Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FF/FG/Green Government - Part 3 - Threadbanned User List in OP

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,194 ✭✭✭Jarhead_Tendler

Maybe Leo will read it and leak it to us on twitter

Maybe Blanch could update us on the English situation??

• Registered Users Posts: 1,194 ✭✭✭Jarhead_Tendler

• Registered Users Posts: 167 ✭✭jimjangles

Damien English situation like the Robert Troy situation is disgraceful, just goes to show you can't trust any of them. They're all corrupt liars. How could you trust any politician in Fianna Fail or Fine Gael when all they do is lie to suit themselves. An ordinary person would be fined or jailed. They still get to keep their job as TD and their big over 100000 a year pay packet. Sure all the TDs could be liars. What happens if a TD who isn't a minister is found out to have lied? No punishment at all? You can't trust politicians. They all lie and get away with it. It's disgraceful and people should be angrier about this. I wonder how many people couldn't get planning permission because they told the truth then you have this politician lie and get it.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,556 ✭✭✭lawrencesummers

Have you any example of an ordinary person being fined or jailed for something like this?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,273 ✭✭✭xxxxxxl

Don't most Government documents have the old Lying on this form is a criminal offence ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,281 ✭✭✭howiya

Neale Richmond named as Damien English's replacement.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,128 ✭✭✭Cluedo Monopoly

When is the Dail back? The first few sessions could be tasty.

What are they doing in the Hyacinth House?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,410 ✭✭✭jmcc

• Registered Users Posts: 5,557 ✭✭✭baldbear

More and more coming out on English on the Ditch. Selling to vulture funds whilst in charge of mortgage arrears policy & then not declaring as he spoke in the Dail.

Can he be forced out or just the whip taking off him?

And the Main newspapers of the day Are a disgrace but I suppose they are in the politicians pockets.

• Registered Users Posts: 568 ✭✭✭72sheep

Yes, in all countries the media is effectively a govmt division but in Ireland it's been taken to new levels. They are world class experts at talking down to the citizens informing us how our politicians are "decent" and that anyone who disagrees is a dangerous far right threat to society. For example, our media would never invade the privacy of a hardworking public servant like the chairman of ABP, by letting us know that his wife works in the Dept for Housing which recently published a report commending him despite the fact that ABP has been riddled with bad practices for years. That would be so so indecent!

And you know what's so depressing.... if the media sound the health warning sirens tomorrow then the public will file back indoors just like good boys and girls

• Advertisement

Earning 140k a year and in mortgage arrears.

He should be fired for that alone.

Good to see more info coming out re the mortgage arrears. I see the former minister declined to comment.

IMO we need a statement from English outlining his financial situation. Was it a case of can't or won't pay? One of the loans was from a state owned bank so there is a clear public interest.

So isnt he subject to the same laws as everyone else?

You're missing the point of what I said and honing in on one thing I said that I obviously can't prove.

I don't care about politics as much as most people on this thread. I generally find politics and politicians extremely boring.

To me he's just another crooked politician who got caught and won't face any punishment and still have his big pay packet and pension when that comes along. Nothing more will be said of it and everyone will carry on like nothing happened. It's a bit like Michael Lowry sure he's still a TD and we all know about the dodgy dealings he had and got away with. It's public knowledge.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 26,476 Mod ✭✭✭✭Podge_irl

It's public knowledge and yet the public keep voting for him. I certainly wouldn't, but your issue there should be with the people of Tipperary.

Politicians should be subject to the same laws as everyone else. If no joe soap is losing their job for this kind of offence then why should a politician?

Sure the standards in public office crowd should be able to apply a sanction for something like this.

Ultimately the electorate will decide and ghe electorate has consistently elected people like lowry unfortunatley.

SIPO have no powers because politicians like English have repeatedly refused to give them additional powers.

This on the ditch crowd who broke the story have more power to investigate politicians than SIPO have.

Oh look the government missed their target significantly - what a surprise. When they are announcing targets, they are all over the media. When they fail, they are nowhere to be seen. And they always fail. Even when they cook the books.

Government on course to 'significantly miss' waiting list reduction targets - IHCA (breakingnews.ie)

The Irish Hospital Consultants Association (IHCA) has expressed "dismay that the Government is on course to miss waiting list reduction targets for 2022 by a significant margin".

Minister for Health Stephen Donnelly launched the €350 million Waiting List Action Plan for 2022 in February, which committed to reducing active waiting lists for acute scheduled care by 18 per cent (more than 132,00) by the end of this year.

However, figures show that by the end of November the numbers of those waiting for treatment will have only dropped by 1.6 per cent (fewer than 11,500).

Over 812K on hospital waiting lists, down around 4% (rte.ie)

Over 812,000 on hospital waiting lists, down around 4%

It was significantly lower than the waiting list reduction target for the year.

Last year, the Government allocated €350m under the Waiting List Plan to reduce active waiting lists for acute scheduled care by more than 132,000 patients or 18%.

There were also 58,000 patients 'suspended' from waiting lists in December for various reasons, including not being well enough to have their treatment.

-------------------------------------

Probably the nurses fault.

812,000 patients on national public hospital waiting lists at the end of December.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 26,476 Mod ✭✭✭✭Podge_irl

When they are announcing targets, they are all over the media. When they fail, they are nowhere to be seen.

You are literally quoting two media sources talking about it.

Its a failure, but is it really necessary to go all conspiracy theory on it as well?

• Advertisement

I am talking about the relevant FFG ministers. When announcing the plan they are all bravado on the airwaves. When the plan fails, they are nowhere to be seen.

Its about accountability.

Plan = 18%

Actual = 4% (with numbers manipulated in December)

That's an epic fail in 11 months.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,719 ✭✭✭Augme

Leaky Leo's notion that English has paid a high price is comical. Only in politics, and Fine Gael, would that kind of dishonesty be accepted ans the "punishment" seen as justified. Deep down you just know Leo is fuming over the fact that English even had to step down and that the "little people" can't accept that politicians should be allowed do whatever they want.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,701 ✭✭✭StupidLikeAFox

Man helps put up election posters - it's hardly watergate is it?

In the same week we had the Ditch reporting on proper corruption and this is the best the Sindo can lead with

This does make me laugh. Ah sure it was only election posters. Ah sure it was only forgetting a few gaffs owned on and on.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,701 ✭✭✭StupidLikeAFox

Not sure if you understood the point i was making. Also, you're the one putting "a few election posters" and "forgetting a few gaffs" in the same bracket, not me.

There is no bracket it's either in the rules or its not simple really. We can argue what should be in the rules if something is not ofc.

Unusual for the Sindo/Indo to ever write anything critical of FG so it may be going through the motions. However, the fact that Donohoe has been caught on this is significant. This is a high level minister. There are regulations on receiving such help. The real journalism by The Ditch has put the efforts by the broadsheets and RTE in the shade. With Troy Story, it took weeks for Troy to finally resign. English was gone in hours. The story on Donohoe may be more of a token effort because SIPO does not have any real power.

Regards...jmcc

There isn't a single cabinet minister in Connacht. Remember that in the next election.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,378 ✭✭✭WishUWereHere

I have just watched the 6-1news on RTE. One of the items was forgetful Paschal apologising. Yet ANOTHER case of amnesia within Kildare Street by those armed to the teeth by ‘advisors’ paid for by us servants. Troy, English, Donohue, who is next? Where does it stop?

Next item was about the RSA not passing on free NCT tests for anyone waiting over 28 days.

I drive for a living and learnt today that the van I keep at home is subject to BIK.

I have been waiting since last September for my pension to be granted ( I’m 66 ).

Is there ANYTHING this government do that benefits the slaves (US, the electorate)? I would NEVER consider myself a SFeiner but OMG, this bunch of ‘dementia’ stooges masquerading as PUBLIC REPRESENTATIVES have to be removed ASAP.

Sorry for the rant.

Post edited by WishUWereHere on

Advertisement