Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Tesla Model Y

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,961 ✭✭✭rocky

MY Blue on White with tow hitch is 'only' 50.5k, adding bigger wheels is also under the grant price

• Registered Users Posts: 65,381 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

You're right, that has made my mind up alright, can't not go through with it at that sort of money. All second hand Model S, including my own, will take a substantial hit in value because of this though, as will many other EVs except the lower priced ones that don't really compete.

• Registered Users Posts: 507 ✭✭✭Jasper79

Great price drop this morning, so tempting this. I see the black colour( solid?) is free also. Has anybody taken in black, or how would it compare to the white (metalic?)?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,839 ✭✭✭rx8

I passed a black one at Avoca on the N7 earlier, obviously the LR,with the black wheels, but it looked pretty good.

• Registered Users Posts: 243 ✭✭LasersGoPewPew

Delete post

• Advertisement

Well spotted. Solid black had not been a free colour for quite some time. It's tempting to keep the €1200 for metallic in my pocket and go for black. But my current Tesla is black (metallic) and my last Tesla was black (solid) and I don't even like black very much.

To give you an idea, this is my last car in solid black

• Registered Users Posts: 444 ✭✭alan kelly

Wow, got a text from them this morning to say pre delivery tasks are now complete whatever that means ??

Then see this price reduction,,, Id love to chance changing to the black but id be afraid id miss getting on in Feb..

Good point. Pretty much nobody except Gomez Addams would have paid €1200 for solid black when ordering the Model Y RWD last year.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,989 ✭✭✭✭ELM327

True, but the S isnt a direct like for like comparison. They arent even selling them here, and yours has FSD so will have some good trade in value with Tesla. I'm seeing a direct haircut to my car value overnight - and I really feel for anyone who took delivery of a LR MY!

• Registered Users Posts: 507 ✭✭✭Jasper79

Wow Gorgeous car, prob obvious answer, but hard to keep looking clean ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,502 ✭✭✭✭fits

Let’s see what happens. This certainly makes the Id.4 seem like poor value now. ( which it has been for a while).

• Registered Users Posts: 1,634 ✭✭✭traco

Interesting that the solid black is still 1200 on the 3

• Registered Users Posts: 1,765 ✭✭✭ds20prefecture

>>Looking to move from a PHEV Outlander—a couple of questions for the owners if you don't mind.

Not an owner but i've driven both

1. The car is quite wide—how do find it driving on the roads here in general? As in finding it too wide or just fine? (Hope the question makes sense)
      1. It's wide but not unmanageable. Similar to the outlander. Roads fine, even narrow roads. But a little more difficult parking wise because of visbility
    2. Looking at the standard range—do mostly drive around Dublin with an occasional trip up North/Donegal etc - how do you find the range?
      1. It's pretty much the most efficient car of this type. The battery can be safely charged to 100% every night, so you're realistically get 300km out of it every day, regardless of driving style. Closer to 350 in summer with a light foot.
    3. Were there many recalls of the Y? As in, are there many issues with them in general?
      1. Only one so far that have required going back to the dealer, and not all cars were affected. Plenty of issues fixed over the air through software. So by the time most people hear of the issue, it's already fixed in their car. Tesla don't do "model years", the cars are continuously improved so as a result fewer cars are affected by recalls. See 2022 Tesla Model Y Recalls | Cars.com
    4. I have heard a lot of issues about quality of finish—like different gaps, seals not properly fitted etc - how do you find it in general?
      1. Better than my 2021 Volkswagen.
      2. "feels" a bit better than the outlander inside.
      3. China made cars (which is all we get here) are as good as anyone else
    5. How is the suspension in general, especially driving around Dublin?
      1. A bit firmer than the outlander, but less roll and better damping
    6. I know it's a fairly new model—but with the outlander there is very low maintenance (so far) so wondering how reliable the car is in general?
      1. Electric cars generally are much lower maintenance than petrol, diesel or hybrid because there's 1000s less moving parts
      2. While Tesla's specifically have reasonable parts pricing and reasonable servicing cost you need to bear in mind that they are a closed system in terms of servicing or repair. You don't go to an independent with your Tesla.

Hope this helps - even before today's price drop the Model Y was probably the best all round EV on the market, albeit a little pricey. The only downside now is that they'll be the toyota corolla of the next 5 year, being so ubiquitous as to be boring...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,819 ✭✭✭Silent Running

Well, that's me back in the game. The reason I cancelled the SR was due to range.

It's a pity the MSM colour puts it a couple of hundred over the grant threshold. White out, black in it is so. Any black tesla I've seen looks really dull, even the blue doesn't pop like it should. MSM would have been my first choice.

@ds20prefecture - "How is the suspension in general, especially driving around Dublin?

1. A bit firmer than the outlander, but less roll and better damping"

I presume you haven't driven the RWD though? The cars we are getting all have "comfort suspension" which is miles better than the previous suspension which was harsh. Even on 19" wheels.

• Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭Jjohnrockk

New cars are expected to have radars. All.over youtube. Is that the reason for reduction.

On No.5, the suspension... the new model will have the updated comfort suspension which practically nobody here has driven. Supposed to be much better than the older one.

That's the car just fully valeted and machine polished before I put it up for sale. And I'm not into cleaning cars at all myself. Does that answer your question? 😂

That car is actually for sale now at a very good price, see DoneDeal.

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭CuriosityKilledtheCat

Jumped on this and ordered the MYLR in solid black. Have delivery date of late Feb/March for the MYRWD in Midnight Silver Metallic so will wait and see if the existing price on that drops.

Apart from range (which is not a deal breaker for me), are there any other advantages to getting the LR?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,934 ✭✭✭✭josip

If you modify your existing reservation (MY RWD) to a (MY LR) I assume you keep your existing reservation number. Facebook/posters are saying that the prices on that will update in coming weeks. But does anyone know if you keep your place in the 'queue'?

I'm aware the cars will all be on the same boat, but I assume that they will do the matching in order of reservation number. In which case, there's a chance there won't be a match on the Q1 boat? Some of yesterday's posts seemed to imply that there might not be a Q2 boat. I don't want to miss out on the grant. Or am I overestimating the amount of people who will now want an MY LR?

• Advertisement

I think that anyone considering buying a new electric car now needs to seriously consider this with probable delivery before the grant expires.

With 9-12 month delivery times on EV6,ID3,ID4,Ioniq 5,E-Niro etc. it's time to just get in line and thank Elon later.

There is no queue. Tesla just ship a number of each cars and contact anyone that has a reservation in that batch that matches the models on board. Change your order.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,536 ✭✭✭eagerv

Great news lads, not so great for me perhaps who bought a Model 3 last March, but at least I got in at sub €50K. But who is to know what the market will be in a years time.

I think if I had a Model Y RWD on order I would probably not change to the LR, even though pricing is great for the performance and range. There are definite advantages in the LFP Battery imo.

The obvious advantages of having AWD (if you live up the mountains somewhere) and it has a lot more traction and it is very quick off the mark. Personally I prefer to drive RWD cars over AWD cars.

• Registered Users Posts: 845 ✭✭✭JOL1

Has anyone been able to confirm if existing orders have been/ will be adjusted for new pricing or is it a case that you need to reorder from scratch with associated potential time delays? Web site with order details don't make it clear

Existing orders will be updated. This is always the case with Tesla and there's been direct confirmation shared in the owners group.

• Registered Users Posts: 696 ✭✭✭Alfagtamini

Yes, I had this confirmed on the phone this morning.

They also couldn't confirm if MYLR's would arrive in Feb-Mar or if it would be September onwards.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,999 ✭✭✭Spipov

called tesla. they cannot guarantee anything as any changes might push it to the next quarter, even the changes i made yesterday. id say that person is overwhelmed today with calls. ill wait to speak to the person i spoke to yesterday and see what he comes up with.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,806 ✭✭✭Old diesel

I'm currently wondering how the 2nd hand Tesla market is going to be impacted......

No one sensible will buy a 2019 Model 3 SR+ with no heat pump - smaller battery and 3.5 years old.

For 40 k and more now....

So we should be in the space of 32 k to buy Model 3s on 2nd hand market surely.

Because the 2020, 2021 and 2022 cars will be impacted too....

• Advertisement

The whole EV market is impacted by this, @Old diesel. And yes, we should see a €32k second hand Model 3 soon enough. I predicted that a few months ago as second hand Model 3 prices were simply ridiculous. This price drop obviously speeds that up.

Advertisement