32 TMG1990

You don't do a room scan. But you are asked to look into the camera so you cant read notes.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭Starlight27

How long after the interview did people have to wait until they got the results? Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭PCO2019

@Starlight27 Are u batch seven ? If so the results will be out next Friday. The wait at the moment seems to be about three weeks if you’re one of the first candidates to interview in a batch.

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭Clono

Has anyone else heard of offers going out ? If there is still people from batch 1,2,3 waiting on a call I would imagine alot of people are going to be waiting until middle or the end of the year .

• Registered Users Posts: 37 ba2002

after submitting documents of id and qualification, how long does it take for them to acknowledge it send an email back stating that documents have been received?

• Registered Users Posts: 1 md98

What’s the super interview ? I thought you meet your local Sargent and then wait on a call to be enrolled into the college once your vetting clears.

• Registered Users Posts: 16 mikerso11

You have to meet both the Sgt. and superintendent before your paperwork is sent of for the vetting process

• Registered Users Posts: 16 mikerso11

From what ive been told the batches are irrelevant , only people who have been fully vetted will be called forward , there could be people in batch 5 getting a call on monday to start while others in batch one are still waiting to be vetted

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Ray_F

Hi,

I've just submitted the application for the final interview and was wondering if anyone had any advice that would be helpful for the day of interview?

I’d recommend to really understand the 5 competencies. You can’t predict what they will ask you on the day but I’d suggest having 2 examples per competency learned off. They will interrupt you but don’t be put off by it, it’s to get the most out of you on the day. They should give you time at the end to say anything you didn’t get to mention during the interview. I used GardaIP to help me prepare, it’s worth the investment. If you scroll up through the messages on this page you’ll see that other people have given advice too. Good luck in your interview. @Ray_F

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4 may4535

No you are not allowed hand write the notes you have to type inwas worried about this too but I had plenty of time just short hand it words instead of sentences then piece it all together at the end

Advertisement