Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Tesla Model 3 - V3.0

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,799 ✭✭✭Old diesel

This what I'm seeing.

I did think of the whole "after savings" nonsense Tesla do.

But when I did progress to order the after savings price was 38 k on a RWD.

BTW is it normal for Tesla to *not* mention anything re heat pump in the spec and features.

Or am I not looking in the right place....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,247 ✭✭✭joe1303l

Are these prices after €5k grant ? Obviously the P wouldn’t qualify for a grant.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

• Registered Users Posts: 5,799 ✭✭✭Old diesel

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,942 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

Yeah but it's probably the first sign that car companies are starting to compete on price and that's only a good thing for the consumer.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Registered Users Posts: 472 ✭✭Gile_na_gile

My god. What a huge drop. I had expected it to be decreasing to 49k in white. Massive hit incoming on second hand market., particular 2021 2022 refresh models. I noticed a few sub40k 2019 sr+ this week too.

• Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭RM Ernest

• Registered Users Posts: 1,627 ✭✭✭traco

Think he will need to change his price reduction line and credit Elon for the next price drop he is going to have to swallow.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,031 ✭✭✭Casati

Can see a lot of used car dealers with 50k+ price tags on Model 3's spitting out their morning Mocha's as they read about this.

Will likely see people cancel orders for Ioniq's, ID4', EV6's too - almost everything in that class looks terrible value compared to Tesla now

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 689 ✭✭✭Mike2006

Nice one - Tesla have just depreciated our cars by €10k (extra) overnight...

• Registered Users Posts: 282 ✭✭eltoastero

wow that's a big drop, getting the long range (With a colour choice!) under the grant price is a very very smart move. I had moved away from recommending Model 3s to friends who were going electric as the previous price made it a harder sell (compared to say an Ioniq 5 or EV6) but now the Model 3 (SR or LR) are both looking like excellent value.

Handy too for anyone trying not to get screwed on the latest BIK increase

• Registered Users Posts: 2,431 ✭✭✭embraer170

Under 40k after the grant?

• Registered Users Posts: 21,938 ✭✭✭✭ELM327

Wow.

That's a massive haircut for all of us that took delivery in 2022. I mean, it's not unexpected from tesla but I wasnt expecting it!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,961 ✭✭✭rocky

Technology should be deflationary, it's only the current money system baked-in inflation that has prices going up year on year.

Luckily we have Elon...

• Registered Users Posts: 243 ✭✭LasersGoPewPew

This is fantastic news for consumers who are waiting to switch to electric. Hopefully this will make all other brands to drop their prices accordingly.

• Registered Users Posts: 472 ✭✭Gile_na_gile

I imagine a lot of people want the SUV CUV shape, and have forgotten how to sit into a saloon car with their 105 year old spines, though I recognise that the EV6 and Ioniq are not high sitting compared to Zoe, LEAF, etc. On the other hand, that confirms that the M3 will soon be like an upmarket Ford Focus circa 2010 as it will be ubiquitous and part of the suburban furniture on every street. I wonder what effect it will have on the mid-market sales. I'll probably want to sell the LEAF e+ quick now to retain capital for a new or a decreased price refresh RWD. Mental to think that a new LR is now the price of the old RWD.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,440 ✭✭✭jhegarty

Drive a Tesla Starting From € 44.990

At Tesla, our goal is to accelerate the transition to sustainable energy.

As production ramps up across our Gigafactories, we are able to make our vehicles more affordable. Model 3 now starts from € 44.990 and Model Y now starts from € 46.990.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,051 ✭✭✭Red Silurian

My local credit union does an auto-loan for 3.95% APR, a model 3 now works out at €447p/m with no deposit over 10 years with that offer... It's still too expensive for me personally but there's plenty above me who will fall into the net now and will hopefully trickle down to the lower priced cars further reducing in price

• Registered Users Posts: 1,627 ✭✭✭traco

Probably more like 5k with the grant supposedly disappearing

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,051 ✭✭✭Red Silurian

VRT documentation and tyre recycling fees almost make up the 5k, it's €44,370 when all this is taken into account

• Registered Users Posts: 1,123 ✭✭✭sh81722

This explains why the Tesla trade in valuation recently took a 10k hit. While I agree that it wouldn't have been the best time to buy a RWD late 2022, it's all about the cost of change going forward. Now would be the perfect time to upgrade to a LR before the grant drops.

This is what happens when a company with 4 car factories with spare capacity and supplies sorted out shows the market who's the boss.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,524 ✭✭✭eagerv

Hard on any of us who have bought recently, but at least I got in sub €50K last March. But this is going to shake up the whole market, cannot see the excellent trade ins continuing.

But I am just going to continue enjoying my excellent car was too much to expect the excellent depreciation continuing.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,967 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

Still in shock, Tesla have utterly destroyed the fundamentals of Irish new and used EV, other brands will lose so much

My stuff for sale on Adverts inc. EDDI, hot water cylinder, roof rails...

Public Profile active ads for slave1 (adverts.ie)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,393 ✭✭✭Fingleberries

I've my car for the long haul anyway, not as an investment, so not too worried about depreciation (in the over inflated market that existed). With this price drop, however, I'm glad that it brings most of the range of M3/MY back under the grant level and can hopefully spur other manufacturers to also compete on price.

• Registered Users Posts: 282 ✭✭eltoastero

Hypothetically, if you had an order in for a M3 with delivery in Jan/Feb/Mar 2023 and saw this new price drop, what are your options? Will the price change automatically to the new lower price or do you have to edit your order (colour, alloys, interior) to see the new price reflected? Or cancel the order, forgo the €250 deposit and re-order?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,123 ✭✭✭sh81722

I'd say going forward it will be a very difficult job to get a good valuation for Tesla from 2nd hand car dealers. Burnt once etc. etc.

The market will fix itself and as the makers of ICE vehicles will absolutely need to get their houses in order. That 95 g/CO2 emissions average is not going to happen by itself. And now as there are no multipliers in place anymore for the BEVs sold so they absolutely need to start selling electric vehicles. And to do that the volume need to go up and prices will have to come down. I think Tesla has just preempted that with these price cuts and now there must be some sleepless weekends coming for others. Which one would you choose: A Model 3/Y or an eNiro or a LEAF when the price is the same?

• Registered Users Posts: 26 TSLQs

I have a RWD M3 due for delivery 23 Feb - Mar 11.

Still says remaining balance is €54,549.78 on my account.

Same spec is now €47,488 !!!

Surely my only option now is to cancel and reorder?

• Registered Users Posts: 26 TSLQs

Make that €46,198 !!!

Sorry had wrong seats selected...

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,967 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

Telsa will update the price, just take a while, they honour lower of price at ordering or delivery

My stuff for sale on Adverts inc. EDDI, hot water cylinder, roof rails...

Public Profile active ads for slave1 (adverts.ie)

Advertisement