Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FIFA 23 Ultimate Team Thread

Options

Comments

• Administrators Posts: 53,845 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

Very quiet in here these days, have we all given up?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,748 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

Still playing, there's just not much to get excited for. My team has barely changed since the World Cup, they gave those WC Heroes such good boosts and gave us lots of SBCs/opportunities to get them....and since then barely any promo cards have come close to replacing them.

Ben Yedder is the best striker in this promo so far and he's barely even better than the Base version of Brolin, never mind his WC card

• Registered Users Posts: 20,120 ✭✭✭✭Cyrus

i think they are conscious of not releasing too many overpowered players too early,

i have been lucky enough to pack cordoba, ginola and di natale and did the keane and jairzinho sbc, the only issue i have is my own skill level!

also managed to get enzo fernandez showdown card into my team on 2 chem with acuna, de paul and correa wc players, he is mental.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,103 ✭✭✭Sudden Valley

Di natale is an excellent player alright. Have ignored weekend league for a while so got up to Rivals Div 3. I think playing Rivals consistently has improved me slightly , the Weekend League being akin to the FA Cup where you have players/teams of varying quality from match to match.

Be interesting to see how EA change Rivals in the next iteration of FIFA (or whatever it is to be called next year)

• Registered Users Posts: 19,748 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

New Centurions team out and I'm thinking the same thing.

Salah is the most expensive player in this promo and he barely has better stats than Brolin, who was the 11th most expensive player in a promo that happened over 2 months ago:

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,464 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

I’ve got 70 packs saved for TOTY now, and haven’t opened any for about two weeks now. Usually I’d not bother but the Centurions promo just doesn’t appeal at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,231 ✭✭✭mutley18

Havent opened anything for Centurions, nothing appeals. Will wait and pack feck all for TOTY.

Rank V in Champs easy enough with 3 games to spare I gave away.

87 Sorloth x2 and 87 Talisca as red picks.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,231 ✭✭✭mutley18

This is working nicely for me at the minute, all untradeable except the 2 CBs and Mendy.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,440 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

I thought it was a base or icon WC sbc pack so did it. Then to my horror realized it was a hero's pick. Got great choices though of base Toure/ WC Voller and not sure who the other fella was....went with Toure as he's fit in well with Vieira.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,156 ✭✭✭Giggsy_

I’m a 9 win merchant, 11 if I am very lucky

Was 5-6 this weekend before by some stroke of luck I won 9 in a row to get 14-6, It might seem sad but I’m buzzing

Gouvu from the World Cup Hero pack, seems decent enough

• Advertisement

WC marquez best of the hero picks looks ok but not really what you want to see!

Nice one, always a good feeling if you beat your usual WL record.

WL is infinitely more fun than Rivals at the moment.

no especially not when i have 3 squads of zidane to finish. DOH

Bellingham the only real head scratcher here

I wonder which league will be best todo with the 25k league packs they will hopefully release at some point over the two weeks

Pretty much any of them gets into my team so looking forward to opening my 100 packs 😂

At least it's better than last year which was basically just Man City and PSG players, with Lewa and Jorginho thrown in. If I packed one last year I would have basically needed to change my entire team for chem.

Obviously if I pack any of these they'd go straight into my team, but there's 4 of them I could get in on chem without having to re-do half my team.

Would love any of them (Even Courtois I guess) but Benzema and or Modric would be the dream

12th man is surely Halland, maybe neymar ?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,440 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

he's supposed to be damn good..as part of a 3 man defense he's really rated.

Playing him beside cordoba

pretty good, at least as good as mid Rio who he has displaced.

• Advertisement

POTM Mbappe 😂 Everyone will be crafting him with their saved packs.

I have like 100 packs, so at least if I get nothing I can do him.

Unless EA screw me in my packs.

Who am I kidding, they're definitely going to screw me.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,454 ✭✭✭RocketRaccoon

Rooney icon sbc, I've 40ish packs saved for toty. I'm sure it'll all be rubbish, at least if it is I'll put it towards that card.

Well, today is the day.

Anyone opening their packs from today, or are you all gonna keep til next week with the full team?

forgot they do it in stages

im not great at savings packs if im honest.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

I have about 50 packs for TOTY. So there are only three players released today. Doesn't it make sense to wait until all players are released in packs next week?

It depends what card you want.

If you want one of Messi, Mbappe or Benzema then their drop rate will be higher for the next few days compared to next week when they're all in packs.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,843 ✭✭✭dmigsy

😎Yes!

Going to wait till the full team is there, I think.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,390 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Nice one, 84s are going for more than average at the minute!

Advertisement