Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Liveline: Thread with no name, Host with no shame

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

I didn't hear the show today but knowing that Joe went to Trinity and that all third level is the same in his book and ergo, he's as qualified as any Doctor or OBGYN Consultant, I'm 100% confident that any advice given on the show today is 100% accurate and medically sound. He really is underpaid considering all that he does, and a credit to RTE and indeed the nation as an outstanding broadcaster. We are indeed lucky to have him. Could we perhaps organise a GoFundMe page to top up his fees in some way so that he feels justly rewarded?

• Registered Users Posts: 20,566 ✭✭✭✭2smiggy

no advise from Joe thankfully. The message seemed to be don't wait till nearly 40 to have a child, or if you do try to be in reasonable physical condition !!

I see it with friends of mine approaching that age, all the pints drank during there 20's and early to mid 30's are starting to catch up with them. I have seen it on holiday in so many places, the looks of amazement of people from outside the uk and ireland at the ladies boozing. This all catches up to them.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,428 ✭✭✭golondrinas

Sorry, can’t allow joe anywhere near a hospital in medical capacity as he can’t pronounce obstetrician. Don’t believe me ? Listen to his opening of the show. He mumbled his way through. A pro would have practiced words he was liable to use and wasn’t sure of.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,074 ✭✭✭✭Larbre34

There aren't enough hours in the day for Duffy to practice pronouncing the words that he routinely gets wrong.

He's a buffoon.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,737 ✭✭✭Brian Scan

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

• Registered Users Posts: 25,118 ✭✭✭✭zell12

• Registered Users Posts: 2,011 ✭✭✭Expunge

That gentleman who advised a female caller to "close yer legs" on Liveline a few years back would have added greatly to the show yesterday.

• JOSEPH

Someone stripped of their pension cos he left the country.

Mudders and faaaaaaders as well and See Sections, and fat, old, short wimmens.

January joggers (male) in Lycra, run over by wimmens, did I hear right?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,577 ✭✭✭avfc1874

Joe had to get in a dig in at men, (fat men in lycra) because yesterday didn't suit his agenda as the midwife and the report was done by women -but still blames men some how,

I wonder if Joe is as touchy about his own weight as he is about being a pensioner, he snapped at some one before when they mentioned he was a pensioner, some shite about I'm not a pensioner I don't get my pension or bus pass till next year

• Advertisement

• ^^^

• Registered Users Posts: 11,213 ✭✭✭✭Furze99

Fair dues to Social Welfare I was thinking. If he's permanently left the state, no obligations there for states outside the EU.

Post edited by Boards.ie: Paul on

• Upcoming “Praise be to Allah”

'Akmed , where are you from ? originally ? and what attracted you to this soft touch country ?'

• Registered Users Posts: 15,322 ✭✭✭✭McDermotX

Sudan

Sure dats just next door

• Registered Users Posts: 39,532 ✭✭✭✭Dan Jaman

"Whoy did you leave Sudan?"

"For freedom and dignity."

Errrmmmm, so nobody was threatening to kill you?

Вашему собственному бычьему дерьму нельзя верить - V Putin

• Yes we gave freedom of speech provided you tow the left hand line

• Registered Users Posts: 6,578 ✭✭✭thecretinhop

Don't do de accent

• Registered Users Posts: 13,134 ✭✭✭✭Losty Dublin

RTÉ News at 1 must be running late today. There's an up to date current news story in place of Liveline with Joe.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,767 ✭✭✭mumo3

There's is no way Joe is going to let people on to ask the proper albeit controversial questions.... like if you are fleeing why not seek asylum in the first country you reach?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,322 ✭✭✭✭McDermotX

Why not tell us anyway........unless you suspect de Sudanese do be listening to de Lahvlahn everyday?

• Registered Users Posts: 39,532 ✭✭✭✭Dan Jaman

The pension thing will likely be someone who got the non-contributory pension, which is issued with the condition that you reside in the country something like 48 weeks out of the year.

A full-on contributory pension, they don't care where you live.

Post edited by Boards.ie: Paul on
    Вашему собственному бычьему дерьму нельзя верить - V Putin

• Registered Users Posts: 5,279 ✭✭✭archfi

Good point caller.

I've no doubt Sudan and South Sudan are pretty much kips but he sounds like an economic migrant. There are legal channels to do that. He hasn't mentioned civil strife (which there is continuously there) or a threat to his life at all.

The issue is never the issue; the issue is always the revolution.

The Entryism process: 1) Demand access; 2) Demand accommodation; 3) Demand a seat at the table; 4) Demand to run the table; 5) Demand to run the institution; 6) Run the institution to produce more activists and policy until they run it into the ground.

'do you have sky sports ?'

• Registered Users Posts: 4,504 ✭✭✭cozar

colour of room ?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,430 ✭✭✭run_Forrest_run

convenient how he doesn't want to talk about his story

• Registered Users Posts: 1,767 ✭✭✭mumo3

If the government informed people about what's going on, you wouldn't have the extreme lefties coming in and whipping up a scaremongering frenzy!! But the government refuse to say anything other than the usual "Ukrainian Women and Children" as bus loads of men pull up to hotels!!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,973 ✭✭✭NeinNeinNein

I came to Ireland for the its lovely people and scenery.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,708 ✭✭✭✭Ally Dick

To say you are fleeing persecution needs to be challenged again and again and again. People are copping on to the thick lazy Irish civil servants who are deciding to let these people in. Everyone knows that the UK has decided to send people to Rwanda, and we're getting them all now

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,279 ✭✭✭archfi

'Why did you 'choose' Ireland to 'flee' to?

I can answer that - because of NGO's and our govt dopes.

PS Kudos at least to Joe for asking the question.

The issue is never the issue; the issue is always the revolution.

The Entryism process: 1) Demand access; 2) Demand accommodation; 3) Demand a seat at the table; 4) Demand to run the table; 5) Demand to run the institution; 6) Run the institution to produce more activists and policy until they run it into the ground.

Advertisement