Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Tesla Model Y

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 968 ✭✭✭gabbo is coming

Just requested a call back

I dont seem to have the option online anymore. My order late Feb 18-Mar7 delivery

• Registered Users Posts: 13,934 ✭✭✭✭josip

Almost 9000 reservations since 9.30.

What will you do if you're asked to take delivery of the RWD before getting a firm delivery window for the LR ?

Reject the RWD and cross fingers that the LR arrives before end Q2?

Also, does the MIC LR MY have the LFP battery yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,999 ✭✭✭Spipov

9000 worldwide?

they had a surplus from q4 2022

Don't know, all I did was subtract our RN from unkel's RN and got 8900 :)

Might be kind of 2 + 2 = 7 level logic if the RNs aren't completely sequential which some have said they aren't.

They arent. If they are its worldwide. Im 117799 and no way theres 9000 y sold here in 3 months

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,313 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

Email them.

No guarantee that any changes will still mean Q1 delivery seemly based on posts by people that have swapped spec.

• Registered Users Posts: 572 ✭✭✭Foreign Sports

Have also ordered another one, this time a model 3 LR in black

Will be cancelling my model y rwd in blue

• Registered Users Posts: 1,634 ✭✭✭traco

Question - what happens these canceled orders if they are enroute? Will they end up in Sandyfords stock? Could be great if they did, having a big local inventory wouldn't be a bad thing IMO.

• Registered Users Posts: 979 ✭✭✭bf

Email in from Tesla to say existing orders pricing will be updated to new more affordable pricing

Tesla doesn't build to order. They build a bit of everything, load it and match it up to orders en route. Some have said this usually happens sometime after Suez, 1 or 2 weeks before delivery. I don't know if many existing RWD order holders will be cancelling. A lot here seem to be happy to sit tight and pocket the savings. The RWD cancellations will be significantly outnumbered by new orders I suspect and people jumping ship from other manufacturers' waiting lists.

Another thing I am curious about is that although Tesla don't build to order, they would still have known that up to yesterday, the vast majority of MYs ordered in Ireland for Q1 would be RWD. It wouldn't make sense for them to have loaded many LRs before now. So it's possible that after the price change overnight there will be more demand for LRs than are in the first shipment.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 130 ✭✭KLF

Ah it looks like it just sneaks above the €60k grant limit, you would think they would reduce the Destination and Documentation fee

Also I was wondering why even the black or white paint was still putting it over the 60k limit but it turns out the tow bar was being added by default

• Registered Users Posts: 1,765 ✭✭✭ds20prefecture

More Bjorn goodness https://youtu.be/bRPfAX4EAuc

• Registered Users Posts: 946 ✭✭✭Rusky rusky

An email from Tesla.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,575 ✭✭✭celtic_oz

got a call back and changed from SR white exterior, white interior to LR black with black

gutted over white interior not qualifying

• Registered Users Posts: 1,499 ✭✭✭blobert

Yeah, you'd think it was worth their while to drop the price by a few quid to ultimately get another €1200 out of me but I doubt they'll be paying attention to every possible combo and what tips over the grant.

I can ask them about it later when they are less busy, would very much like to have the white seats if it was an option.

• Registered Users Posts: 968 ✭✭✭gabbo is coming

Phoned them. Changed to black and no hitch.

Done, asked would it impact delivery, she said if you don't have a vin, consider your car not made

No impact

• Registered Users Posts: 7,185 ✭✭✭pad199207

I’d say the trade in offers are worse than ever ?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,440 ✭✭✭jhegarty

Only one way to find out. I requested one one this morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭FaaF

Ordered a Model Y LR in black.

The used market will take a massive hit but it'll likely take some time to filter down.

I'm thinking it may be a cheap couple of years motoring with the removal of the grant taking some of the sting out of the depreciation.

That being said, looking at used Tesla prices yesterday, many current owners probably thought the same thing about a couple of years cheap motoring - so who knows what the future will bring.

With these price drops exceeding the value of the grants, it'll be interesting to see whether they reduce it or remove it entirely this year. EV's were growing in market share before the current round of price drops and surely the other manufacturers need to respond. They must be asking themselves whether the grant is needed going forward.

• Registered Users Posts: 415 ✭✭og2k7

Very close to pulling the trigger - one more question. Is Tesla doing trade ins - seen some posts but when is this applied for ? As I can only see a 250 security deposit link and nothing else.

Thanks and @ds20prefecture absolutely more than helpful reply earlier - thank you!

• Advertisement

They'll offer your car to the trade, but unless you're trading in another Tesla you're likely to get a very low offer and are better off selling privately.

Only a 250 deposit needed now (which is refundable under distance selling regs if a private purchase). You can change on their website after ordering how you will finance the car, cash/pcp/hp/trade in.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,313 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

Yes but best to sell private or to a dealer unless it’s a Tesla.

Order, enter trade in details. You can decide later whether to trade in or not.

And if it all goes balls up you can cancel and get your deposit back.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,536 ✭✭✭eagerv

Many on here have been arguing that the grant should go, seems to only go straight into the manufacturers pockets.

I see the Y Performance is now €69800. Can anyone remember what that cost yesterday?

• Registered Users Posts: 16,044 ✭✭✭✭AMKC
    Ms

Sure you people in here might be all very well off or rich and not need the grant but there is many who do. I for one do not think it should go till 2030 at the earliest and even think its should be increased by 50 per cent or maybe even 100 per and that way more people could afford electric cars as they would become even cheaper and more of them could then be driving electric cars so more electric cars and the road = good for us all.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

Well I am not one of the rich ones🙂.

All for the grant if it makes EVs more affordable, but not sure the evidence is there to support that.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,044 ✭✭✭✭AMKC
    Ms

Wait a minute. You are going to change from a lovely classy KIA EV6 to a Tesla. Your choice. Will your EV6 be worth more or less than what you paid for it?

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

• Registered Users Posts: 645 ✭✭✭Killer K

On paper the SR range is less than the EV6. Real world I doubt there is much in it. The SR would be more efficient. Can see your logic going for the LR at that price though.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,335 ✭✭✭sk8board

Great for the overall competition in the market and for new Tesla buyers obviously, but when the dust settles it won’t be the massive game changer here in Ireland that people might think - the model 3 was the 27th biggest selling car in Ireland last year, an improvement on being the 36th best selling model in 2021 and also 2020. This will hugely boost new Tesla sales, no doubt, but will also bring forward a lot of buy-decisions too. The other manufacturers won’t need to react unless they’re losing big time volume, and it’s hard to see that happen to the ev6 or ioniq, but perhaps the ID4 volume will drop (it’s currently 3x the model 3 sales, which is a bit odd. Each to their own).

early adopters got burned, especially any LR buyers paying top dollar since the grant went in June 2021, but everyone with a Tesla took a bath today whatever way you view it.

The mirage of the €47-55k prices on 192 pre facelift SR+ will come all the way back to earth, probably to very low €30’s, which is great.

obviously any dealer/private seller with a 2nd hand tesla took an absolute bath today too - a €65k Jan 2021 LR with medium mileage is likely to be €20k down after 24months (and probably a great sweet spot in the market, for €/km of range).

• Advertisement

Oh lord would you buy me a black tesla…

Advertisement