Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Newstalk Megathread Nov 2022

Options
  • 14-11-2022 12:06am
    Administrators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,724 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭hullaballoo

Take yizzer leave.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16,993 ✭✭✭✭BPKS

There's a fella Karl something or other on the Hard Shoulder now.

He put up his Xmas tree last night in his new house, posted pics on twitter and is on national radio to admit to the fact. He also told us he is going away for a few weeks on holidays next week and won't be around for the Toy Show.

I hope any prospective burglars odnt listen to the Hard Shoulder or follow this fella on twitter.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,326 ✭✭✭SAMTALK

When they bring on a guest to talk about a particular subject and Ciara takes over with stories of how she / her family do things

Shut up and let them speak for a bit !

• Registered Users Posts: 1,390 ✭✭✭UsBus

Just be glad she wasn't your GP back in the day. Imagine being a patient going into her to tell her your problem. I reckon you'd come out none the wiser

You'd end up listening to her problems instead !

We now have Shane calling her CK . Seriously stop with the initials and call them by their names. Not cool

• Registered Users Posts: 156 ✭✭Mr.CoolGuy

Look, I understand that Lunch Time Live is more of a show for everyday people to get their views in, but my God they're really scraping the bottom of the barrel with this vegan-colleges story. Three lads who can barely string a sentence together let alone get a coherent point across.

Two of them going on about the "green agenda" and saying that you can't believe any figures because anyone can say anything. The amount of outright lies and rubbish they're coming out with and of course no challenge at all from Andrea

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29,262 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

I have thought more than once that Andrea/Lunchtime Live makes Joe Duffy look positively professional.

And I say that as someone who is utterly and completely allergic to Joe Duffy, haven't tuned into Liveline in about a year and never ever intend to again.

Andrea seems like a decent broadcaster, I have nothing against her "personally" but the vehicle that she's been given is just awful, I don't know of anyone who could make a success of it in its current incarnation.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,729 ✭✭✭leath_dub

Andrea was a brilliant reporter on various Newstalk programs earlier in her career. Now I'm not sure how anyone could make a success of the lunchtime program in it's current format it's fair to say that Andrea is not bringing much to the party. The topics under discussion are usually beyond baland (and have usually already been discussed on the breakfast show) and no further insight is ever offfered. I'm not sure what Newstalk want from this show but it's not doing Moncreiff any favours. there is a huge fall of after Pat Kenny wraps up and the leakage continues until Moncreiff comes on

• Registered Users Posts: 16,202 ✭✭✭✭whisky_galore

Lunchtime Live is like the brainless radio equivalent of a sub-par women's magazine.

Absolute fluff.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,993 ✭✭✭✭BPKS

There was some woman on the Hard Shoulder after 4 o clock today, one of these parenting experts they ring up. She was on about kids having mobile phones. Told us how she wanted to take her kids to the cinema or have them watch I'm a Celebrity instead of having their faces stuck in a screen.

Sean was dead right making the point about the East Wall protests, fierce bang of classism shoving refugees into areas where residents don't have the wealth to lawyer up.

That's why you never see them placed in affluent areas, not worth the legal hassle.

• Advertisement

Listening to Hazel Chu on the hard shoulder. Is she really that clueless/out of touch or is it an act?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,622 ✭✭✭✭Ol' Donie

Post edited by Ol' Donie on

Real tension between Eoin O'Broin today. Ciara and Shane none too happy about their framing if the narrative being questioned. A really tetchy interview

'What do you think about stuff' Andrea and her ill-informed Dublin-centric Green councillor on public transport.

Opionated loudmouth Aussie (is there any other kind?) on Andrea's show extolling the virtues of "Dumpster Diving". They're only doing to raise awareness of food wastage, don't you know?

• Registered Users Posts: 18,719 ✭✭✭✭gormdubhgorm

‘Stammering pride’ woman on Moncreiff looking at positivity of stammering!? Nora Trench Foulds her name is.

Sounds daft to me to be honest, and just seems like a comfort mechanism to make themselves feel better. But those speeches at ‘Stammering Pride’ must be torture!?

Guff about stuff, and stuff about guff.

Maybe because it is cheaper? More accessible property etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,211 ✭✭✭Dreamweapon

I'm not sure what your problem is here? People availing of food that would otherwise be going to landfill. Nothing wrong with that imo.

Big on the all mouth and trousers scene

• Registered Users Posts: 3,022 ✭✭✭Genghis

Great to hear Ivan back this morning for Pat Kenny, albeit I only caught the first 30 mins.

Wonder is there a succession plan there for whenever Pat hangs up the cans. Or even if Ivan is working back into the 2023 schedule in some other way.

Nothing wrong with it, we waste and throw out tons of food every year. More so at Xmas, people panic-filling trollies as if they're feeding a small army or preparing a fall out shelter.

It's utterly stupid and disgraceful.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,237 ✭✭✭Azatadine

Yeah, I must admit, I was surprised how nice it was to hear him this morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 493 ✭✭huey1975

Nothing as ridiculous as Coleman and Kelly yesterday morning pretending to be presenting a live show talking about how full they were after their Christmas dinners and then playing back some of the best interviews of the past few months. Obviously pre-recorded but trying to convince us that they were up on St Stephen’s Morning!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,974 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

That's pretty much every scheduled Christmas programme on TV and radio. Not really a big deal.

Jayus, I would listen to that child psychologist one on Moncreiff just reading the phone book! Very relaxing.

Irish Journalist and British correspondent Enda Brady - in flying form summing up the British political year. Some of his lines -

‘You could put a blue ribbon on a squirrel in that area and they would be elected to the Conservative party.’

’Boris Johnston is the type of fella who if KIlkenny were playing in an All Ireland.

If you gave Boris a Kilkenny jersey and hurl he would think he is the most important person on the team, and will win Kilkenny the All Ireland.’

Andrea on horoscopes, that's a hard pass for me.

By god that Ciara 'Shaft' attempt was the lamest thing I have heard this year.

Shane Coleman in just 1 week has said he was surprised at how much the price of fuel had come down, cant see the problem with increase in price of Guinness, will no scrimp on food,

Oh to have his pockets !

He never seems to have a problem with price increases

Smashed avocado on toast Dublin-centric smugeratti the pair of them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,572 ✭✭✭RINO87

He's playing a caricature, (badly), makes people angry, so they text in for 50c a pop.

Yates was quite good at this I thought, really wound people up, but not Coleman....yet still the texts come flying in.

Advertisement