Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Tesla Model 3 - V3.0

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,082 ✭✭✭silver_sky

I'm also on the fence over new 3 vs used. I would much prefer the USS.

For those without? how is it day to day with parking and that?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,967 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

Front fogs were put back on though, some of the minor improvements in recent year or so also include front laminated glass and lithium "12v" battery

My stuff for sale on Adverts inc. EDDI, hot water cylinder, roof rails...

Public Profile active ads for slave1 (adverts.ie)

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,124 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

i thought the RWD 3 and Y did not have front fogs. Highlighted by the blank black plate where the LR and P do have fog lights.

Jazuz, I'm gonna have to check now, thought mine did, I very rarely use and have all my lights darkened so can't tell by looking at them

• Registered Users Posts: 472 ✭✭Gile_na_gile

Yeah, for the M3 they're only on the LR and P models and earliest 2019 SR+. Can see as much by looking at the inventory via tesla-info where it has "Fog lamp blanked" on a 2022 demo RWD in red for 60k EUR, whereas others have "M3/Y Exterior Light Pack".

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,144 ✭✭✭shanec1928

just rears on the rwd 3 sept 22 car

• Registered Users Posts: 13 georgix

Same on my 212 SR+, no fog lights.

(To complicate a bit, I didn't have them on 191 E220d AMG Premium Line, and there was no option to get them. Many "luxury" brands started to remove them when they introduced all those LED multibeam and laser lights. My Merc was better in any foggy situation than 171 X-Trail SVE that had xenon and separate fog lights. :) )

• Registered Users Posts: 836 ✭✭✭JOL1

With Tesla things are constantly changing so it’s not as though there is a new Model every year, things get added and some things taken away on ongoing basis without fanfare from Tesla . On Model 3 there was a major refresh in late 2021, which introduced LFP battery, new computer chip, heated seats throughout, power open boot, heat pump etc. Price of second hands have been incredible due mainly to demand greater than supply. But Tesla now have huge production capacity which makes it quicker to get a car but will also impact value of second hands. There is also a rumoured major refresh of the Model 3 that people are speculating will be in 2023.

What that means is there will always be issues to consider, as to when is the sweet spot to enter the market and it’s very much down to personal choice which for everyone is different.

If you wait until later on in the year things will have changed but then 2024 is only around the corner and why not wait longer …and the beat goes on.

Sorry for confusion guys, no front fogs on my 221 RWD, in fact I've never used the fog lights yet!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 787 ✭✭✭Zurbaran

Fog lights are ridiculous in this day and age. They make sense on older cars but cars with full led don’t need them at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,393 ✭✭✭Fingleberries

One of the things that still impresses me about the Model 3 is the efficiency (I've a late-2021 SR+ LFP). I can't say that I've been overly cautious at driving - perhaps staying around 110 a bit more than 120 on motorway than I would have in my ICE car, but still not sparing the horses on some occasions. I've covered about 25k km in the year (probably 60:40 mix of motorway and local roads).

For a full year driving, it's averaging about 14.7 kWh/100km - even in the recent cold weather, with the cabin heat up at about 20'C, I'm still below 18 kWh/100km (that's probably because of the heat pump, if I were to guess).

I've seen other cars happy with 20+kWh/100km, so I'd have to say I'm happy out with my purchase one year in.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 15,326 Mod ✭✭✭✭AndyBoBandy

My lifetime average in my 2020 SR+ up to about 65,000km was 146Wh/km, which spanned 2 winters, and I’d be speed limit all the way….

My March to Winter was 137, my Winter so far is 160, AC on 18

2020 M3P

long term average over 6000km is 218Wh/km.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,523 ✭✭✭eagerv

My lifetime average for my March 2022 RWD appears to be embarrassingly low, so I wont quote it 😁. But a lot of my driving is governed by 80 and 100 km/h limits.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,431 ✭✭✭embraer170

I miss the USS a lot. The cameras are ok but can be quite misleading. Quite often, the rear camera is blocked altogether because of raindrops. I have driven a lot of cars with and without sensors and I think the model 3 given its size and poor rear visibility really needs some kind of sensors. I really hope they come up with some kind of vision based solution.

Go on, a lot of my routes are 80/100 roads too and I’m sure others are too, be handy to know

• Registered Users Posts: 4,523 ✭✭✭eagerv

Ok, seeing I have had a few Jemmies and said I wouldn't tell😁. The shame of it, i'm certainly not slow and like some heat.. But I rarely use adaptive cruise and try and drive smoothly and anticipate speeding/slowing up. The Trip A in photo would be more usual for my winter driving (Includes a recent Belfast Trip with a good bit of motorway speeds), but cannot believe the overall efficiency.

• Registered Users Posts: 712 ✭✭✭LeeroyJ.

Anyone know what happened to the North Dublin Supercharger (coming soon)? Seems to have disappeared from the list https://www.tesla.com/findus/list/superchargers/Ireland

• Advertisement

They do that from time to time, it was very much provisional to begin with, may pop back, may never

• Registered Users Posts: 1,277 ✭✭✭MightyMunster

Last time I looked they had removed all the coming soon from Ireland. Was hoping they would add them all back in together including some new ones.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,393 ✭✭✭Fingleberries

Looks like there's also no Irish locations in the top 100 sites in the new Supercharger location voting site (https://www.tesla.com/supercharger-voting/overview)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,277 ✭✭✭MightyMunster

They had Cavan and Derry last time but none this time. Voted for a few I might use in UK and France instead

• Registered Users Posts: 13,899 ✭✭✭✭josip

Don't feel too bad, Ireland is still doing ok for super charger sites although one up around Sligo would be useful. The 2nd biggest city in Greece doesn't have any supercharger site yet and only makes it to number 80 in that list. North Macedonia hasn't a single site in the whole country and yet Skopje languishes in 140th. The Salonica gap remains as wide as ever 🙁. Looking at the supercharger map it seems less than 10 locations in Europe in the last quarter were chosen from the voting. The majority are still chosen by Tesla based on their own criteria.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,547 ✭✭✭Redfox25

I put in n3 in cavan and n15 in sligo.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 15,326 Mod ✭✭✭✭AndyBoBandy

Ireland is doing very well indeed on the Supercharger front… Could be much better, but we are in rude health compared to Lithuania… I’m in the Tesla Owners Lithuania FB group as I drove there last summer and we now have a house there (so will drive there again in the future no doubt), so I see the struggles they have with their single Supercharger site in Kaunas, with regular queues at it.. and there are a sh1t ton of Tesla’s there. I’d easily say they’ve way more than there are in Ireland.. They import them from all over Europe, and even bring in loads from America (and have to use all various manner of adaptors to be able to charge the American cars in the wild).

That’s why I voted for a site in Klaipeda, which would do huge business. Any Superchargers in LT would do huge business though as about 80% of the EV’s I see are Tesla’s!!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,799 ✭✭✭Old diesel

Model 3 prices appear to have dropped for new ones overnight.

45 k for rwd

53 k for long range

60 k for performance

• Registered Users Posts: 1,889 ✭✭✭Jizique

Bit if a disaster for residual values and those who bought in recent months

• Advertisement

Advertisement