Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Dublin Fire service recruitment? Anyone know??

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12 C_mc

A mate of mine who ranked in top 200 in the first tests was told his scored wasn't verified on the verbal reasoning. I was around 500 but just got the verified email. I found the supervised tests alot harder than first time round

• Registered Users Posts: 9 Jamesfarrell507

I was ranked 144 in the 1st assessment.

Did the 2nd and not verified in the verbal reasoning.

The examination was very different to the 1st assessment, text / font was smaller and the time to read over every statement was not consistent with the 1st exam as the lay out was different

• Registered Users Posts: 11 tonym8986

I think somebody may be getting a slap on the hand over this one. I know a few lads that where ranked in the top 30 said the test was changed over the technical issue on the first day which means it impossible to have a test verified if it's not the same structure or the difficulty level has being increased or which seems in this case both compared to what yous did at home. They should have left it with public jobs more straight forward. But best of luck lads & ladies

• Registered Users Posts: 7 dd106

I ranked 23rd in my first assessment.

My verbal was also not verified.

I thought the test was at a significant higher standard to the first one.

I am not sure how this is fair as they were supposed to be of a very similar standard just to verify the tests and was much harder to score as highly in this assessment. I am extremely disappointed with this as I put in a huge amount of preparation for these assessments.

I assume there is no way to appeal this does anyone know.

• Registered Users Posts: 15 JTabuena

That's what I thought as well, can't figure out how they verified since the supervised test and the online one have considerably very different parameters (ie. Level of difficulty, time allowance, font, etc). I thought you'd only have to be relatively close to your previous mark and percentile rank in order to get verified, but the supervised test seemed to be a whole different assessment altogether.

They were two completely different tests I’m not sure how they are getting away with this.I did send an email to complain about it but doubt I’ll even get a reply

• Registered Users Posts: 169 ✭✭Tardis

In 2016 & 2019, the supervised rounds had different questions to the exams at home plus additional tests that you didn't do at home. The only real difference to the supervised round this year is that it was shorter with less tests. There's no appeals process and the result is final unfortunately.

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭dub29

The verbal assessment at home gave a passage of text and had 3/4 questions that followed on the same text and then moved onto the next passage. For the supervised tests, there was a passage of text with one question on it. Then it moved to the next passage with just one question on that. As I got to the end I noticed the passages at the start of the test appeared again. It's much harder this way as when you look at a passage for a minute or two and answer a few questions on it you get time to figure it out.

I scored in 95 percentile in original verbal, dont feel like I got anywhere near that in supervised. So I'm surprised I was verified. I also noticed that it took much more reasoning in the supervised as the questions were tricky and there to catch you out. Could be possible that there was a few different sets that people got, determined by their original results.

Yes but you were ranked on each assessment individually and an average of both scores gave you an overall score from the 2 assessments

Exactly what they should have done this time around.

I don’t want to be bitter but felt I was at a disadvantage from scoring so highly in the first assessment when I really think that should work to your advantage If anything

• Advertisement

Staffline ran these tests. They also ran nifrs and cork also . The tests then where a mirror image of what a candidate took at home same structure etc as the verified test the took supervised . It was noted that the test on the day with technical issue during the verified test was exactly the same as the one that people did at home which could be seen by candidates on the 9am testing time. Therefore the test was changed completely according to the above layout quoted by someone previous

Hi everyone, 

In regards to last weeks aptitude results, for people in the same position as myself who were disappointed with sections not being verified particularly after scoring highly in the home aptitude test, I would just like to bring to your attention that I spoke with a candidate who informed me

that his first original supervised exam, (on the day the technical issue happened and we were all sent home) included questions which were extremely similar nearly identical to the home aptitude test, therefore the latest supervised test we completed was totally different and much more difficult to the one we were ment to have due to this technical issue. I feel very frustrated and let down about this as this was the fault of the recruitment company and I would strongly urge people who are in the same position as me to officially contact martin.greer@staffline.ie and firefighter2022@dublincity.ie and complain or if anyone else has another contact that we could email to express our frustration & disappointment about this system and how this technical issue has now put us in a worse position or at a disadvantage having now not successfully gotten through the aptitude test due to unverified results. 

Hopefully if enough of us complain, or even bring it to their attention, maybe something will be done about it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,383 ✭✭✭5500

To anyone with a complaint your best contacting dcc hr with the email address listed rather than staffline. The tests could easily have been done with online proctoring from the outset (same as HSE aptitude tests) and it would have saved a lot of messing about/confusion and scores all over the place here. Likewise it probably wouldn't have happened with Public Jobs, but your best avenue at this point is contacting DCC, if enough numbers do make a point they may listen

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 330 ✭✭giseva

Applications for stage 4 can now be completed on DCC website!

• Registered Users Posts: 11 ffwannabe

Anyone else experiencing any errors with the form? I'm not seeing any option to progress from my application summary

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭big.left90

Just logged in myself, same situtation. I cant see anywhere to edit my current application!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭dub29

If your doing it off a phone it won't work. Log in from laptop or PC and you will be able to do it from there. 👍

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,308 ✭✭✭Viscount Aggro

My old man used to say about a neighbours house... Not bad for a f***in fireman.

I suppose it's a handy job, if you can handle boredom, and retrieving severed heads from a backseat.

• Registered Users Posts: 18 Dollydoodle

I scored in the 99th percentile in verbal reasoning in the 1st round but the 2nd round my result came back as not verified. I had heard that in the 2nd round you have to score the same or higher to be 'verified' which is a total joke. If you score 90 in round 1 and 89 in round 2 your deemed 'not verified' even though its still an amazing mark. I complained to Staffline but they would give me an inch. I've also mails Dubli city council. Hopefully if enough of us complain they'll release the marking scheme is poorly regulated and unfairly biased against anyone who got high results in the 1st round. Well done to everyone who got through. I do think this should be addressed. Seems a lot of the high scores on verbal reasoning were not verified in round 2

Did you get a satisfactory response from him? He basically just said the result is the result.. no reference to the technical issue, refused to give me a breakdown of the questions I was asked and the answers I gave or commit to a mark/grade for comparison. Not having a grade like the 1st round makes it difficult to prove our point re the marking scheme being unfair. Providing that's true that you have to score the same or higher than round 1. Anyone who scored in the top percentiles in round one has been done a disservice here

Sorted!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 37 SAXA999

Firefighter

Firefighter

Did you not try again this time around or rejected again?

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Cianmurphy17

I'm the same, my numerical reasoning was unverified. I requested feedback from Staffline. I found that the majority of my questions were different especially numerical reasoning in which I got questions that weren't even nearly similar. This is the feedback I received. Let me know what yous think

"Further to your email below, I hope the following helps to explain the supervised verification assessment process.

The purpose of carrying out a supervised verification assessment process, is to ensure that the candidate that sat the assessment originally, was the same person that sat the Verification Assessment and hence Dublin City Council can be confident in the original candidate scores.

A not verified result indicates that the original ability test score could not be verified as the comparison of the original score with the verification score is statistically significant and the original ability score is unlikely to be an accurate reflection of the candidate’s actual ability level.

An algorithm links the original score to the verification score and a confidence indicator gives either a verified result or not verified result. There is a tolerance level allowed, but SHL in protecting IP, do not release this information. However, you can be assured that there was a ‘significant’ change in your scores in any test result marked as Not Verified.

I can confirm that the verification tests you undertook were shortened versions of the original tests and the level of questions was the same.

I can also confirm that the scores reported to you are correct and there have been no procedural flaws, so therefore there are no grounds to appeal."

• Registered Users Posts: 294 ✭✭kingstevii

Sounds like your old man was a cabbage.. Like father, like son, hey?

I got the exact same reply from staff line, I am in the same situation after scoring 99 in verbal reasoning on my 1st assessment and no indication as to the 2nd assessment only told it is not verified.

The exam was not at all like the 1st one we sat, exactly as in previous comments here

We are Penalised for doing your best and getting a good result

Gutted to say the least .

I got the same reply word for word. Staffline aren't even looking into our individual queries, your man is just replying with a generic response.

The 2nd round was totally different on verbal reasoning so for him to turn around and say we are unverified Is totally unjust!! It was a completely different exam, it can't be used to verify the 1st. It's a disgrace how it has been handled. It's our opportunity in their the hands of Staffline. Extremely infuriating. I'm so angry and disappointed over this having also scored 99 in verbal reasoning 1st round. There is no way even on a bad day you could drop score that badly

• Registered Users Posts: 2 EniygoMontoya

Same situation. Verbal reasoning not verified. Staffline have messed up and there's probably no way they will admit it at this stage.

Hopefully the Dublin City Council realises this obvious blunder.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Cianmurphy17

Are yous going to complain, Obviously the outcome won't change as the competition has progressed. Just so frustrating, 3 years of a wait now because you might have answered one question wrong. Absolutely gutted

Yeah I have submitted a compliment. I'd urge yous all who are effected to mail firefighter2022@@dublincity.ir. Dublin City Council are managing thr campaign but might nit be aware of Stafflines f*ck up. Totally unfair marking system, the higher you score the more your penalised. Its ridiculous. If enough complain they will have to acknowledge the trend and hopefully give us a fair and equal chance.

I've waited too long for this to just let it go on there error tbh

*submitted a complaint /query re an appeal

Sorry typing on the go, a few typos in that message..the email address is firefighter2022@dublincity.ie

• Advertisement

Folks, in all previous campaigns, your scores in the supervised rounds were validated against scores from unsupervised tests. The higher you scored at home then the tougher job you have to replicate that score a 2nd time. In previous campaigns questions were different in the supervised exam to at home. I can't see any complaints being entertained. Nothing has been different this year to previous years.

I have to totally disagree with you there.

In previous campaigns you were given a score in order of merit. You in no way had to verify your online score. In fact the higher your score in the first stage the more this would work to your advantage moving forward.

I have no issues with verifying my score if I was given the same exam or an exam of a similar standard (which we were told this would be the case) however this exam was in no way similar to the unsupervised test.

Layout, format , level of difficulty etc.

It was a completely different exam in every way.

So therefore I am not sure how it is possible to verify an exam when you are given a completely different exam all together.

Post edited by dd106 on

Not enough numbers passed verified stage for dcc requirements, additional to be called.

This reminds me of the farce that was the Dublin airport firefighter recruitment a few years back, I think some people are still waiting for aptitude results to this day from that :)

It's all a bit of a shambles in fairness

Ab

Again the trouble with what you are saying is the people that sat the test at 9am on the 13th of December seen and started the test that was the same exact difficulty level and style as what was taking at home before the technical issue hit. No matter how staffline try to turn it they messed up not just them talent central,shl and the server company in Sweden . The system couldn't deal with the original test being uploaded and accessed at the same time they couldn't deal with the number of people. There cork and northern Ireland testing only had 100 people split into groups of 15 so the system could handle it. The tests were uploaded in a format of all questions A together all questions b together so the server didn't sh*t itself again. So it comes down to this the original test (same as what people took at home) on the 13th never had a system check done on it to see if it could handle the numbers of people accessing it and the second the test uploaded was nowhere near what people did at home which means you can't be checked on your ability against a total different style. It's the age old thing pay peanuts you get monkey's they should of left it in the capable hands of public jobs. Fairplay to whoever got through the verified tests but ud like to think everyone should of got a fair shot with the correct test.

Are people receiving emails to resit the exam ? 🤔

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭Iceomatrix

Is there any word of how many got through/ how many they wanted to bring through?

No, people who passed at home but didnt score high enough to be brought forward, are now being brought forward to sit supervised exams. It happened last campaign with interviews. People who were unsuccessful last week are not resitting.

• Registered Users Posts: 41 Baby S 85

Anyone with some knowledge know how enforcefull DFB are with the criteria regarding endorsed licence???

• Advertisement

Licence must be unendorsed, HR will pick up on that fairly sharpish and won't let it slide

• Registered Users Posts: 12 C_mc

If you had 3 points on your licence but due to expire by the end of the year. If you passed your interview could you push off starting your training until a later class or would they pick up on it. Asking for a friend .....

Driving licence is black and white. Person in last class failed his test the week before they were due to start training and he was axed by DCC HR. Not given an chance to resit

Hi all,

Anybody here who is a holder of a degree who studied outside Ireland? I'm not sure the level of qualification for someone who finished a 4 year course (bachelor's degree). Thanks!

You'll need to get onto qqi.ie about this. They're the ones to advise you

Sorted! Thanks!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 35 GravyD

Does anybody have any idea roughly how many people they're looking to bring forward for interviews?

The unions have put in an official complaint about what's happened with the verification tests.

Hi all,

Just a random question. Does the DFB allow its employees to take up part time jobs? Of course given that it would not affect the firefighter's primary duty hours/roster.

Depends on the nature of the business, I have a relative in the DFB who regularly does some plumbing work on the side, but this is freelance work and doesn't interefere as he's not bound to a contract or roster.

• Advertisement
Advertisement