Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Masters 2023 BBC, Eurosport 8th - 15th January

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,358 ✭✭✭✭sligeach

Obnoxious Ronnie supporters in the crowd as always.

I'm heading to this tomorrow night. Should be a bit of craic.

I'll shout something out so you'll know it's me

• Registered Users Posts: 3,024 ✭✭✭Genghis

Great match this. My two favorite players. Chance for Ronnie in the last frame goes a-begging. Willo for the win from here I'd feel.

I didn't agree with Mark going into the pack, and it's messed up. He had a loose red.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,464 ✭✭✭Arthur Daley

One handed great shot. Had to get red away from there

• Advertisement

Excuse my ignorance but why did he hit that one handed?

Mark unimpressed with the commentators. Shuts DT up for 45 seconds anyway ;)

Well that was worth waiting for from Williams. It's his match to win now.

You can shout away. It won't be for O'Sullivan. 😁

Great win for Mark. From where he was.

He's that good with a cue he can often play a shot with one hand.

• Advertisement

The BBC team need some new exclamations.

What a shot

What a match

What a performance

What a game

What an afternoon

Well done Williams. He showed good composure.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,709 ✭✭✭✭Snake Plisken

Fantastic match from both players. Hope Williams goes on and wins the tournament now.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,410 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

Bit of a classic, had everything. Very enjoyable.

fückwit Ronnie fans are some doses though. Not fair at all on him but I thought Mark dealt with it in a composed fashion. Olivier was getting rightfully pîssed off towards the end but Mark’s composure never looked anything other then steadfast…enough pressure having to contend with playing Ronnie and being 0-3 down but down 3 or 4 seconds on your break-off shot and morons still yelling out, not only breaking but at various intervals throughout the 11 frames.

Ah they really do my head in haha. Look all for supporting your favourite player but constantly as you said shouting GWOOON RONNEH everytime he either does something or someone’s leaving the table from a miss etc is just cringe.

I noticed the referee becomes a lot more vocal telling people to “settle down” and “turn that off” during O’Sullivan matches. Not his fault obviously I’m sure it does his head in a bit also.

Lisowski started with a measured break, but the way these two play this could develop into a bit of a shootout of power snooker.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,350 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

Lisowski-Vafaei is shaping up to be a right ding dong battle!

I thought it was going to be a whitewash after the first 2 frames, but Vafaei had got right back in it.

Lots of nervy shots from both, but then they get into their stride and there's some lovely snooker being played.

Having said that, what was Vafaei thinking taking on that plant to the middle???

• Registered Users Posts: 8,424 ✭✭✭AllForIt

Vafael pushing the boat out too much tonight, seems to be a bit hyped up.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,601 ✭✭✭DJIMI TRARORE

Some of the worst shot ever played in snooker at the start of F9

Someone on here might put me out of my misery, that gambling aware ad on ES has been annoying me for ages....

Who are the two talking heads on it that are not Ruby Walsh and Stephanie Meadow???

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,775 ✭✭✭✭gormdubhgorm

Williams thinks if he hits some shots like that one handed it helps him to get a better angle/feel. I don't understand it myself. No one else does it before/since.

Guff about stuff, and stuff about guff.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,998 ✭✭✭✭Tom Mann Centuria

Oh well, give me an easy life and a peaceful death.

Ah feel bad for Vahei he played well. Had plenty of chances though.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,775 ✭✭✭✭gormdubhgorm

Williams will be well able for Lisowski I think.

Guff about stuff, and stuff about guff.

The same, I thought he might sneak it. But I'm delighted to see Lisowski through, his form seems to be improving all the time.

Vafaei's head must have been all over the shop, only getting into the tournament at the very last minute,

Turned a bit amateurish there for a while due to Vafaei loosing his composure. Think he could do with a bit of that sports psychology treatment.

I've got a plan. At 8:30pm tomorrow night, the next time there is a good shot and people are clapping or cheering, I will shout "Gwan Ronnie!". This is all your fault.

If I don't chicken out or forget

Watched the match on BBC Snooker Extra just now.

Tbh I don't get why he played it like that. He may have seen the line right but I think he missed because the cue wasn't stable. He could have used his bridge hand and bent over slightly to keep that birds eye view. I thought it was a bit unprofessional to play it the way he did.

Anyway as well as Williams played to recover I'm sure Ronnie will feel very sore for loosing that match after that brilliant last frame he won to draw level.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 196 ✭✭Spiderpig92

He can get a better read of the angle playing it one handed believe it or not!

Advertisement